Search results

1. lesbrarians

Favorite YouTube Channels

I don't watch many Youtube channels, tbh -- the only one I really follow and watch all of his vids is John Wolfe. I love him because he plays horror games, but he's not like... an obnoxious screamer with exaggerated reactions or anything, he's very calm, with a great sense of humor, and I always...
  2. lesbrarians

How do you organize dialogue when writing?

I haven't really started writing my script -- I'm saving that for NaNoWriMo in November! But I do plan on using Twine (a tool for making interactive text games!) to keep it organized. I'm working on quite a long game with a relationship system, as well as a time system, which is going to require...
  3. lesbrarians

How did you obtain your username? What was your very first on the internet?

My very first username was embarrasing! Starfish_of_Terror, which then became Starfishy-chan. I used those on deviantArt and Gaia back in the early aughts. I then became jabberwockyx, which I chose because I loved Alice in Wonderland the jabberwocky poem (with the X as the roman number 10, a...
  4. lesbrarians

RMMZ Menu comand window

Oh, yes! Open up the plugin in a text editor and look for the line this._goldWindow.hide(); You can either delete that line, or put // in front of it. The gold window should reappear.
  5. lesbrarians

RMMZ Menu comand window

I'm glad to hear it! I'm not sure what you mean by the amount of gold left, can you elaborate? (And nothing to apologize for! Your english is a million times better than my russian! :D )
  6. lesbrarians

RMMZ Menu comand window

Try adding this to the plugin! (alias => { Scene_MenuBase.prototype.createBackground = function() { alias.apply(this, arguments); this._backgroundSprite.filters.shift(); }; })(Scene_MenuBase.prototype.createBackground); I believe that will remove the blur filter from...
  7. lesbrarians

RMMZ Menu comand window

So you just want to hide the status window and keep the command list and the gold window? Absolutely possible, yes! Try the code here. Just remove this._goldWindow.hide(); from the plugin if you want to keep the gold window.
  8. lesbrarians

Been in something of a creative slump lately thanks to a lot of stress at work and in my...

Been in something of a creative slump lately thanks to a lot of stress at work and in my personal life. Thinking I'll use the rest of the week to take a break from working on the project and recharge by playing a new game. Disco Elysium's been intriguing me for a while!
  9. lesbrarians

What are the absolute best stealth games?

Seconding Dishonored! I've played all three games as well as the DLC, and I adore them. Ghost/Clean Hands Corvo (never be spotted by anyone, never kill anyone) is very satisfying, although I've recently been enjoying trying out High Chaos/minimal stealth playthrus. I really enjoy all the...
  10. lesbrarians

How cool!! I look forward to seeing more of this, it gives me big Stardew Valley vibes! :kaoluv:

How cool!! I look forward to seeing more of this, it gives me big Stardew Valley vibes! :kaoluv:
  11. lesbrarians

Very cute!! Love how it looks with the Clock/Day/Year HUD. What's the journal option in the menu?

Very cute!! Love how it looks with the Clock/Day/Year HUD. What's the journal option in the menu?
  12. lesbrarians

RMMZ The Math Warrior - An Elementary Math Educational Game

I don't have any kids in my life to share this with, but just wanted to throw out a Good Job with this!! It reminds me of The Cluefinders: Third Grade Adventure, which I played and loved back in the 90s! A nice mix of math/academics and fun.
  13. lesbrarians

Event call without leaving location

Can you provide screenshots of what your event currently looks like? There could be a couple reasons why this isn't working. When you mean "make a character appear," do you mean like -- the event sprite is walking through a door, or...?
  14. lesbrarians

Feel better soon!!

Feel better soon!!
  15. lesbrarians

I was planning on doing custom tilesets for my game (still working on character creator art!)...

I was planning on doing custom tilesets for my game (still working on character creator art!) but hoo boy... just went thru Kauzz's Modern+ stuff and. I am. TEMPTED.
  16. lesbrarians

Who says mimics only have to be treasure chests -- I love this so much!! Great job w the teeth...

Who says mimics only have to be treasure chests -- I love this so much!! Great job w the teeth and tongue!
  17. lesbrarians

RMMV Changing Costumes with Selection Images

@alphawiz You can do it without going thru the equip menu, if you'd rather keep the equip menu disabled! I would use a plugin like Ossra's Choice List or Picture Choices to create a selection menu within an event. If you get creative with it, you can create a nice menu with a standard "Show...
  18. lesbrarians

How many people here use or know about Bitcoin?

I, personally, am very very skeptical of bitcoin. It's hastening the destruction of the environment at a frankly alarming rate, and I know people talk a lot about how it's supposed to fix income inequality, but I honestly only see it as further widening the wealth divide. I'd never get into it...
  19. lesbrarians

RMMV Changing Costumes with Selection Images

To be more specific: You need both Character Creator EX and the Dynamic Actors plugins. CCEX doesn't let you swap outfits by default, but Dynamic Actors does. Here's how you can do it, without allowing the player to create their own character. Install CCEX, including two of the sample image...
  20. lesbrarians

animate in rpg maker

Do you have an example? I'm not familiar with Undertale, but I looked at the opening cutscene cinematic, and something like that could easily be done with Show Picture and Text.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Only the goggles are imported ... not the eyes
a lot of my maps and battlebacks are me redrawing base rpg maker mv stuff to match with my own artwork... sometimes it comes out ok lol.
Guess I had to do something related to xmas... :kaoswt2:
SWZtrkz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevans65