Search results

1. Trihan

I'm sure it would be useful to someone. As ATT_Turan said, you can do things like this using...

I'm sure it would be useful to someone. As ATT_Turan said, you can do things like this using escape codes, but some people just want to shove in a plugin that does the legwork for them.
  2. Trihan

The official VisuStella notetag help thread

Because the multiplier is decimal, not actual percentage. 1 is 100%. 0.5 would be 50%, 0.25 25% etc.
  3. Trihan

How to make a weapon that can damage the user

Can you describe how the devil weapons from Fire Emblem work for the benefit of those who aren't familiar with them?
  4. Trihan

Usually when one of the notetags supports the "user" variable it specifically says so, so my first thought would be that it isn't available here. If you look at the variables in the parameter settings, they use "this" as the reference for the battler, so try this.mat
  5. Trihan

Ahh, I'm with you now. What do you mean by "breaks the actors"? That code works fine on my end. I know what you mean now about the multipliers as well, I remember someone else experienced that. If it's not happening any more then great, if you get it again I'd submit a bug report.
  6. Trihan

It does not, because the array only contains enough elements for the base parameters. However, you *can* add bonus param properties for xparams and sparams in the plugin parameters for Core Engine (this is not a standard feature of the VS plugins; you need to create your own property in the JS...
  7. Trihan

The reason for this becomes apparent if you look at the properties for Game_BattlerBase: def: { get: function() { return this.param(3); }, configurable: true }, The shorthand identifiers for attributes: atk, def, mat etc. only return the result of the...
  8. Trihan

Sorry bud, since this thread is just for assistance with the VisuStella suite that's probably beyond my scope of operation.
  9. Trihan

Which plugin are you using for that?
  10. Trihan

@Kumo6752 if (target._jumpTurns <= 0) { const skill = 277; const target = -2; user.forceAction(skill, target); BattleManager.forceAction(user); } That's the code for my state that activates Jump; you call forceAction on the user passing in the skill ID and target (-2 for...
  11. Trihan

After having a think about it, I've resolved to check this topic daily whether I get a notification or not. Can I ask that other people stop answering the questions? It just messes up my list of what's being asked and what's been answered and I lose track of what has and hasn't been dealt with...
  12. Trihan

1. Yeah, you can do that. There's a script call to get the category of a state, so if you give all your absorption barrier states the same category, you can branch based on that. 2. You call the forceAction function on the battler, then BattleManager.forceAction. I'll give you the code from my...
  13. Trihan

Does anyone still have questions that haven't been answered yet? It's been hard to keep up with everyone else helping (not saying that's a bad thing by any means, but it's a struggle to figure out which questions have been sorted and which ones haven't)
  14. Trihan

So basically how the Rick and Morty writers operate.

So basically how the Rick and Morty writers operate.
  15. Trihan

RMMZ [Solved] $dataMap showing up as 'null' inside a plugin

I am! It's nice to be recognised. XD I'll be starting that back up soon actually, now that the game jam's over.
  16. Trihan

What you would need to do is put that line into something like Game_Map.prototype.setup.
  17. Trihan

Of course that's going to break; with the plugin just being that line of code and nothing else, it will try to evaluate the line as soon as the plugin is loaded, since it's not part of a function or class. Plugins are loaded before the $data variables are initialised.
  18. Trihan

Can you show the stacktrace of the console when the error happens? (When you get that big yellow message, hit F8 and copy *that*. It'll be way more informative to us about where the error is and what's causing it)
  19. Trihan

RMMZ Help with JSON and JavaScript

Javascript can do hashmaps by default; it's basically an array where the keys are strings/objects rather than indexes.
  20. Trihan

RMMV Spellzone

Self-referencial I is always capitalised. Every time, without exception. There is nothing in English grammar that provides a case where this is not so.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh boi!! Nikki angst!!

Not sure what to call the shrooms, but they eat you up inside for a week, and then they leave you with suicidal thoughts or something. I'm not sure yet.
Turns out our homegirl got an accidental whiff of em. :kaosigh:
Just released a new trailer for Manafinder! It's the TGS trailer! :D I'm very happy with the result!
sooo... im gonna go ahead and release all my game ideas on android as Beta. Everyone will be nice right? cause its Beta... right?...

AABS traps and heals (detail is below the YTB desc)
 I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moss-eater