Search results

1. VegaKotes

What status effects do you think could use more effects?

Here's the types of Status changes I'm planning on using.  I've decided to replace the luck stat with a new stat called Agility.  It acts as the "Defensive" stat for Speed. Strength -- Endurance. Speed -- Agility. Mind -- Willpower.       Hmm....I think that's it.  Maybe I'll think of more later.
  2. VegaKotes

What status effects do you think could use more effects?

Here's the types of Status changes I'm planning on using.  I've decided to replace the luck stat with a new stat called Agility.  It acts as the "Defensive" stat for Speed. Strength -- Endurance. Speed -- Agility. Mind -- Willpower.       Hmm....I think that's it.  Maybe I'll think of more later.
  3. VegaKotes

Walking on walls?

Lemme know if this works: Basically put regions wherever you don't want your players jumping. Like right before walls and the such. Or if you have areas where they can only jump in 3 directions you can use additional regions. (say you have an area that you can jump up, left, or right, but not...
  4. VegaKotes

What was your main reason for making an RPG game?

I've always had a thing for NRPG's (or JRPG's for anyone who isn't me. XD) and as I play more and more of them I find myself saying "I like this feature, but not that one."  So I decided to try my hand at making games I'd enjoy playing. That and I do so love to do creative things.  Drawing...
  5. VegaKotes

Haha, notes are the best. It really does make life so much easier.

Haha, notes are the best. It really does make life so much easier.
  6. VegaKotes

Hehehehehehehehehe farming system is officially done. Now just need to work on everything else. T-T

Hehehehehehehehehe farming system is officially done. Now just need to work on everything else. T-T
  7. VegaKotes

The Illusion of Choice and But Thou Must

Good luck! :D And you know the more who attempt the same thing, the more likely at least one of them is to succeed. :3 I think I worded it poorly, and I didn't give enough thought to the types of things that could be cut out. It's a hard concept to wrap my head around...hahaha. Hmm the more...
  8. VegaKotes

I think being a hobbyist game maker presents us with a unique opportunity. To challenge these age old tropes and to see if they work without the pressures of being a AAA company. Of course it's seven kinds of a pain in the ass to do, but anything worth doing generally is. I myself am trying...
  9. VegaKotes

[/SPOILER]I remember playing a group of Neverwinter Night 1 Modules called the ******* of Kosigan. But at best those big choices seemed to change what NPC's you would interact with later on and maybe a few small item changes, if any at all. For a smaller choice (like the one you proposed) I...
  10. VegaKotes

I do like the idea of being able to build a character to my own personality choices I guess I just feel cheated when those personality choices have little to no affect on the game's outcome.  For me I would rather have an established character that sticks to that path, rather than one that does...
  11. VegaKotes

So there's a mechanic of game design that I've been wondering about a lot lately.  The illusion of choice.  What is an illusion of choice?  Well it's where you're given 2 or more choices but they all ultimately lead to the same conclusion. Let's have some examples. :3 How bout another? This...
  12. VegaKotes

Boss Strengths determined by Level

If I'm not mistaken you use that little snippet in a Conditional Branch's Script Call area. It's on the last tab in the Conditional Branch event command.
  13. VegaKotes

Howdy

Well welcome to the forums Keith. :) It's a pretty good community round here from what I've seen, so you should have your son come visit this place as well, I think the two of you could learn a lot from us here.  We're always eager to help. :D Good luck on making all your future games.
  14. VegaKotes

How to resize event/other windows?/How to unlock current window?

If it becomes *that* complicated you might want to start making use of additional pages instead of throwing Conditional branch inside of conditional branch.
  15. VegaKotes

Changing features in-game

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you set a variable to an actor's Level (possibly their exp points specifically) and then set another's level to that exp? edit: Err Variable not exp.
  16. VegaKotes

Changing features in-game

Could you create two versions of her and just set the second one to the same specs as the first?
  17. VegaKotes

What is "Smart"

I would say that in this situation it's less that the person is making a smart decision as they're not making a dumb one. The problem I have with calling people who use common sense smart is that we're calling them smart simply because they aren't acting like idiots. To me that's like...
  18. VegaKotes

Oh my god configuring a farming system is going to make my eyes bleed...so many numbers to...

Oh my god configuring a farming system is going to make my eyes bleed...so many numbers to change....*shudder*
  19. VegaKotes

Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

I was wondering how to move the Show Choice window from the right side to either the middle or the left. Preferably the middle. edit: Ah, should mention this is for Vx Ace.
  20. VegaKotes

What is "Smart"

I dunno, the very wording of "Common Sense" implies that it's a normal thing. And normal people aren't "smart" they're average. Even if all average people were to become more "smart" they would still be average. And the people who were smarter than *that* would become the new "smart" Anyway...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D
I got a new computer and can't find my product activation key for MV, what do I do ;-;
buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diputus