Search results

1. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

Ah, perfect! I was really over-thinking it, this is such a simple solution... Thank you for taking the time to help me with this.
  2. RetroSoldier

Advanced Climate

Quick problem. It seems when I use this script, any BGS I set through a map's Map Properties menu will start up for one second, and then suddenly go quiet. I *can* still activate BGSs through events without issue so this is easily worked around, but I thought I'd get this issue out there...
  3. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

Hello again! I have hit a small snag when it comes to businesses being open at specific times.  ~Bullet point style!~ * I am using the 24 hour clock system. * I have a pub that is open between 10 a.m. (10) and 2 a.m. the next day (2). * My door script (in the conditional branch for deciding...
  4. RetroSoldier

I don't think it exists! The missing VX Ace low party HP music.

You are a LIFESAVER! This works perfectly, thank you so much! I was about to give up on this feature too! You have very good timing. :)
  5. RetroSoldier

Eh...not so easy when you can't code worth beans, haha. Even so, I was going to try something akin to that earlier, but I could never find where, exactly, the 'crisis' information is stored...and what to reference...and how to reference it...and what exactly I should type to do that kind of...
  6. RetroSoldier

Hello, Strangers! It is I, your good friend, uh, Other Stranger. Let's chat a while, and see if we can't solve this issue together! The Problem: Part 1 No obvious way to make it so the battle music changes to a user-defined song when the current battle party's collective Current HP is at...
  7. RetroSoldier

Final Fantasy Adventure Engine

Times like these I wish I knew more about scripting! The puzzles should be easy enough to implement, I think the real challenge will be emulating FFA's responsive controls/hit-detection and having the environment interact with certain weapons.  Regarding the weapon's environment effects, you...
  8. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

All right! I finally got around to including the random character quips when your party gets Fatigued or Exhausted. You can use this process vanilla, or maybe repurpose it by removing the States altogether and just having characters comment about the time of day or whatever. I also made some...
  9. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

I just noticed that when you have someone recall the time in a message it can appear wonky. Specifically, if the minute value is 00-09, it'll just appear as 0-9. Example: 1:09 becomes 1:9. Is there something I can do to keep the system from auto-truncating that zero?  
  10. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

Eureka! It works! After multiple tests with different times, it STILL works! Thank you for your help with this!  It's funny, when I first was messing with this I established the fatigue variable's value in the rest event proper, but I moved it in the fatigue event itself when I was screwing...
  11. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

Okay rearranged it and fixed my second conditional branch condition to GameTime.hour? > $game_variables[id]. What happens now is one hour will pass and fatigue occurs. Then two minutes go by after that and exhaustion occurs. Color me vexed. More reference pics: Page 1...
  12. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

The results are the same as before I implemented the new conditional branches. This tells me that my branches are more than likely not properly defined/ incorrectly placed. Try as I might, the flow of this makes sense to me and I just can't figure out what I'm messing up at the moment. For...
  13. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

Vlue it is then! (It's shorter, therefore it wins!)  Now on to the topic at hand...thank you, thank you, THANK you!  I had no idea to actually change the value you had to type "set" after GameTime. Drove me insane, it did. The solution to my first problem seems like it would work, but it...
  14. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

Wow! So many solutions *and* an updated script? You guys rock!  While I'm at it...I'm going to be putting a fatigue/exhaustion system in the game. The new two character states (fatigue progresses into exhaustion) would be based off of how long the party has been "awake". When they rest using a...
  15. RetroSoldier

Advanced Game Time

Popped in to say, your script is awesome! I am finding a lot of cool uses for it (like, having clocks and calendars that work in-game.) I have a question though... I would really like for my towns to have a different timelapse rate than my world map. (60 for towns, 15 for world map.) I tried...
  16. RetroSoldier

Oh, Variable 5! (Moby's Text SE & Yanfly's Victory Aftermath!)

Take your time, man. You guys have done way more than I was expecting when I posted this.  Also, I'm going to start testing these scripts in a new project with *only* the related scripts installed...in the off, off chance one of my other installed scripts is causing a would-be solution to fail...
  17. RetroSoldier

So I made the changes (I think), and tried this... Now it will boot to title, but will crash as soon as "New" is selected.  It gives me the message... "Script ‘Game_Actor’ line 52: TypeError occurred. No implicit conversion from nil to integer." ​When I open the scripts after that, it takes...
  18. RetroSoldier

Okay, this is what I have currently. Keep in mind, the game does function under these settings, but no variable is changed. EDIT: I have to make multiple posts, as I can't fit all three scripts in one, sorry. Zalerinian Custom Script class Game_actor < Game_Character attr_accessor...
  19. RetroSoldier

My bad, I read "case" as "class" for whatever reason.  And I really don't know what the string symbol is, and barring that, I wouldn't even know where to add it it in the when lines. I'm sorry if my knowledge is lacking in this area, but I am new to scripting. So, the best I could do was...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder how one goes about picking a good font for a game. I find the default kinda lacking, but you gotta pick a font that's legible ya know.
Did you check out the new Restaff yet? ;3
I am proud of how much my friends are pure talent. This one is making my game possibilities bigger and bigger and I wanna share his word:
Fun fact. Today it's exactly 2600 days since I met my now gf for the first time. Sometimes being a programmer can be really useful. O:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaeldiangelo