Search results

1. Cranky Construct

Game & Map Screenshots 10

Putting together a new battle system for my game and thought I'd share it here, even though it's still in the early stages. I hope you guys like it ^^/
  2. Cranky Construct

I also managed to finish a battle background today too, so now I can show this off. It's starting to look like an actual game now
  3. Cranky Construct

It's been a long time since I posted anything here, but here's a few screenshots from what I've been slaving away at.
  4. Cranky Construct

I haven't posted here in a while, so here's the prologue area of my game. The guard at the bottom needs his shadow resized, but yeah.
  5. Cranky Construct

I haven't posted here in a while, but here's what I've been working on. I'm in the process of swapping over to Dragonbones, so the actor's sprite-sheet is completely defunct and needs to be remade in DB. The guards are also missing an attack animation and all the sounds/music are still stock...
  6. Cranky Construct

Negative stigma around RTP

If you're trying to make a commercial game the RTP graphics are only serving as an upward battle you could honestly avoid by investing time or resources into custom assets. RPG Maker shares a similar reputation to Unity and its Asset Store. You can use the RTP for sure, but it's immediately...
  7. Cranky Construct

Game & Map Screenshots 9

I haven't posted here in forever but I was busy selling my soul to recreate all my graphics from the ground up. My character sprite still needs to be redrawn, so that's why he's all blurry atm. Also I decided to make a finalized battle UI using Moghunter's plugins. On a character's turn a...
  8. Cranky Construct

What makes a game cringy?

"Weak guy meets dragon-slaying woman" There's nothing wrong with strong girls wanting to protect weak guys yo. That's a cute if not fresh dynamic.
  9. Cranky Construct

Game & Map Screenshots 9

Good thing it's not your prototypical demon king then. Lady's gotta have her generals around, after all.
  10. Cranky Construct

Game & Map Screenshots 9

I still need to work in shadows later, but I finished making the assets for this area for the most part. Based the wall tileset off of how FF6's looked with the various brick depths you could find in Figaro Castle and other areas.
  11. Cranky Construct

Hello!

Thanks dude! I didn't realize you were on this site too! I plan on making a project thread about it here in the near future.
  12. Cranky Construct

[STV] Plugins | STV_MonsterCards

Oh man, this was exactly what I was looking for! You're the best Skotty! o/
  13. Cranky Construct

Game & Map Screenshots 9

Thought I'd share a few more pictures of the town I'm working on. o/ Please ignore that the character in the screenshots is kinda blurry. I still need to go and redraw his sprites after I scaled his original sprite down. He's supposed to be a small bunny and stuff.
  14. Cranky Construct

Creating a Trading Card mechanic?

Yeah, I'm actually adopting Ragnarok Online's card upgrade system for my game. It's a really fun concept to give the cards some type of usable function outside of being a collectible. The best part with them being miniature pieces of art is you can also create a card album or something that you...
  15. Cranky Construct

When you make the plot of your game, do you go for a Dark or Light mood?

To be honest I personally don't think about whether a story is light or dark when I'm writing it. What's most important is ensuring that a story gives its serious moments the gravity it deserves without going overboard. A lot of developers will try to make some type of dark and brooding game...
  16. Cranky Construct

Game & Map Screenshots 9

I just joined, but here's an image from the RPG I'm working on. Decided to try and make all the assets myself for it. The character's missing a drop shadow long with the trees etc, but I'm planning on using Yanfly's doodads to help remedy that issue.
  17. Cranky Construct

Hello!

I've been lurking these forums for years, and with my game's prototype finally ready to be showed off I figure'd I'd make an account to be all official-like with it. Y'know, make a project thread for it and what not. o/ I've messed around with RPG Maker since the 2000 version, so I'm hoping now...
  18. Cranky Construct

Hello World! :v

Hello World! :v

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elender