Search results

1. Papillon Effect

How to raise and take care of animals

I know I was joking. Sorry.
  2. Papillon Effect

Voice acting in RPG maker games?

Ok so I'm seeing a lot of people saying "As long as it's good". I'm not worried about the quality, some of us on our team are voice actors and know others. Is there a way to mass disable sound files? Like the easiest way I would think is for two versions, one with voice acting that could be...
  3. Papillon Effect

I wish I could draw like this

I love this, I wish I could do this. We have the equipment, It's just training the eye that I've spent so little time working on.
  4. Papillon Effect

I see what you mean. How do you feel about something like "Simlish" from the sims games or something like this. Yooka Laylee just came out recently and some people think it's really charming. In the original Banjo games I didn't really notice it, I filtered it out. There are also people who...
  5. Papillon Effect

The Most Important Question: Vanilla Coke (The official be a little bit silly thread)

Not my top pick, but I would drink it over a good amount of soda.
  6. Papillon Effect

We were just curious. The thought occurred to have sound effects like in Banjo-Kazooie. It would be for comedic effect. Like German dialogue that says something like a grocery list, but since the player can't understand it they would just read the text. Making sort of a hidden joke or something.
  7. Papillon Effect

Hello everyone, We were wondering if there were any examples of RPG maker games with voice acting? I'm guessing people would just set the sound file to play when the text shows up. Just thought I'd ask, it would be interesting to see how it's implemented or if it even adds anything to the...
  8. Papillon Effect

Failure is Common

Arin from Game Grumps made a comment about gambling. He said if you don't quit, you haven't lost yet. Not the best advice for gambling, but good advice for someone trying to accomplish a goal.
  9. Papillon Effect

How to raise and take care of animals

Dang if people consider Stardew Valley obscure while being a top selling game of the year 2016 (and still is a top seller). We have no hope for our games. At any rate, RoxyStarlite you might want to check out: and You could talk on their steam forums or message the developers. Both games are...
  10. Papillon Effect

Hey Antera I was thinking about how you want custom side view battlers and I remembered this...

Hey Antera I was thinking about how you want custom side view battlers and I remembered this plugin. https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/battler-graphic-setup/ I hope this helps.
  11. Papillon Effect

How do you add sprites for diagonal movement?

Oh sorry about the wrong forum posting. I'm using the Yami 8 direction, which I found in the DLC plugins that come with MV. I wouldn't have known it was there if not for a thread from 2015 where Shaz points it out. I've done a search and I can only find the old thread pointing out that it...
  12. Papillon Effect

MV Character design : Fuse/Miximo, Daz3D vs GCH vs Spriter vs Daz3D vs MakeHuman

Yeah, no we don't. Sorry on that part friend.
  13. Papillon Effect

MV Character design : Fuse/Miximo, Daz3D vs GCH vs Spriter vs Daz3D vs MakeHuman

No we aren't using side view battlers. We are using animations specific to attacks, like in "Lisa" or "Hylics". Spriter makes that easier. I could see how it could be used for side view battlers though.
  14. Papillon Effect

How do you add sprites for diagonal movement?

Hello, We are using the Yami 8 direction plugin and wanted to know how to add sprites for diagonal movement? I also found this video on the Victor Engine showing their diagonal movement and it has sprites for the respective angles. I'm guessing I just have to make the sprite sheet in a...
  15. Papillon Effect

Changing Font MV/8 Direction Movement

Sorry to dig up an old thread but could someone link me to a plugin to make the diagonal directions have animations? Edit: Um I just found out that I'm not supposed to bring up threads older than 30 days. Sorry for necro posting. I'll just start a new thread. Also I don't know how to delete...
  16. Papillon Effect

Sorry as for the game, no spoilers just yet. We are close to a trailer though. I'll give you a heads up later if you are still interested. As for Spriter, yeah it's actually very intuitive. They even have a special mode specifically for making RPG maker graphics. I'll link you their tutorial...
  17. Papillon Effect

Parallax Mapping (with Lighting/Shadows)- 4 Part Video Series

Oh awesome, I'll make sure to check it out.
  18. Papillon Effect

Free And Useful Tools For Song Making~!

Austin Jorgensen made all the music for Lisa in the free trial of fruity loops.
  19. Papillon Effect

Best recording program?

Awesome thanks man. I enjoyed your livestream by the way. Look forward to new videos!
  20. Papillon Effect

What to use to make art

I use Clip Studio Paint. It's the cheapest of the pay for art programs, you can get it on amazon for 20 bucks or so. There are a lot of tutorials for it. It's also called Manga Studio by the way. They changed the name sometime back. It works really well with my drawing tablets. I have an Intuos...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.
Not a bad weekend but anxiety kicking my but. Also wondering about Ms Littlefish. Some people move on. Anyways how is everyone doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDevloG