Search results

1. Can you change the ADV message box buttons? / Title screen button error

I've been trying to change my game's message box to the ADV style one, to take advantage of the buttons on the side for saving/loading etc. All the buttons work as expected except for the title screen button, for some reason instead of taking me to the main menu I made it takes me to a default...
  2. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

People that've been trying the mac version of my game are getting this gray screen error where the game doesn't load and instead shows the window as "NW.JS" I've attached a screenshot of it. The windows and web versions work fine, it's only the mac version that has this issue. Does anyone know...
  3. Web Version of Games doesn't work on Microsoft Edge?

I've gotten some complaints about a web version of my vn on newgrounds not loading in certain browsers or getting stuck in textboxes, specifically Microsoft Edge. When I tell them to switch to Chrome the issues go away but is there any way for the games to not have issues in these other browsers?
  4. Character names sometimes don't appear

I've noticed that in certain instances that character's names don't appear in the textboxes. For reference, the common event I've been using to show the message box is identical to the default one, except for switching out the image for a semi transparent gray rectangle and changing the name...
  5. Skip button stops working in web version?

As far as I can tell, the default skip button is assigned to the ctrl key and it works on all versions except for the web version. Is there any way to enable the skip function in the web version? Either with the ctrl key or another way?
  6. Is randomizing scenes/events possible?

Wanted to ask if there's a way to have a random chance of choosing between several choice branches. Example: I wanted to have a thing where the player can walk into a location and have a random chance of finding different characters there. So, would it be possible to have something like an...
  7. Is there a way to lock main menu options at the start and have them unlock through game progress?

I know the CG gallery has options to have images locked then unlock them through actions in game but I wanted to ask if there was a way to do something similar with menu buttons on the main screen. Examples: The whole CG gallery locked until reaching a certain point, or having an "Extra mode"...
  8. Web version doesn't work on Newgrounds?

I tried exporting a web version and posting it to newgrounds but the game doesn't work when it's published and just shows a white screen with "403 forbidden" (Note the game does work on preview, but making the game public causes the error) Wanted to know if anyone here is aware of the cause of...
  9. How to disable/change the ctrl key to skip

Is there any way to disable or change the "hold ctrl key" to skip through the game? I went into common events for "toggle skip" "toggle log" and "toggle auto message" and tried editing them but that didn't impact it and I don't see anything else that sounds like it'd effect it. Does anywhere...
  10. Any way to disable right click menu on title screen?

Right now I'm trying to disable the right click menu for a demo. I've figured out how to disable the right click in game by removing, this line of code { "type": "ui.Panel", "frame": [0, 0, Graphics.width, Graphics.height], "updateBehavior": "continuous"...
  11. How to make "shake screen" work?

Trying to have the screen shake to show scenes of extreme emotion etc, but the function labeled "shake screen" doesn't seem to do anything on testing. I tried adjusting the variables but no matter how large or small I make them nothing seems to happen. This doesn't seem to impair other aspects...
  12. Image map + Show movie (Movie doesn't show?)

Trying to make a gallery for animations right now by using Image map and show movie. Have a bar on the bottom with 3 buttons and a transparent area above it incase the movie appears on a lower layer. (Movie is supposed to display in the black area of the screenshot shown) However the movie...
  13. Game Package Black Screen / Project Folder question

Right now I'm trying to create a game package but whenever I open the game it's a black screen and nothing happens, I can't click on anything, no sound etc. I've attached a reference image below, it stays like this no matter what. I tried following the instructions listed in this thread...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmelade