Search results

1. AphoticAmaranth

RMMV Are Casting Animations Possible?

There's already a plugin that can do that http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Skill_Core_(YEP) In the notetags, write <Custom Execution> user.startAnimation(n); //replace 'n' with the ID of the animation </Custom Execution>
  2. AphoticAmaranth

My RPG Maker game was noticed by a company!!

They likely "made" $150m by scamming others like you.
  3. AphoticAmaranth

Reusing assets in different games? And a little recap of my RPG game development history >.<

The thing about MMOs is that many of them are low effort cash grabs in which their 'new content' is recoloured enemies and gear with higher stats which barely add anything new to the game. If you're making a sequel that's different; you're making a whole new game. If anything, I'd expect to see...
  4. AphoticAmaranth

Does anyone here like Action Commands?

I'm not a fan of it. If I wanted to play an action game, I'd play an action game and not an RPG.
  5. AphoticAmaranth

It was the battle test from the database editor causing an "Unable to read file...

It was the battle test from the database editor causing an "Unable to read file game.rpgproject." error. I did some searching and found this thread, and managed to replace the game.rpgproject file, but then started getting similar messages about the database/map files... good thing I backed up a...
  6. AphoticAmaranth

Sadly it was a couple of the json files themselves that were broken :(

Sadly it was a couple of the json files themselves that were broken :(
  7. AphoticAmaranth

Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and...

Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
  8. AphoticAmaranth

RMMV Agility Class Names

Ninja or Assassin?
  9. AphoticAmaranth

How do I....handle a game deployment properly?

Congratulations! :kaojoy: On the topic of disregarding files, I wouldn't recommend using the "exclude unused files" option if you use plugins, because the game might exclude files that are not used directly and only used via plugins. An easier way to send people your game would be to upload it...
  10. AphoticAmaranth

RMMV Ignore/skip target confirmation for self (Edit- Yanfly plugin setting?)

It does ignore / skip the target confirmation by default. I'm guessing a plugin (probably YEP_BattleCore, if you use that) is changing it.
  11. AphoticAmaranth

Questions About Party Size

If you want to use many party members at once, I think an SRPG might be more suitable.
  12. AphoticAmaranth

Classless vs Multiclass vs Class Progression Systems

Lately I've been favouring a classless system, because it makes more sense from a narrative standpoint. Kinda makes no sense to learn all sorts of magical spells, then suddenly forget how to use any of them because you decided to pick up a sword and call yourself a warrior.
  13. AphoticAmaranth

What drives you to make a game? If it's free, what's the point? If you charge for it, why?

I've always liked playing games since young. Figured I could make one myself, so here I am now. I like making things that I like. What is the point of anything? My first few games probably aren't the best. Besides, even with free games, people can still donate if they want to. And even with...
  14. AphoticAmaranth

I see absolutely no way that this could go horribly wrong :kaoswt2:

I see absolutely no way that this could go horribly wrong :kaoswt2:
  15. AphoticAmaranth

If no one cares about your game does it make sense to keep making it?

Then keep trying and improving. Learn from your mistakes. Figure out why exactly people aren't interested, and how you can rectify that.
  16. AphoticAmaranth

If no one cares about your game does it make sense to keep making it?

Even if no one cares, you're getting experience from making it, which will help you with making future games. No one makes a masterpiece on their first attempt.
  17. AphoticAmaranth

Class skills help

I'd say focus on quality rather than quantity. Better to have a few well thought out skills than hundreds of generic skills which do the same thing and only exist to meet arbitrary quotas.
  18. AphoticAmaranth

RMMV Develop a FREE non-profit game based on a Movie/TV-Show?

Even if you're not making profits, there are other reasons why an IP holder might not want you to use their IP. Perhaps they do not want others to misrepresent the IP, or for the free alternative to divert attention from their commercial products. That being said though, some IPs have do fan...
  19. AphoticAmaranth

Things in RPGs that annoy you.

The newer Fire Emblem games have an optional 'casual mode' without permadeath though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kekel