Search results

1. Showing vs Telling

I prefer showing vs telling myself. Only thing is, I need a lot more experience with the showing part. Guess you have to start trying at some point, eh
  2. Showing vs Telling

@Kes I suppose it doesn't really matter, now when you mention it. I was too stuck in the thought that I had to make it obvious an amount of time had passed between the opening and the point where the player starts out
  3. Showing vs Telling

I have a small question regarding this topic. I hope it's related to this, at least. What do you guys mostly prefer when it comes to passing time, say in an opening cutscene before the game actually starts. Do you prefer a short text displaying something quick and simple "Many years...
  4. Water tiles

I kinda figured this was the case, but I thought I'd ask just in case. Guess I have to find another solution. Thanks you guys for clearing it up
  5. Water tiles

But for me, that creates such a sharp edge where the deep and shallow water meet. Is there no way around that?
  6. Water tiles

Hey all. This is probably something easy to fix, but which I still don't understand. How do I snap the deep water tile on to the Water Sand tile? When I try to do this, all it does is create a Water Meadow tile in the middle of the others. For example: When you use the Water A meadow...
  7. Help with combining Icon Sets?

Oh yeah, I'm sure there are, it's definitely me. Such editing programs just doesn't click for me
  8. Help with combining Icon Sets?

GIMP, at the moment. I don't even know how to do something, probably as simple, as aligning the pictures and saving them as one. Only thing I can handle is the transparency
  9. Help with combining Icon Sets?

And then what? to actually combine them. I have no idea what I'm doing when dealing with these softwares. I'm just too stupid to get it
  10. Sun Carrot

This looks really cool! I love the contrast between the different styles for the characters
  11. [solved] Relate battle char animation/weapon to a skill (sideview battle)

Ohh, my bad. I installed them almost right away. Hahah
  12. [solved] Relate battle char animation/weapon to a skill (sideview battle)

I am new to rpg maker myself, but maybe I can help. Have you used Yanfly's action sequence that detects what kind of weapon the user has and uses the animation accordingly for the regular Attack? I had, and I found that it clashed with my other special ability that used the same sequence. Maybe...
  13. Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Hey guys, sorry of this has been answered/is a noob question. Ok, so I have an item that my character finds at some point. The item is a gun that teaches him a Special ability to fire it in combat. Note an item, not a weapon. His weapon is a cane to begin with. How would I set it up so that it...
  14. Weapons and animations in combat

Hey, I actually found some really useful posts there, thanks a lot!
  15. Weapons and animations in combat

Yeah he's got it equiped. Prior to the skill? Nnoo, at the moment it only works with his regular attack. Ok so here are some screenshots, if you need more, let me know.
  16. Weapons and animations in combat

Hey guys. First of all, I am a complete noob when it comes to rpg maker. MV is the first software I am getting into to create games with. Now on to my issue, I'll try and keep it short. I have created a Special ability that my character learns at level 2, but I can't get him to use his primary...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.
This was originally made for a "castle" challenge, but we just decided to keep it for our actual game :)

1632415929108.png
Would a simple item rarity plugin be useful to someone? Basically, you would set notetag to an item to set its rarity and it would change the text colour of the item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Petue