Search results

1. Valancourt

"skilllearnCostJp" is not defined??

Actually I fixed it! I just needed to update the plugins and move the Job Points plugin higher in the list!
  2. Valancourt

"skilllearnCostJp" is not defined??

While playtesting my game using Yanfly's Skill Learn System, when I made all the character's skills and tried to have her learn them, I got this error message as soon as I clicked on the "Advancement" command which takes you into the skill learning screen: "skilllearnCostJp is not defined."...
  3. Valancourt

Random Item Prefixes & Suffixes

Can you remove that plus or minus number at the end of each weapon's or armor's name? I don't want it say like, Masterwork Longsword of Fire +55, I just want it to say Masterwork Longsword of Fire.
  4. Valancourt

Yanfly Selection Control Problem

I can try starting a new game with the plugin installed.. I'll see if that fixes it. Here is the link to the plugin: *snip* In the instructional video on Yanfly's site it says to place the plugin underneath the Target Core and the Battle Engine Core, which I did
  5. Valancourt

Yanfly Selection Control Problem

My game crashes when I get into a battle using the Yanfly Selection control plugin. Can anyone explain why it says the 'length' is undefined??
  6. Valancourt

Equipment Learning

OK, i was able to see the skill by hitting left and right when the weapon was selected, however i'm not sure why AP is not being awarded and the skill bar is not filling up after battles..
  7. Valancourt

Equipment Learning

I'm having problems getting this to work. I believe i have followed all the instructions, including putting this plugin near the bottom of my plugin list, below the Yanfly plugins. I made the weapon with the skill: Then I set up the skill to learn: But it doesn't work in game...
  8. Valancourt

Error message at playtesting

I actually fixed the problem. i had the XP table set for 12 classes, then i reduced the number of classes to 5, and even though i changed the class_exp.csv file accordingly, the game wasn't recognizing it, so i had to set the classes in the database back to 12, even though only 5 classes will be...
  9. Valancourt

I can't even get to the title screen. as soon as i press the playtest button, the screen goes black and shows me the error message.
  10. Valancourt

I can't playtest my game because of this random occurance. I get these error message saying that exp tables are "undefined" even though i clearly followed the instructions of the plugin i was using, and "defined" where the information is being stored. Can someone help me fix this?
  11. Valancourt

Extra enemies plugin

I'll check it out, thanks!
  12. Valancourt

Extra enemies plugin

Hey everyone, I am looking for a plugin or perhaps I can request one, that allows you to add more than 8 enemies to a battle. Also it would be useful to have an enemy note tag like this: <No. Appearing: x to y> <No. Appearing: 2 to 12> <No. Appearing: x> instead of having to keep...
  13. Valancourt

Issue with Yanfly Skill Learn plugin

I'm having an issue with notetags not working. In order to learn the skill Potence, you need to first learn Power Attack and be 3rd level, however: My character is 1st level and the Potence skill is listed in his skill learn library.. the skill should not even appear until he is...
  14. Valancourt

8 Directions graphics plugin

Can you make a video showing this? this wasn't explained too well..
  15. Valancourt

Galv's Diagonal Movement

Hey Galv,  Does this plugin allow the game to draw actual diagonal sprites? I have some diagonal sprites but have yet to find a means of getting the game to draw them. I am using RPG Maker MV. These are my 4-directional sprites: And my diagonals: I tried making a sprite sheet...
  16. Valancourt

How do I use diagonal sprites?

Ok thanks folks, i'll check out PV Games
  17. Valancourt

How do I use diagonal sprites?

Hey everyone, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to use diagonal sprites. The script I am using is the Super Orange Movement one: As you can see, the sprite is affixed normally in the window there: Here is his sprite sheet: Here are his diagonal sprites...
  18. Valancourt

Lockpicks (variables)

actually i just solved it!! i should ahve set the variable to "greater than or equal to," haha
  19. Valancourt

Lockpicks (variables)

I can't seem to get it to work. here is the code i have for it: I have Show Choices of Use lock-pick and then walk away, then: When [use lock-pick] > control variables: [003: Lock-pick] = [Lock-pick] in Inventory > conditional branch: Variable [003: Lock-pick] == 8       >Play SE: Key, 80...
  20. Valancourt

Lockpicks (variables)

I want to make a series of 6 qualities of locks, and each requires a number of lock-picks to open: Wretched: 1 Poor: 2 Average: 4 Good: 6 Superior: 8 Masterful: 10 how do i make the game keep track of how many lockpicks you have, aside from they being items in your inventory? i want to...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cxsr