Search results

1. Ninjakillzu

Who else is making a game set in the modern world?

Mine is in a cyberpunk setting, so technically it's "modern" in the sense that it's not a fantasy setting. Of course, that doesn't stop people from adding fantasy elements to modern/futuristic settings like Shadowrun.
  2. Ninjakillzu

@alice_gristle Yep, it's perfectly valid to save scum, but you won't need to do that when...

@alice_gristle Yep, it's perfectly valid to save scum, but you won't need to do that when unlocking a door. If you fail a roll, just try again! It rerolls each time you try to unlock it.
  3. Ninjakillzu

I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC...

I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC based success/fail (modified by player skill). Before, it required a certain flat amount you had to meet, but with rolls, it offers more freedom. For instance, you can repeatedly try to unlock a door...
  4. Ninjakillzu

How cringy was the dialogue in your old/first RPGs?

Wow, I was not expecting this topic to be necroed. That would be a compliment! Instead of them saying that "This dialogue sucks and it's cringy as hell!", they'll say "This dialogue is great satire and a perfect deconstruction of typical JRPG writing!"
  5. Ninjakillzu

What drives you to make a game? If it's free, what's the point? If you charge for it, why?

Some people, namely family members have asked why my game is free. I'm hesitant to go commercial for a variety of reasons. First off is the monetary investment. My game does have the potential to sell, but then I'd have to dump more money into it to polish assets and scripts to bring it up to a...
  6. Ninjakillzu

Is that...Is that T-45 power armor? :LZSooo:

Is that...Is that T-45 power armor? :LZSooo:
  7. Ninjakillzu

Rpg story cliches you hate?

:kaoswt: I'm in danger... (my game does play around with a similar idea, but it's different from KOTOR) I use the amnesia trope, but it not used as a blank slate for an "insert character". Instead it's a foundation I use to support my story.
  8. Ninjakillzu

Partially. Every cyberpunk movie/anime you can think of will probably end up as inspiration for...

Partially. Every cyberpunk movie/anime you can think of will probably end up as inspiration for my game.
  9. Ninjakillzu

Everyone's games are bad at some point. My own first game back in VX was horrible, and even my...

Everyone's games are bad at some point. My own first game back in VX was horrible, and even my second game in VX Ace was bad too. It's all a learning process to become better and better. Eventually, you create something good which others enjoy! Keep making games. :kaopride:
  10. Ninjakillzu

Looks like there's a tornado warning in my area...in Washington state... The office is now...

Looks like there's a tornado warning in my area...in Washington state... The office is now taking cover.
  11. Ninjakillzu

Advice you don't agree with?

Not to mention that you can get 4k texture packs and ENBs for New Vegas. Now you can have best of both worlds; great gameplay and great graphics.
  12. Ninjakillzu

YEEESSS!! Now I don't have to waste my brain power learning an additional program. :kaojoy:

YEEESSS!! Now I don't have to waste my brain power learning an additional program. :kaojoy:
  13. Ninjakillzu

Rpg story cliches you hate?

I think it has potential if you do something different with it. I've been tweaking a fantasy rpg project for years, and the main hero will technically be "the chosen one" or "a chosen one", but that will basically ruin their life and be an extremely heavy burden from which they can't escape.
  14. Ninjakillzu

What was your strangest, bizarre or scary dream you ever had?

I've actually written down paragraphs of dreams
  15. Ninjakillzu

What was your strangest, bizarre or scary dream you ever had?

One time when I woke up, I saw a small glowing orange ball of light about the size of a golfball slowly move across my bedroom floor. It went about a foot a second until it went underneath my desk. I even got up out of bed to check under my desk, but the ball of light was nowhere to be seen.
  16. Ninjakillzu

Game & Map Screenshots 11

I've been busy doing tileset editing and map making for the Saikhon district of Collector, among a few other things. Here's two icons I made (technically I heavily edited already existing icons) for the Monowire Whip and Micro-Missile Launcher cyberarm weapons. Traditional medicine shop...
  17. Ninjakillzu

New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.

New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
  18. Ninjakillzu

How many RM games did you play in the last year?

What if you have both options? :kaopride:
  19. Ninjakillzu

Let me guess...Retail. :kaocry:

Let me guess...Retail. :kaocry:
  20. Ninjakillzu

Your forum name?

My name is my gamer tag from Battlefield 2 many years ago. I use it for Steam, forums, and games.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.
Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doldol