Search results

1. lordosthyvel

How would I self-reference an event in this script call?

I am not at the computer so can't double check, but iirc this. _eventId or this.eventId I'm pretty sure :)
  2. lordosthyvel

Save Out Character/Player for Next Game?

Without plugins: Have a shared map, prompt player to save game at map, move save file to the new project folder. With plugins: Yes, can be done, but what you want to save will be game specific. Make the 1st game then send me a PM and I will make you this plugin if you want :)
  3. lordosthyvel

Weirdness with healing potions

Because you have some plugin that alters how this works. Turn off all your plugins and verify that the potion works correctly. Then turn them off one by one in order of which is most probable to cause the issue. Eventually you'll find which one it is :)
  4. lordosthyvel

Attack that also buffs the user

If you want to add a specific state to the actor, put this before your damage formula: a.addState(x); Where x is the number of the state you want to add. Example: a.addState(13);a.atk * 4 - b.def Will add state 13 to the user and deal damage equal to 4 times user attack minus defenders defense.
  5. lordosthyvel

My laptop suddenly can't use WiFi anymore. What gives?

Don't worry about the intel installation thing you did. It probably only installed drivers for the wrong type of card. You installing and uninstalling the drivers shouldn ot have changed anything. If they think it is a driver issue, have you tried downloading the drivers from here...
  6. lordosthyvel

While in windows, does anything happen if you press F4 or fn + F4?
  7. lordosthyvel

What is the model number and make of the laptop?
  8. lordosthyvel

You should try to find the switch before doing anything else. It's not always a physical switch, it can be on a keyboard key. Like pressing FN + F2 or something for example. Look for icons that could be wifi (waves or an antenna for example) on the number keys, F keys or any other keyboard key...
  9. lordosthyvel

Show Not Tell Without Flashbacks

Having books and diaries would definitely be telling not showing. If you want to show she is depressed, have her apartment be messy. Maybe wine bottles lying around? Some wedding photos will tell the player she was married. Maybe a work uniform from her past employment somewhere in the...
  10. lordosthyvel

Jonte - Lock Equip

Jonte Lock Equip v 1.0 Made by lordosthyvel (Jonatan Hjelte) Description This is a small plugin that allows you to lock all equipment slots for individual or all party members with a plugin command. I use it to only allow the player to change equipment when not in a dungeon. Terms of use Free...
  11. lordosthyvel

Walking on an Event on top of damage tile still gives damage

No the character wont be invisible. Make sure the event priority is set to below player as Ebanyle said.
  12. lordosthyvel

Walking on an Event on top of damage tile still gives damage

Make the page of the event where the bridge is "invisible" a touch event that damages the player. Remove the terrain damage tag from the lava tile. That should make the player take damage when the bridge is not there, but be able to walk safely across when it is there.
  13. lordosthyvel

Want my actor to do 2 skills before moving back to party (sideview)

To do these kinds of skills the most pain-free way, I would suggest that you use and learn Yanfly's Battle Core and Action Sequence plugins. They support exactly what you want to do (move the actor around freely in the sideview to create cool skills)
  14. lordosthyvel

TRADE Searching for testers

I will play your game and give you detailed and brutally honest feedback if you do the same for me when I have a demo ready :)
  15. lordosthyvel

Surrender / Arrest Enemies

Yep that is exactly correct. You don't have to put the if statement in the javascript itself. though, you can just put this script inside a conditional branch inside the event. Both ways work and it's just about which one you prefer. If you do that, the only thing you might need to change is the...
  16. lordosthyvel

Eurogamer Article On RPGMaker-Made Games

I think what he calls the options menu is the default that appears when you press ESC. That menu has looked the same since rpg maker 2000 and few people bother changing it very much.
  17. lordosthyvel

Surrender / Arrest Enemies

I do not have access to MV at this moment so I can't check myself, but can't you just use a script call from the event page to achieve this? Something like for (var i = 0; i < $gameTroop.members().length; i++){ var member = $gameTroop.members()[i]; member.exp = member.exp * 1.2...
  18. lordosthyvel

MBS - FPLE MV

1. UPP minimap 2. Nope
  19. lordosthyvel

MBS - FPLE MV

Hey! I think I speak for most people commenting in this thread when I say: thank you a thousand times for all the time you spent on this! It is an awesome plugin and with some more work it could be something really special :) I think that you already added skyboxes and events as walls. Pretty...
  20. lordosthyvel

Open door event based on enemy hp

Great! No problem :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashvstheworld