Search results

1. AssumedPseudonym

I made the mistake of following a friend’s advice, or at least a mistake in regards to doing...

I made the mistake of following a friend’s advice, or at least a mistake in regards to doing anything RPG Maker related.  He dug back through our message history and found a story I had shared with him from about three years ago. He suggested I post it to r/HFY. So I did. I have been...
  2. AssumedPseudonym

Do You Enjoy Old-School Zelda Puzzles?

I do enjoy puzzles, but not ones that are so impenetrable that the only way you’re going to solve them is by random chance or looking up the answer online. I plan on having puzzles in my main project (once I get back to it; it’s… been kind of a rough month or so), but I’m not planning on...
  3. AssumedPseudonym

After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on...

After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.  Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.  At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all...
  4. AssumedPseudonym

…So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation...

…So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o.O
  5. AssumedPseudonym

What damage formulas do you use?

Thanks for that! I’m still new enough to not really know how well decimals work in a damage formula, so that was actually done deliberately on my part. The idea was to make sure I didn’t hit a floor of zero in the middle of calculations, just in case. The rest of the formatting was me...
  6. AssumedPseudonym

What damage formulas do you use?

After using the one I posted above in the Boss Battle Build Bout (and not being entirely happy with how it felt), I’m going to be trying out a different one for my One Map Game Challenge entry: (((a.atk*100)/(a.atk+b.def))*a.atk)/100  Basically: Given equal a.atk and b.def, the attacker will...
  7. AssumedPseudonym

OMGC progress: » Main NPC functionality: — Brief intro. — Equipment and item shops aren’t set...

OMGC progress: » Main NPC functionality: — Brief intro. — Equipment and item shops aren’t set up (database stuff needs to happen first). — Inn works. » First room boss NPC will do skill training and tutorial. » Enemy NPCs will rotate through being the room boss, but the first room boss will be...
  8. AssumedPseudonym

Apparently I am bad about replying to my statuses instead of making new ones. >.<

Apparently I am bad about replying to my statuses instead of making new ones. >.<
  9. AssumedPseudonym

I may be skirting the edges a bit, but I think it should be alright. If Touchfuzzy scolds me...

I may be skirting the edges a bit, but I think it should be alright. If Touchfuzzy scolds me for it when I submit it, I’ll reformat the layout and resubmit.
  10. AssumedPseudonym

@Shaz — Sorry, only just now saw that… x.x

@Shaz — Sorry, only just now saw that… x.x
  11. AssumedPseudonym

OMGC progress: » Goal. Doubles as game/cycle setup. » Shop/inn/skills NPC. Currently only...

OMGC progress: » Goal. Doubles as game/cycle setup. » Shop/inn/skills NPC. Currently only resets and increments cycle. » Room boss (and movement to next room). Will also be tutorial in first cycle. » One out of six room enemies (and movement to next room). » Two variable system to track...
  12. AssumedPseudonym

How many RM games did you play in the last year?

All of the RPG Maker games I’ve played have been right hand on arrows, left hand on shift, Z, and X. I should just plug my controller in and do it that way, but frankly I can’t be arsed most of the time — and that trend is only going to get more ingrained while I test on my own projects. <.<...
  13. AssumedPseudonym

Oh hey, I can make two variables do the work of seven. Neat.

Oh hey, I can make two variables do the work of seven. Neat.
  14. AssumedPseudonym

I’m planning on allowing the player do this sort of stuff, but only to a point before I start...

I’m planning on allowing the player do this sort of stuff, but only to a point before I start taking steps to curtail further such shenaniganry — progressing from party members yelling at the leader to disabling save points by way of some sort of Bad Guy Plot Device™ to closing inns and shops...
  15. AssumedPseudonym

Event One Map Game Challenge

…Alright. Some basic ideas for stuff happened a couple of days ago, I have a ready-made boss fight after the BBBB (which can be reskinned and tweaked as necessary), I’ve done some event shenaniganry to see if I could pull it off (which, apparently, I can), and I have a basic map put together...
  16. AssumedPseudonym

What does your setup look like?

» The laptop is what I’m using right now. » Second monitor, keyboard, and mouse are for the tower on the left. » The tower is essentially for POV-Ray rendering. » The clamp on the second monitor is for a USB LED light. » The camera did not appreciate what that USB LED light did for the lighting...
  17. AssumedPseudonym

How did you obtain your username? What was your very first on the internet?

My first username online was JSDaBird, which is just my initials and a nickname I went by extensively enough that it’s still a part of my pen-on-paper signature despite me not having used that nickname for at least fifteen years. I’ve gone by a few others, mainly characters I’ve played as...
  18. AssumedPseudonym

In the wake of completing an entry for the Boss Battle Build Bout, I’ve decided to go ahead and...

In the wake of completing an entry for the Boss Battle Build Bout, I’ve decided to go ahead and try something for the One Map Game Challenge. I mean, I already have a boss fight, I might as well make a game for it (or a reskin thereof) to go into…
  19. AssumedPseudonym

Boss Battle Build Bout Fan Favorite Voting!

You should have left @Trihan on the list, just as a sort of check to see if people voted without actually playing any of the entries. ^.~  Speaking of, I’m going to sit out the voting, myself. This was my first actual attempt at doing anything combat related, so I spent a lot of time just...
  20. AssumedPseudonym

*Solved* Event movement blocked by fixed events

Adding to the post @Andar made, if you’ve already experimented with changing event priorities, my suggestion would be to just set the stationary events on the road as Through. I just did a quick test (surrounding an NPC with four blank Through events) and the NPC had no issue getting out of...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who else here likes frogs? I sure do like them squishy beings! :rwink:

froggy.png
Only the goggles are imported ... not the eyes
a lot of my maps and battlebacks are me redrawing base rpg maker mv stuff to match with my own artwork... sometimes it comes out ok lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Equinox341