Search results

1. WidgetKitty

RMMV Minigame Concepts!!

Hmm, I haven't seen Alundra before, just looked up some maps and they're similar to my dungeon designs, yeah. All the assets in this one are from the game or recolours I did. I think the only original stuff I made here is the spinning gears and wheeled chests Ah, you're right, I should have...
  2. WidgetKitty

RMMV Minigame Concepts!!

Oh thanks a lot! They will all have difficulty levels once the demo is ready, they just need a bit more work when I can get to it Aye yeah, usually I don't care for minigames much either, wanted to make sure mine have a lot of movement and action, though the funhouse is really just a...
  3. WidgetKitty

RMMV Dungeons & Cutscenes Videos & Item Tests

Oh thank you so much! All this really comes from years and years of trial and error, and luckily RPG Maker hasn't changed a whole lot over time. The event flows start to stick in your head after a while, and it gets much easier to build puzzles and systems like this - you'll get there, just...
  4. WidgetKitty

BFMA Soundtrack (40+ Songs) Looking for Reviews

Definitely agree on the theme, I was afraid to put it first, it's one of the more unfinished ones. It's a bit further down now - you're right that the bass needs to be toned down, maybe switched, especially the part in the melody. I lot of these could have better instruments, while others work...
  5. WidgetKitty

I just started a Soundcloud account and uploaded everything, the music should pay fine now. Two more dungeons tunes - ice caves and dark or swampy areas:
  6. WidgetKitty

Ah OK, I was seeing that same issue, usually after playing 7-8 songs, and refreshing would fix it. I made all the titles into direct links in case the embedded ones don't work. Thank you so much! I know writing music is very hard, most of these songs are not new at all, but developed over years...
  7. WidgetKitty

Two extras I'll throw on here, to make sure these things are actually playing. First is a more intense version of the regular battle music, used for later chapters and special battles, second is the mine version of the cave music, with much more of a beat. Are these imbedding right for anyone...
  8. WidgetKitty

Post Your Music

Hello guys - I made a post in this forum of my game's whole soundtrack, but have only been told they aren't working. I tried to fix it but have no idea if it's working for anyone else. Here's one song, my battle music, does it play imbedded like this? Works for me, anyway If it does work, the...
  9. WidgetKitty

I just updated permissions, they may work now. They play fine for me, but I won't know if they do for anyone else until they say so. Can anyone else listen to the songs?
  10. WidgetKitty

EDIT: Everything's been changed to Soundcloud, should all play fine now. Hello everyone! I've been pouring a lot of effort into my game's soundtrack over the last year, but very few people have heard any of it. Big Friggin' Magical Adventure's music is geared to match the cute and whimsical...
  11. WidgetKitty

Great! Glad it looks a lot better, and thanks for the feedback. It helps a lot to get the game looking and feeling right before I get too far along. So, here is another dungeon for anyone to have a look at. I made the final, 50th dungeon of the 4th questline, to make sure I can do everything I...
  12. WidgetKitty

I cleaned this dungeon up a little, changed the walls to red and brown to make it easier to differentiate - at least for the demo, before I overhaul the graphics altogether. Looks a bit better I think?
  13. WidgetKitty

Aye yeah I get that - it's been a major frustration since the start, finding tiles and walls that match up with the way I build maps. This really is just a beta for now, I'm making about 20% of the game to be sure all my plans will work. Drawing the tilesets will be next, once I'm sure...
  14. WidgetKitty

Oh good, cause I had to put a lot into making those trains, and they're central to a few quests. So it is just too many items around, too harsh of colours and such? I'll be remaking all the graphics eventually, maybe something more subtle would look better?
  15. WidgetKitty

Thank you! So, was the movement of the trains distracting, or there's just too many track bridges all over?
  16. WidgetKitty

Hey guys, I just finished the 20th "Loot Dungeon" for my game, and decided to make a vid since it's the biggest and most complicated so far - wondering if I could get some opinions. The video shows off a bunch of new things. First a railway system I made for the world map, with a few freight...
  17. WidgetKitty

RMMV Big Friggin' Magical Adventure

Think I have all my world maps (mostly) finalized, and just added a railway system that travels through the main provinces. Here is all seven maps on one screen, until I remake the tilesets:
  18. WidgetKitty

Turning on Player Stepping Animation

Ooooooh dangit. No I'm using MV, but had my screen very dim when I made this thread, thought I was already in the right section. Not sure if I can move it or delete it, but the problem is solved anyway
  19. WidgetKitty

These appear to set things up so a player animates constantly through a code in their notebox; I need something that will turn the stepping on for a few seconds and back off, via event Yeah, that's what's boggling my mind - I even made a simple player touch event with a move route to turn...
  20. WidgetKitty

So I just finished making "victory" and "scared" poses for my PCs, and planned to have them animate for a moment via events on maps. But for some reason I CANNOT get the players' stepping animation to turn on! I have tried doing it through move routes and script calls, looked up info on this...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkfantacy55