Search results

1. jakefagan

Forum Decorum, Community, & Elitism

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful input on this! With the advent of RPG Maker MZ, and the conversations around paid plugins, I think that RPG Maker may be at a turning point in its history. Our community is perhaps the most defining feature of this engine. It is up to us to define &...
  2. jakefagan

I can absolutely see how frustrating these examples would be. I teach others how to use the Adobe CC suite in my spare time, and have experienced this similar refusal of help/information. Especially with the basics! It is very unfortunate, especially when we (as the instructor) are coming from a...
  3. jakefagan

"The definition of a beginner is someone who doesn't know what they don't know." Hear, hear! I myself can totally identify with this line of thinking. There are so many things I want to try in life, and I have no idea what I have no idea about. If you asked me a few short years ago what the...
  4. jakefagan

Hey there Trihan, thanks for weighing in! Just want to reiterate that this post is by no means my attempt at calling out any one individual. We are a community, and it is my personal belief that this situation is more endemic rather than personal. I think you make a great point about...
  5. jakefagan

Thank you for your detailed response! You are very right to point out that, oftentimes, the user/questioner resorts to the same hostile verbal communication I have described above. I won't try to deny that: in every space where there is a divide between experts and beginners, there is some sense...
  6. jakefagan

Hello my fellow RPG-makers! I want to open a dialogue about what I see as a rooted issue in verbal communication on the RPG Maker Forum, particularly in relation to the attitudes of a number of our most veteran users. For context, I have been a part of this remarkable game dev community since my...
  7. jakefagan

Message Sound Effect [MV & MZ] - Dialogue Blip

Hi there! I love this plugin; so simply written, and has great compatibility with RPG MZ. I also appreciate it as a valid alternative to the much less compatible/paid VS message sound plugin (which, of course, only works with VS message core.) So far, the only message sound plugin that works for...
  8. jakefagan

Rpg story cliches you hate?

I can't stand the story cliche of the "voice of reason" female character. It drives me crazy when core female characters are just simplified into these vessels of morality, who always have the right thing to say, and speak as if in a poetry competition. It's not a negative depiction, but it's...
  9. jakefagan

Project FOSSIL (v1.0): Use MV plugins in MZ! 300+ plugins Fossilized!

Just dropping into to say that this plugin is my hero! Porting my game to MZ has been been possible only due to FOSSIL. I was devastated to learn that MacOS support for MV was being discontinued...I literally thought all those years of development were going to be tossed out the window; but then...
  10. jakefagan

RMMZ Visustella Main Menu Core - Portrait Scaling

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem with my main menu!
  11. jakefagan

RMMZ Focus Camera on Event

Bump!
  12. jakefagan

@RivalRamen_Games this comment literally made my day ahah

@RivalRamen_Games this comment literally made my day ahah
  13. jakefagan

This is really cool!

This is really cool!
  14. jakefagan

What a great palette of colors!

What a great palette of colors!
  15. jakefagan

LunaTechs MV/MZ Plugins & Tools

@LunaTechsDev @inc0der Thank you for your work porting Qplugins to MZ; porting my project from MV would not be possible otherwise!! Much love for your time & work ethic. I love this community. I would like to shamelessly beg for a port of QFollowers, a plugin that adds follower functionality...
  16. jakefagan

RMMV Obtain in battle ON SELECTION target name

Thank you SO much! I have been searching for this for longer than I can remember. Another thing to check off my to-do list. :rtear:
  17. jakefagan

RMMV Obtain in battle ON SELECTION target name

How would I go about finding the currently selected enemy's name?
  18. jakefagan

[MV] Change Max TP value plugin release

So grateful for this plugin!
  19. jakefagan

Check if enemy has a state, ANY state?

Hello, I am creating an item that can be used against enemies to remove a state of choice. The player will be able to tactically decide which status effects to maintain or dispel on a given enemy. How can I use script to check if an enemy has a state, ANY state? I have experience using...
  20. jakefagan

It looks amazing so far! I always loved your SuperOrange movement plugins, so I’m very excited...

It looks amazing so far! I always loved your SuperOrange movement plugins, so I’m very excited to see what seems like a perfected version of that in “Cyclone Movement”. If anyone can make the best movement plugin, it’s Hudell!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png
Happy Birthday, me!
Woops.
giphy.gif
Ack, I've got to make a script support thread... I hate doing it now; I feel like an annoyance to people. Especially because my questions are usually stupid. Or, at least I assume they are when I don't get any replies lol. Oh well, I'll just make it in the morning. No point doing it now if I'll be asleep.
Slowly working on directions and walking sprites. :kaoback:
mA1ETTy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salzani