Search results

1. abluescarab

Figuring out a pricing system?

I do, as well. It kind of gives me a feeling of progression. The thing I think is preferable about not having item tiers is the seemingly-limitless choices--like there's no ceiling on your stats. With item tiers, if you reached that final tier, it's really end-game content. However, having an...
  2. abluescarab

Thanks for all the tips! I do have one question: I thought money sinks were frowned upon, kind of? I've been frequenting gaming sites for a number of years and I often hear people complain about them. How would I handle that tactfully without pissing off the players?
  3. abluescarab

I'm back. So from what I'm hearing, fights are kind of the basis for item prices. You figure out the fights, you figure out what prices feel substantial, you make sure the player feels as if they made a worthwhile purchase, even if they had to give up something to afford something else.
  4. abluescarab

How would I go about doing that? I've already made all armor types available to all classes (so mages can wear that heavy armor all they want, even if it messes with their magic stats).
  5. abluescarab

I actually like this idea. It reminds me of some MMOs, like Path of Exile. Health flasks drop frequently, usually with favorable random effects, but they're of lesser value than what you can purchase at the nearest shop. Grinding is boring as dirt for me and many other players. It's kind of an...
  6. abluescarab

Oo, great ideas, thanks! So I should probably work out the battles before I do the prices.
  7. abluescarab

I've never been very good with prices, so I have some questions. How should prices be determined? Should I figure out what coin drops enemies will have first, so I can price items based on that? How should I price items of the same type? (e.g. wood sword => 10G, copper sword => 20G, bronze...
  8. abluescarab

Steam version - 1 computer only?!

Not sure if OP has gotten their answer yet, so I'll just say this: I installed Ace on my desktop and laptop and while I obviously can't run them at the same time, they both work fine. So the Steam version can be installed on multiple computers and work fine on all of them.
  9. abluescarab

Buff/debuff IDs for scripts

Sorry, I went searching but didn't know what forum to post to. Yes, it's all I needed.
  10. abluescarab

That's what those mean? Thanks a lot!
  11. abluescarab

Hello, everyone. I'm new to RPG Maker VX Ace (bought in in the Humble Weekly Bundle). I've just started writing my own script to generate and apply a random status effect. In the GameBattler class, there's a function to add buffs and debuffs (add_buff, add_debuff) that asks for a param_id...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cxsr