Search results

1. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV Yanfly AutoPassiveState: Effect plays once when TP is maxed?

So a little while ago I devised a simple system using Yanfly's BuffStateCore, StateCategories, and AutoPassiveState where anytime a character's TP reaches the maximum 100, that character recovers from various status ailments and a small animation plays to indicate that TP is now maxed. With...
  2. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV System with no levels but stats are enhanced randomly?

I am wondering if anyone has yet made a particular battle system for MV (or alternately, VX Ace) where there are no experience, no levels, but stats may increase at the end of a battle based on certain criteria or RNG. I think the best real-game example I can give is Chrono Cross to an extent...
  3. HiddenAlchemist

[MV] Generator template based on the DLC "3_Actor"

Resource Type: Character template generator part, but a regular naked template is fine too. Maker Format: MV Art Style: Default MV graphical style, but specifically with the same height as the DLC "3_Actor" sprites. Description: In the DLC folder that comes with the Steam release of MV, you...
  4. HiddenAlchemist

Is there a trick to doing this with tiles in the map editor?

In one of the sample maps provided in MV, I noticed that shop's walls are not 'attached' to the barrier surrounding the market. The shop's corners are clearly defined: But when I try to add walls, they become connected to the barrier, as this example shows: It looks very unnatural that...
  5. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV Yanfly Battle Core: Adjust Home Position X to be left diagonal?

I'm sorry for the confusing title, but I hope the thread will explain what I mean better. I've actually been making backview SV battlers to fit a more isometric-styled view. In the default actor lineup in battles, the row is right diagonal (↘). But the style of battlers I'm making are intended...
  6. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV Plugin that hides skill types when actor doesn't know those skills?

For context: I've been working on a game that has three skill types: Feats for physical skills, Miracles for magic-based skills, and Gambits for desperation-type skills. Though only Feats and Miracles can be voluntarily taught. This game uses Yanfly's Attachable Augments plugin to equip...
  7. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV [Solved] Mog's Battle Hud: In what instance does this face appear?

Edit: Actually nevermind, I have figured it out myself. The third frame is an attacking animation that only shows when the zoom-in parameter is enabled, and I normally prefer to have that off. Feel free to close this thread then. Mog's Battle Hud plugin has a few setups that displays a...
  8. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV Script call for a conditional branch that checks for items in the inventory?

I'll be referencing a plugin in this thread, but for all intents and purposes, this is chiefly a script call question. Though please do move this if it's otherwise in the wrong section. I have tried looking through the MV script call spreadsheet and cannot find anything on this. In short: What...
  9. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV YEP_MessageCore: Is there a way to completely remove the font outline?

Is there any way, through another plugin or something else, that can completely remove the font outline when using Yanfly's Message Core? Although you can reduce the outline to 0 in plugin parameters, there is still a very faint outline there. It looks pretty bad with bitmap fonts in particular...
  10. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV Mjshi's BattlePortrait plugin not working even when turned on

I've been trying to test out Mjshi's BattlePortrait plugin, which is supposed to display a character portrait in the bottom right corner. (Think Shining Force's perspective if anyone's familiar.) But even though I have turned the plugin on and have no other plugins interfering, it acts like it...
  11. HiddenAlchemist

[Mostly solved] Running game in browser results in crash

I would like to release an in-browser version of my short game, but I keep having difficulties with running its index. Depending on how I deploy my game, I can get one of two kinds of error messages. If I choose to encrypt my images and audio files, which is what I do when I release my game...
  12. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV Help with modifying MogHunter's SceneMenu (Edit: Solved)

Edit: Someone on Discord helped me and it now works correctly. First off, I apologize if this is the wrong board. I was not sure if it would better fit in JS support or requests. I've been trying to modify MogHunter's SceneMenu plugin for MV. And although I've got half of what I want to work...
  13. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV The YEP Load Custom Fonts plugin refuses to work

Hello, I am having another issue, this time with trying to get a plugin to work that should otherwise be painless. I've been trying to use the YEP Load Custom Fonts plugin, which allows the game to load fonts stored in the game's /fonts folder without having to edit the GameFont.css or requiring...
  14. HiddenAlchemist

How do I remove these shadows from the window outline?

Hello everyone. I am working on a game with an 8-bit, minimalistic look to it (going for a Gameboy look). I've made these pure white text windows, but I've noticed there are these shadows around the outlines. I use the Yanfly Message Core and extension pack, but as far as I can tell there...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D
So Facebook fraudulently took money from me. They even went through my PayPal accounts to find a card that had the money on it. Thinking about deleting my Facebook account because this doesn't happen on twitter, not even close.
Today the 2nd part of the RPGMakergame "A Thief's voyage" came out.

Go show DutchPowerCreations some love.
love it when you forget to put a certain thing in the movement route and suddenly a character starts spinning at 10000 rpm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWildSlicerx