Search results

1. Joewoof

RMMV The Singing Scar - Unique 15-hour RPG in a rich multiverse

You need Eve’s Misery or items called Corrosive Acid. Ruins in Escaria give clues to find Misery. Here’s a quick guide if you can’t find either.
  2. Joewoof

The Zarken Defender has very high Defense, so you need to find a way to reduce it before you get knocked out of the battle. If you don't have Defense-reducing items/weapons yet, you need to go find them elsewhere first. Or maybe, you already have a few.
  3. Joewoof

Recover MP whenever you kill any enemy in a battle.

If it's not working, try displaying a message to see if the conditions are activated or not.
  4. Joewoof

Control Variables → Game Data → Enemy → HP Then, use a Conditional Branch to compare the value to zero. And yes, you have to go through every enemy, but only check the one that has a matching state.
  5. Joewoof

You can do this without relying on Yanfly. First, have the skill apply a state to the enemy you hit. Also apply immortality (resist knockout). Then, have the skill also activate a common event. Make sure this is ordered after the states. Next, in the common event, check all enemies that are...
  6. Joewoof

Single-Target, 1-turn buffs: is it ever good to design these?

From my experience, the average player ignores buffs in general, regardless of their impact on the game. Sure, veterans like us might see their benefit very clearly when the damage numbers rise a great deal, but you cannot assume that most people are veteran strategists. Don't forget that a lot...
  7. Joewoof

What happened to your boat? Did you enter a town directly from it? From the water? If so, just enter the town, exit, then press confirm to enter the boat. That’s it.
  8. Joewoof

You might be much further in the game than I thought. Do you remember the last thing you fought? What characters do you have in your party? Have you met Musoo yet?
  9. Joewoof

That makes no sense. Your first vehicle is the boat, not the helicopter. Just ride it to the island to the East, that's it!
  10. Joewoof

I'm surprised a few people still remember! It's been almost 2 decades.
  11. Joewoof

The boat is not in a town. The boat is on the world map, South of the Myssia, the town where Lilli joined you. It's right there, you can't miss it. That is, unless you rode the boat somewhere else and forgot about it.
  12. Joewoof

Are we talking about the same thing? You just to walk to the boat and ride it. Can you take a screenshot of where you are?
  13. Joewoof

It's near the first town.
  14. Joewoof

The crater ruins is to the East of the overgrown town with the plants. You need to take the boat there. It works like a town. Try entering the island to the East with the crater in the middle.
  15. Joewoof

You need to have Omnicron (the robot) rejoin you, then take him to the crater ruins to the East. Look around there.
  16. Joewoof

It was a long time ago (17 years, in fact!), and I don't think it's worth it. There's not much story in the original, and the reason why it was memorable was because of its ambitious nature. Back then, with PSX RPGMaker, there were barely any games that constructed its own battle system using...
  17. Joewoof

TRAILER: DOWNLOAD: https://dawit.itch.io/the-singing-scar An RPG where every little detail matters. Attack the wrong foes, and you will be struck back. Miss a detail, and the lore will remain cryptic. Overlook a strategy, and the boss will kill you. Meticulously crafted for the most...
  18. Joewoof

Selling DRM Free?

Websites like Desura and GOG sell their games DRM-free. Should I be worried about piracy if I distribute with them? As a small developer, I think obscurity is more dangerous than piracy, and if the game gets famous, it's going to be pirated anyway. Still, just want to hear some opinions...
  19. Joewoof

People like this...

Undertale being such a phenomenon is actually good for RPG Maker games without actually being one. I'm sure it made quite a number of skeptical converts regardless. Speaking of coding from scratch, I ran across an RPG on Greenlight the other day that is coded from scratch, but uses...
  20. Joewoof

People like this...

Seems like every serious RPGM developer goes through something like this on Steam at one point or the other. I've been told to ignore hate comments, and it's really the best way.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebro227