Search results

1. RCXDan

RMMV Favourite Classes in RPGs

@link12 I like muscle wizards like Spellblades and Monks that can use magic to buff their martial arts. This muscle wizard philosophy also applies to Clerics too, because I greatly appreciate healers that can do more than just heal. I also like Thieves/Rogues, provided they have more up their...
  2. RCXDan

@superkoopa it frankly looks insane, I can't imagine how much work this took

@superkoopa it frankly looks insane, I can't imagine how much work this took
  3. RCXDan

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I...

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map. Oh and it will work regardless of...
  4. RCXDan

Goddamn this looks gorgeous.

Goddamn this looks gorgeous.
  5. RCXDan

RMVXA My first game, a stealth game? A bit lost here.

@Zeran Well, this is very convenient - I was just testing stealth in my own game the other day or so. So in terms of scripts for this kind of thing: Khas's Awesome Lighting Effects is a very powerful lighting script for VX Ace - it's also free to use unlike the MV version. Yanfly Event Chase...
  6. RCXDan

@Razelle This is my number one reason for making games tbh. I love being inspired by other...

@Razelle This is my number one reason for making games tbh. I love being inspired by other people's stories even if they never finish. That way when I make my own version of [×] I can probably do it justice :kaoluv:
  7. RCXDan

I mean @spillycup @ImaginaryVillain the fact y'all made something functional in 30 days should...

I mean @spillycup @ImaginaryVillain the fact y'all made something functional in 30 days should be inspiring. I know I definitely find it amazing.
  8. RCXDan

@watermark I only have this clip as a response

@watermark I only have this clip as a response
  9. RCXDan

Oh wait @spillycup , Space Idol Coliseum is your game? I was planning on playing it soon.

Oh wait @spillycup , Space Idol Coliseum is your game? I was planning on playing it soon.
  10. RCXDan

What are some elements of your game (plot, gameplay, etc) that you've cut out, and why?

Due to my "focus on the important things" philosophy I actively do this kind of thing even throughout versions of an existing game. Literally anything that impedes my ideal atmosphere of the game goes out the window even if I think it's a cool idea because I know I have more opportunities to use...
  11. RCXDan

Himeworks Inventory Core + Dynamic Item Stack bug

@kyonides I should mention that none of the scripts I normally use have clashed with these two. I tested it... but even in a new project, with just Inventory Core and Item Stack+Dynamic Item Stack it still doesn't work properly. If it's too complicated to work with, I'll understand.
  12. RCXDan

Himeworks Inventory Core + Dynamic Item Stack bug

So I've recently been baffled by how Himeworks's Inventory Core and Dynamic Item Stack don't seem to play well together. The problem: Basically if I put Item Stack + Dynamic Item Stack (allows you to expand stack limits while the game is running) under Inventory Core, it doesn't... work...
  13. RCXDan

Yes. :LZScheeze:

Yes. :LZScheeze:
  14. RCXDan

You have a lovely style. :kaoluv:

You have a lovely style. :kaoluv:
  15. RCXDan

Keeping Magic and Skills Relevant

@overlordmikey My answer to this would be to: Have different skills accomplish different things, as opposed to having a skill that is just the same thing but stronger... made much worse if the older spell is still available to use but it costs less MP to use. Not only is there more clutter in...
  16. RCXDan

RMMZ Bookmarked (Modern RPG) [Touch the Stars Entry]

No problem. :LZScheeze:
  17. RCXDan

Item/MP Hoarding Prevention

I used Himeworks's Item Stack and Shop Stock scripts for VX Ace. I wouldn't know if MV has something similar unfortunately. :kaocry:
  18. RCXDan

Item/MP Hoarding Prevention

Ooooh baby. I was kinda waiting for this one. So - my games have natural, permanent MP regeneration for lore purposes but also because I feel it gives far more freedom to play around and experiment with the skills, as well as prevent hopeless "checkmate" situations. You know, where you're...
  19. RCXDan

RMMZ Bookmarked (Modern RPG) [Touch the Stars Entry]

@Aldu Hello there! I made an extensive review of the game :kaopride:
  20. RCXDan

Yeah that was a big reason I took to reviewing as many entries as I can even if I'm not an...

Yeah that was a big reason I took to reviewing as many entries as I can even if I'm not an official judge of any kind. To help as many people as possible. Game jams can be a chance to see how our principles work in action without the inevitable burnout of a full length game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pro tip to anyone looking for advice based on existing game mechanics: a lot of people reading your request won't have played the games you're talking about. Always assume your readers won't have, and explain what the mechanic actually *does* rather than just name-dropping the game. I see this a lot.
 …So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velocistar