Search results

1. HiddenAlchemist

[Text/Message box] What text size should be the right size?

I find that it really depends on the execution. I don't believe there is a one-size-fits-all approach to this, at least not without losing individuality in the presentation, as any idea can work depending on how it is executed. Take the second screenshot for example, if the text was made larger...
  2. HiddenAlchemist

Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another...

Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.
  3. HiddenAlchemist

Maybe! For now I'll be keeping things simple.

Maybe! For now I'll be keeping things simple.
  4. HiddenAlchemist

Redid my earlier sprite completely from scratch, as I wasn't happy and a resolution oversight...

Redid my earlier sprite completely from scratch, as I wasn't happy and a resolution oversight had been giving me a lot of problems. A couple things still need fixing, but I'm much more content with this now.
  5. HiddenAlchemist

I wish I had your memory.

I wish I had your memory.
  6. HiddenAlchemist

Being a visual learner and having a learning disability, I do struggle at times with javascript...

Being a visual learner and having a learning disability, I do struggle at times with javascript and more complicated plugins. I often have to learn my way around them through repeated trial and error, and compile personal help documents so I won't forget. It takes me far longer to 'dev' things...
  7. HiddenAlchemist

Are there any 3 party member menu layout scripts?

Edit: Actually, please disregard this post as I unfortunately misread your engine. If any mods could delete this, that would be nice. If you have MV from Steam, you will have access to a DLC folder where under KadokawaPlugins you can find AltMenuScreen2 and 3. These can be adjusted in plugin...
  8. HiddenAlchemist

I've created a geomancy skill that also works well on world maps with multiple terrains. It's...

I've created a geomancy skill that also works well on world maps with multiple terrains. It's really simple but I'm very pleased about this.
  9. HiddenAlchemist

I am in my element right now. [ATTACH]

I am in my element right now.
  10. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV custom message box thingy

There are in fact other ways. Galv's Message Styles can also be used to customize the message box, including change the frame in-game. He also has several other audio and visual plugins that can be used to further customize the message boxes.
  11. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV How Would You Achieve This Battle View

Just wanted to quickly add for the OP's knowing: It is possible to make actors appear in front-view battles with YEP_BattleCore, as well as adjust where the actors appear. There is a setting in plugin parameters to enable this. However it wouldn't be possible, at least to my knowledge, to make...
  12. HiddenAlchemist

MEGA and Dropbox are also good alternatives if you're looking for a cloud service.

MEGA and Dropbox are also good alternatives if you're looking for a cloud service.
  13. HiddenAlchemist

Just now realized that in all the time I was fighting with the passive TP state, Yanfly already...

Just now realized that in all the time I was fighting with the passive TP state, Yanfly already had one made in one of his tips and tricks videos. Live and learn I guess.
  14. HiddenAlchemist

This is beautifully made. My only suggestion is that there should be a clearer indicator for...

This is beautifully made. My only suggestion is that there should be a clearer indicator for side entrances, as it looks like nobody can enter the living room and child's bedroom.
  15. HiddenAlchemist

RMMV Yanfly AutoPassiveState: Effect plays once when TP is maxed?

Because I was following your initial suggestions. Your initial post with the State X and Y notetags did not actually work for me, even though I used them exactly as you wrote them. The State Y continued to repeat the effect. So I tried adapting them with the variable idea that you yourself also...
  16. HiddenAlchemist

I apologize again for misreading your response. As well for my lack of tact in mine; I do appreciate your help all the same. I can understand your annoyance, though I will ask you to please lighten your tone. Misunderstandings do happen. I've now had more time to implement the notetags. And...
  17. HiddenAlchemist

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with...

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually...
  18. HiddenAlchemist

Forgive me if I'm not following everything you mean. You are suggesting making another state that removes the passive state? Cause that's not really the issue here, I think. The state that routinely checks the TP amount is a permanent passive state that cannot be removed. And secondly, there...
  19. HiddenAlchemist

So a little while ago I devised a simple system using Yanfly's BuffStateCore, StateCategories, and AutoPassiveState where anytime a character's TP reaches the maximum 100, that character recovers from various status ailments and a small animation plays to indicate that TP is now maxed. With...
  20. HiddenAlchemist

I will add though: I adore the Wild ARMs series and even just experimenting with the Force and...

I will add though: I adore the Wild ARMs series and even just experimenting with the Force and Mystic systems and thinking up compromises has been a good learning experience.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Last monday Hawkzombie played ATV.

Here are the videos:

Yes, I'm alive. No the semester didn't kill me. Though there are days I feel like I am dead.
In the review stages for Pixacrea to be put up on Steam :) Coming Soon page... hopefully coming soon ;)
since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadened