Search results

1. MarxMayhem

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
  2. MarxMayhem

Time Magic?

I think you already have a solid list. If you plan on giving players many party members, this will more than suffice.
  3. MarxMayhem

Time Magic?

The Undo abilities found in Bravely Second can be flavored as Time Magic as well. If you are using YEP, Yanfly has a Tips and Tricks video that show how you can replicate that effect. Other things you can flavor as Time Magic are the parameters accuracy and evasion, freezing time to either...
  4. MarxMayhem

I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke...

I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
  5. MarxMayhem

Databasing. Just with what I consider "bare minimum", I have listed over 200 skills. That's not...

Databasing. Just with what I consider "bare minimum", I have listed over 200 skills. That's not all of it, and isn't even considering skills that only 1 class would realistically have. lol
  6. MarxMayhem

I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao

I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
  7. MarxMayhem

Zodiac & Elements?

You can use virtually anything you want. If your setting has lore that can support it, use it, or make a new one up if not yet. You don't have to imply that characters strictly only worship 2 deities. It could be that the society only permits enrollment in 2 schools maximum, or a person is only...
  8. MarxMayhem

Zodiac & Elements?

The thing about calendars is that those are used as a subsystem designed to keep track of time. Games that uses them well reward players for applying time management in playing. If your only purpose of using this system is to apply a bonus to characters, I would personally discard the birthday...
  9. MarxMayhem

I wanna make a class similar to Vampire classes of other RPGs, but I can't think of another name...

I wanna make a class similar to Vampire classes of other RPGs, but I can't think of another name for them. Why is "Vampire" so perfect lol [/rhetorical]
  10. MarxMayhem

Action sequences are far simpler to use than straight-up JavaScript. It's basically like...

Action sequences are far simpler to use than straight-up JavaScript. It's basically like text-based adventure games, for a lack of better analogy.
  11. MarxMayhem

With Action sequences, I can make the animation played when striking a target with a weapon to...

With Action sequences, I can make the animation played when striking a target with a weapon to appear on the user instead, allowing me to use animations for weapons instead of working with the default function. I just need to find out how to apply something similar for enemies...
  12. MarxMayhem

"I only need my fists. I don't need anything else." -some dead guy, probably

"I only need my fists. I don't need anything else." -some dead guy, probably
  13. MarxMayhem

RMMV How to Check if Actor has no Weapons Equipped?

Thanks y'all. I got it to work through what ATT_Turan said. Posting here for future seekers of knowledge: <Custom Passive Condition> condition = false; if (user.isActor()) { if (user.weapons().length == 0) { condition = true; } } </Custom Passive Condition>
  14. MarxMayhem

RMMV How to Check if Actor has no Weapons Equipped?

As title says. I'm making a Monk-class like that from the Bravely series, and I'm trying to make states that checks if a user has no weapon. I know how to check if they have a specific weapon type or armor type, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way of doing this, instead of making the...
  15. MarxMayhem

Finally Implemented a system that properly target's a defense stat when its damage type is changed

Finally Implemented a system that properly target's a defense stat when its damage type is changed
  16. MarxMayhem

Considerations for Players with Motion Sickness?

The context (right now, at least) is motion sickness. I even said that! lol But now that you and bishiba had mentioned it, that is something to think about, and thankfully I plan to release a demo out to get further feedback. I did this thread to see if there are things I can implement as early...
  17. MarxMayhem

Considerations for Players with Motion Sickness?

I'm unsure if this topic belongs here or in Game Mechanics, so I'll let mods move it to the proper place if so. I'm sure that we all reached that point in game making that we wanna make something as visually and audibly fascinating for our players. I have, specially since I alternate between...
  18. MarxMayhem

Limited Ability Slots vs All Known Abilities?

If this is the context, then limited skills all the way. For a good part of your game, you should allow your player to explore the many options they have in character selection. If wach character has a limited skill list, this will cause them to try out more characters and see possible synergies...
  19. MarxMayhem

Stats increasing on level up: pros and cons

My game uses the stat increase on level up mechanic, and I even have a table that tells me how much points does a base parameter has per level, regardless of the growth curve. I like it, because it's easy to understand, and even the simplest of players can understand "fight more = become...
  20. MarxMayhem

Does it matter if the story for my game is super cliche?

No amount of originality can substitute for competent writing. No one will care if it's cliché as long as it's done right.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwa1g