Search results

1. MattLikesPenguins

Looking for a very simple HUD script.

This thread can be closed whenever one of the mods have time to do so, as Ronin's script gave me exactly what I was looking for (and I'm very thankful for his help).
  2. MattLikesPenguins

This is going to be convoluted as hell but it's the only way I've been able to make them work, Give me a short bit and I'll post screenshots. EDIT: It's updating damage taken in real time, but is still not updating HUD picture unless you enter and exit the menu.
  3. MattLikesPenguins

If it helps, there is no battle in this game whatsoever. The primary way damage is incurred is by missing a QTE (it's a F13 fan-game, so if Jason pops up suddenly and they miss a button prompt, they lose a chunk of Life). The bar DOES update, but only if you enter the menu and then exit it. It...
  4. MattLikesPenguins

At the risk of sounding like a complete dumbass, I have no idea what you mean by vlue sleek gauges, nor do I have any idea where that line of code fits into your script. What do I need to do for this to work? EDIT: The picture and HP works for Lorelai (actor 1) but it doesn't change when you...
  5. MattLikesPenguins

I'm afraid not. Am I missing something? Hex, I've looked at MOGs HUD but the only ones I can find are battle HUDs.
  6. MattLikesPenguins

VX Ace engine, but MV characters. I found a bust script I liked but wasn't able to make the MV created bust match VX Ace created characters, so I ended up making them in MV but using Ace for everything else. EDIT: I looked for Ace HUD scripts, but haven't been able to find one that allows for...
  7. MattLikesPenguins

(Sorry if this is the wrong section. There was no link in the "Script requests go here" description, so I assumed this was the correct section) I'm interested in implementing a VERY simple HUD into a Friday the 13th fan game I'm making and wanted to see what it'd cost to have someone make it...
  8. MattLikesPenguins

Two quick Q's: Removing Save, re-adding Key Items

All I need in the menu is Items, Save, and Quit, though it'd be awesome if there was some way to add a "Documents" command that let's you view pictures and documents the player collects. I decided to leave Save in the menu and just change the access to it.
  9. MattLikesPenguins

Two quick Q's: Removing Save, re-adding Key Items

A while back I did some digging to find out how to remove the Armor/Weapons from the item's submenu. The answer given was to paste THIS as a script That worked fine, but for some reason now when I select Items, it has two spaces displayed, one saying Items, the other blank. It looks like I've...
  10. MattLikesPenguins

Simple Quick Time Event for Friday the 13th fan-game?

The issue has been solved. Mods, please close this thread. Thank you.
  11. MattLikesPenguins

I tried, but am having issues with getting it to work. I first tried this: Switch is flipped that causes Jason to show up. Then the animation plays and a second switch (we'll just call this second switch 'Attack') is activated, which activates a PP event that only turns on when 'Attack' is on...
  12. MattLikesPenguins

I don't really explain things very well at times, so I'll make this as simple as I can. All I'm looking for is a way to construct a simple, one-key-press QTE. It would be in a situation similar to this: A counselor is walking down a path/hallway/etc... when Jason shows up by surprise. The...
  13. MattLikesPenguins

Issues with Victor Engine Lighting script

(Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum or has already been answered) I love this script, but I'm running into a problem when I try to deactivate it. The setup I'm using is pretty simple: A PP event runs the Create Shade event, the player steps on a 'Player Touch' event that turns on a...
  14. MattLikesPenguins

5 things I wish I'd done from the get-go.

The third town in my game has two identical maps: One with a bunch of spectators watching exhibition matches, and one where they've all gone home and the town is near-deserted. I didn't realize you could just add an event page to NPCs and make them bugger off with a switch condition. I ended up...
  15. MattLikesPenguins

5 things I wish I'd done from the get-go.

(Mods: please move if this is the wrong place for this) It's been about three years since I began working on my game LifeWeaveR. I'm approaching the finish line with it, and that's given me time to reflect on some of the things I wish to God I'd done from the beginning, since it would have...
  16. MattLikesPenguins

Trees come out black in Yami's Overlay Mapping?

Have a look at the tutorial. It specifically says to rename Above Player to Shadow. Why, I don't know, but it did.
  17. MattLikesPenguins

SOLVED! I decided to try changing and variables back to the defaults. That didn't work, so I tried changing the shadow515-1.png to par515-1.png and low-and-behold it suddenly decided to work properly. Thanks to everyone who offered replies and help.
  18. MattLikesPenguins

Because the tutorial I referenced at the very beginning of this thread said to.. Trees and other blockables like logs or rocks go into the above player layer, which is eventually renamed as the shadow layer
  19. MattLikesPenguins

That was an accident. My apologies, I thought I'd deleted the first reply so I retyped it and found out I hadn't deleted it after all. Yes, 515 is the map ID. I gave the layers the exact name specified.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops
Went to get some stuff for February 10, the birthday of my favorite ink monster...
I have a little one-person party for Bendy every year, complete with the life-size plushie I made. And yes, I bake a birthday cake!
So technically I just ate sausages that were a year old. Use by date was 12/27/2021. But since those dates are just guesses with no scientific reasoning behind them I'll prolly be fine. Guess I know soon if I'm praying to the Porcelain God.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crticodead