Search results

1. Get X/Y position of parallax map as it scrolls?

Thank you - I'm still quite new to RPG Maker, so just want to confirm if my guess is right. If I wanted an event to occur in reaction to those coordinates being reached by the scrolling background, I could use a Conditional Branch - Script - and plug in that script?
  2. Get X/Y position of parallax map as it scrolls?

Hi all, Not sure if this should go here or plugin requests, but first I wanted to establish the scope of my situation, and see if a plugin/script would even be necessary. So, I have a parallax background that has a sky and a sun. The map scrolls horizontally. I would like to make it so that...
  3. [SOLVED] Help with fade in/fade out when returning to map

Precisely, for some reason I had it in my head that it wouldn't run, and so I didn't even think to try it. But your above advice was correct, I simply put the fade in after the transfer and was able to avoid needing to use the autorun event on the new map at all. Thanks again!
  4. [SOLVED] Help with fade in/fade out when returning to map

There is a fade-out from a previous cutscene. From reading through some previous threads I thought I read that anything in a list that comes after a transfer doesn't work and that they should be evented on the new map, but maybe I misunderstood. Here is what the transfer/fade out after the...
  5. [SOLVED] Help with fade in/fade out when returning to map

Would you mind explaining that a bit more - I'm still working through early tutorials on switches and I'm not sure I understand 100%.
  6. [SOLVED] Help with fade in/fade out when returning to map

Hi all, Here's the gameplay scenario. There are two playable characters. When you sleep in a bed, you wake up on a different map, as a different character. So, I have a fade in set up on my initial map like so: Then, the character can choose to go back to sleep. If they do, the screen...
  7. EST - EVENT GRAPHIC SHIFT

Same question - not sure if Estriole posts anymore according to their signature - can anyone share the plugin?
  8. Animated image as event on map

Thank you for your concise explanation! So if I understand correctly (and apologies as I'm very new to all this), if I break the sheet down into individual sheets for each effect, I should be good? Take for example the ZZZs effect. If I take those sprites, lay them out 3x4, that should work...
  9. Animated image as event on map

I'm an idiot and I forgot to turn on the plugin! [slaps forehead] So it's cycling through now, though I don't think it's playing the full animation. I'm still a bit confused about the nomenclature: !Hearts [5 3].png Or would it need to be !Hearts [5 3 0 0].png ? And that would signal to...
  10. Animated image as event on map

Thank you! That plugin seems to be the solution to my problem - I'm just having one small issue still. For some reason, my cursor is sized to two rows in the sheet - I can't select just one row. As a result, it animates both rows simultaneously. However, even if I resize the file it doesn't...
  11. Animated image as event on map

Having issues getting an animation to play as an event on the map. I seem to remember getting this to work in the past, by setting the event to "stepping", so that the animation would loop - but maybe it was simpler because the animation was only 3 frames? As you can see, this is a longer...
  12. Workflow, placeholder map/tileset and future proofing

Your images aren't showing up - would be curious to see them.
  13. Workflow, placeholder map/tileset and future proofing

Thank you for the replies. Yes, I'm planning on making a small, short game first using mechanics and game loops that I hope to use in my bigger project, just to get the hang of the program.
  14. Workflow, placeholder map/tileset and future proofing

Hi all, First post - hope this is in the appropriate forum. I've recently downloaded RPG Maker MV. My plan is to build a complete game using the tilesets that come with MV, and once everything has been built, to replace all the assets. I am not artistically inclined so I KNOW I will need to...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, looks like I need to build myself a quest system. Or really just a system for "Helpful voices" to talk to the player. I'm sure nothing will go wrong listening to them.... They're "helpful". :LZSwink:

Should be pretty easy with PIXI just letting me write all over the screen. :LZSexcite:
I'm starting to think I just dont like anime since the last one I enjoyed was none of them.
Hi guys, Im new here. Im using RPGMMV. In this community i would like to learn more and become better rpg developer.
The main character for the first game was originally going to become a member of the party in the third game but I'm probably changing him to an important NPC instead. That brings the third game's total ensemble roster down to nine with one optional secret character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dudoanxsmb