Search results

1. Sepheyer

RMMV Adding data to save files

Here is a similar question that @caethyril gave a great response to: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/solved-how-to-save-js-variables.140739/ But, it requires coding, sooo might be useful if you rule out all other options.
  2. Sepheyer

RMMV Interpreter's wait method within custom function

@caethyril your post with the interpreter commands and their human alternatives turned out to be a lifesaver. It answered a question I didn't even know I was going to have :)
  3. Sepheyer

RMMZ [Solved] How to save JS variables?

@caethyril THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
  4. Sepheyer

RMMZ [Solved] How to save JS variables?

Let's say my NPCs are an array of objects. This way I create a living world: when the player enters a map, the game checks which NPCs are currently in that map and spawns character-events to illustrate these NPCs. But, the real data for all NPCs, including those that are active off the map, is...
  5. Sepheyer

RMMV Interpreter's wait method within custom function

@Soulrender Very good question. I really hope to see responses from the folks experienced with the architecture on either the solution or the next best workaround.
  6. Sepheyer

RMMZ I use Javascript to set up screen tint. How do I add a duration?

@dm604 Looks like you have a solid programming background, so RPGM's JS is all about figuring out patterns and best practices to minimize eventual maintenance. Q: Or is it to create a new property called .glb under the window object and give it an empty object? A: Yes. You basically allocate a...
  7. Sepheyer

@dm604 Using RPGM's variables inside script calls might become burdensome maintenance-wise. For example, if you change the red tint color from variable 213 to 1001 then you have to change every single script where that variable is mentioned. But there is a better way. First, you run an...
  8. Sepheyer

That "1" that you have in the very end is the duration parameter. The function goes like this: let rgbg = [200,0,0,0] let duration = 300 // the tint will take 300 frames to set in $gameScreen.startTint( rgbg, duration )
  9. Sepheyer

RMMZ [Solved] If I create an event using JS, how do I add a sprite to the event?

Turns out the plugin code I was studying had errors in how plugins clone event id. The original sprite creation method works fine once I eliminated the ID errors. Sorry, turns out the error was elsewhere.
  10. Sepheyer

RMMZ [Solved] If I create an event using JS, how do I add a sprite to the event?

@Synrec indeed, I did create the copy of the event -- it works, blocks the way, and talks like the original event. Still, I might be getting closer. I.e. the following changes the image on the original character, but for some reason the cloned event is still elusively giving all kinds of...
  11. Sepheyer

@Synrec I've been tinkering with it, but gives me an error that I am trying to troubleshoot.
  12. Sepheyer

I am suspecting this might do it: var sprite = new Sprite_Character(new_event); SceneManager._scene._spriteset._characterSprites.push(sprite); SceneManager._scene._spriteset._tilemap.addChild(sprite);
  13. Sepheyer

@ATT_Turan, I hope to make a sandbox game, with sayyy 500 NPCs commuting between multiple maps preserving their stats, names, etc. This is very easy to accomplish using JS backend with a mere array of NPC objects. But for me such task is absolutely impossible using the built-in editor. I have...
  14. Sepheyer

I copied an event from one cell to another cell using JS. (Screenshots are inside the spoiler tag.) How can I add/change the event's image for the cloned event? Thank you.
  15. Sepheyer

RMMZ [Solved] $dataMap showing up as 'null' inside a plugin

@Trihan oh, you are the god who gave us "Jump into Javascript"? Awwww!!!!!!
  16. Sepheyer

@Trihan, thank you, this nailed it: "Plugins are loaded before the $data variables are initialised." The F8 showing $dataMap's components was throwing me off.
  17. Sepheyer

@Trihan, of course. I attached two items: screenshot of the call stack and the "plugin" itself.
  18. Sepheyer

@ATT_Turan indeed, my proof is console showing the $dataMap is already initialized -- per screenshot. You can even see the event queue there, the length of which I am requesting. And yet, when I am referring to $dataMap right after I call "console.log(top)" I get a null. Absolutely beyond my...
  19. Sepheyer

@r66r thank you, but it is a bit different. So, $dataMap is what the world is, and $gameMap is how $dataMap changes during the gameplay. I need events from $dataMap, but the whole thing is strangely null.
  20. Sepheyer

I am trying to see how many events I have from inside a plugin. Yet, the code errors out saying I am accessing a null. console.log($dataMap.events.length) However when I ran a console and examine $dataMap (via console.log(top)) it clearly shows that this object is not null. Could anyone...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!
Big Google Warning Today for chrome users - apparently some kind of security threat has happened and everyone is being advised to update their Chrome browser ASAP by going to settings and/or "About Google Chrome", to update their browser version to a new one just released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skull8