Search results

1. Mithran

Text Cache

Fixed the empty character issue. 'key' is now assigned earlier in the method.
  2. Mithran

Hidden Game.exe Crash Debugger - Graphical Object Global Reference ACE

Do you have any other logs?  It looks like just a single Sprite_Afterimage from the script "Visual Effect" is throwing the error.  It is more than likely either being failed to be cleaned up when the scene closes or double created due to a conflict with one of your the scripts overwriting...
  3. Mithran

Maybe not ever for you, but sometime, for someone, yes, it will crash.  Anything flagged as a critical issue (outside of the very few false positive cases caused by improper script structure) will be a problem to someone playing, even if it isn't to you right now.  The crashes are generally very...
  4. Mithran

I don't.  I very much doubt this is the same issue, since the symptoms are different and they don't even run off the same base language.
  5. Mithran

@J_C The main reason people "don't complain" is because the error is intermittent and random, so not everyone experiences the crashes, and among those that do, not all of them know it is an easily related script error.  On top of that, it could be improper ordering or script conflicts...
  6. Mithran

I prefer to have both the log file and the complete project file in case I need to test something. Sometimes I can locate and fix stuff with just the log and scripts file (an omitted dispose on terminate is pretty obvious, but these have been less prevalent as this error becomes more known)...
  7. Mithran

Depending on the mouse script being used, that leak is most likely a false positive.  Most mouse scripts I know of simply create the cursor sprite in the global scope and always have it in memory between scenes, which is one of the things my script looks out for, as this is usually a mistake...
  8. Mithran

Echoes of Aetheria

Thanks everyone :) The save folder is the same for the full version as in the demo, and the saves are compatible.  Should be as simple as loading the game and loading your previous save.  
  9. Mithran

Echoes of Aetheria

Thanks everyone for your support! We definitely spent a lot of time and resources on our battle system, scripted from the ground up by myself and using assets from several talented artists that really bring it to life. Targeting is done on a grid formation, but most skills available targets will...
  10. Mithran

Echoes of Aetheria

Hey everyone! For those of you that have been wondering what has been taking up most of my time for the past 18 months, here it is! 1.5 years in the making, this is our biggest and best RPG by a long shot, starting small and whimsical and growing into a massive campaign. The best of old meets...
  11. Mithran

"Unexpected File Format" Anyone help?

Do you have any backups at all?
  12. Mithran

Sixth sums it up nicely. Part of the reason this script may seem difficult or confusing to use is that the error being caused is, for the most part, because a line of code is missing, rather than a line of code being incorrect. The script can't find out where the missing line is, because it...
  13. Mithran

Sleek Gauges

Vlue appears to be currently inactive so I'll drop this here. The text cache interaction issue is due to the bar text overlays overdrawing by two pixels when the bar is less than 96 pixels in width and is only noticeable under certain fonts. The fix is really simple, find this line near the...
  14. Mithran

Text Cache

Its the gauges script. When it draws numbers to an area of less than 96 pixels, it overdraws the right edge by two pixels. The area it clears out before subsequent draws is two pixels smaller than the area it draws to. It is in the draw_text method, at the very bottom of the script: def...
  15. Mithran

Text Cache

@ZServ - Actually, thats not the purpose of that line. Its not exactly intuitive written like that, even with the comments, so I'll explain here VX Ace draw text command has the unfortunate design flaw of invoking the squeeze algorithm if the text will fit exactly in the space drawn. In...
  16. Mithran

Text Cache

Yes, like that. Make sure you take it out before you release the game. The line is just there so the console will display the arguments passed in, so if you happen to get another crash you can check the console and see exactly what the last arguments passed were.
  17. Mithran

Text Cache

@dax - Your version has a different line number than the most recent one I am looking at. Are you using an older version? Whats happening here is that a nil height argument is getting passed. This line is the first one in the draw text that checks height argument. You might get a different...
  18. Mithran

Script Call Equivalents of Events Doc

Thanks for the reference list. I'm going to tag this as RGSS3 and move it over to Learning Ruby and RGSSx as it is a better fit.
  19. Mithran

How did you approach scripting when you first started?

I've moved this thread to Learning Ruby and RGSSx. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
  20. Mithran

The whole game is more helpful, but what I'm most interested in is MOG_Transition_EX and Light Effects, which are the two scripts being logged. The Scene_File stuff from the base scripts has not yet been shown to cause a hard crash (the crash for disposing a viewport then immediately disposing...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.
Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouage