Search results

1. RedFoxGaming

Repeat Animation for x# of hits and Popup # hits in message

So I'm still working on my plugin here, and what I want to do (I'll have a true/false parameter for each of these) is to repeat the animation for as many times as the player or enemy hit, (or like in some FF games where 1 hit is 1 animation, 2-5 is 2 and 6+ is 3 repeats of the animation). I also...
  2. RedFoxGaming

Issue with Eval() returning an exception

Oh I didn't even see that. Yeah, I suppose Agility only exist within objects so I take it the engine has no idea what agi is. Yeah that's suppose to be a.agi. Edit: Oh I typoed the damage formula too. Even better :/ Edit 2: Yeah, I got the issue fixed now. This thread is solved. I'll make a...
  3. RedFoxGaming

Issue with Eval() returning an exception

So I am currently working on my first plugin and I am brand new to JS. I'll post the code in a spoiler and then I'll explain the issue. This code is not finished yet, but what I am trying to do here is make a multiple hit calculation similar to the Final Fantasy games. The issue is the damage...
  4. RedFoxGaming

Character keeps taking no damage, how do I fix that?

Yeah, plus an integrity check will only check Steam/steamapps/common/RPG Maker MV/ and MV projects typically default to C:/Users/$USER/Documents/Games or something along those lines.
  5. RedFoxGaming

If one of the data files in your project corrupted, steam doesn't check for stuff in your project folder. I believe every database entry in MV is its own data file on the system. It's in the /data folder in your project folder. You can actually edit these files in a text editor if you wish. I...
  6. RedFoxGaming

That's incredibly weird, but I have had stuff like that happen before. Like with that attack plugin that didn't work, I like using plug-ins for my damage formulas because it's a whole lot easier to make a massive formula in Javascript than to do it on that one line box, and I can write it for...
  7. RedFoxGaming

Oh my bad. That is the wrong menu. I'm actually at work and I've been trying to remember this stuff off the top of my head. I think it's actually F10 or you can open the F8 menu and click the Console tab. I do have two suggestions though. Try making a new project and copying the plug-ins...
  8. RedFoxGaming

@razluna The purpose of the code was to really just output what numbers were being used in the damage calculation. I couldn't remember what button opened the debug console though. It's either F8 or F9. To use it, copy the code into a text document, save it as whatevername.js (it has to be a *.js...
  9. RedFoxGaming

Honestly I don't have and ideas on what's going on either. The code I posted was really just to output the numbers used in the damage calculations into the debug console log so you could see what was getting out putted. In case for some reason, it wasn't calculating correctly. Edit: I don't...
  10. RedFoxGaming

Well, this makes no sense to me. All your screenshots look to be in order, nothing is off. I replicated what you did here and tested it in a new project and I get the correct damage returns. It's really strange. Try this. You don't have to use this by any means, but I'm curious if its an engine...
  11. RedFoxGaming

Parse a string in parameters array to be read as a formula

Oh. I didn't even think about a try catch block, or realize that it's the same syntax as C#. But this thread is solved so it can be closed.
  12. RedFoxGaming

Parse a string in parameters array to be read as a formula

How do I convert the string in a parameter, i.e. var phitsform = (parameters['Possible Hits Formula'], "a.agi / 16"); so that when I call this variable, it will return it as a readable formula instead of a string EDIT: More specifically, I need it to calculate the formula instead of printing...
  13. RedFoxGaming

Instant Death Spell but you gain no EXP or Gold from it

Well, where is the damage popup method located? Can I alias it and add a check that if damage = 0 that it won't draw the popup Edit: I would totally just use Yanflys plug-ins but he's apparently recently started charging for them.
  14. RedFoxGaming

Best way to add custom stat parameters, and edit level ups

Well, while I am still very much a beginner in Javascript, maybe it would be best to just start with adding the custom parameters and using a function to calculate the stats first, like the regular parameters are calculated, and go from there once I figure out how to do it and get that working.
  15. RedFoxGaming

Instant Death Spell but you gain no EXP or Gold from it

If I used the microcode, would using this in the formula box work better? (I'm at work right now so I cannot test it) b._noBonus = true; b.addState(1); Or whatever the command was to add a state?
  16. RedFoxGaming

I need help with my game

You could use a variable. When you press space, add 1 to the variable and when the variable = x where x is how many times you need to hit space. I would provide an example but I'm on my phone right now.
  17. RedFoxGaming

So doing it this way. I can change the if(paramId < 8) to how many parameters I want, then it looks like currentClass().meta, that's reading from a note tag correct?
  18. RedFoxGaming

So, I could potentially define my new parameters much like mhp, mmp, atk are defined, making sure I don't overwrite any existing paramIDs? I'm brand new to Javascript, so in Javascript, how do I reference a function like this so I can define new parameters, and how do I overwrite it without...
  19. RedFoxGaming

[JS] Force Critical Hit Message

Thank you. That is a huge help
  20. RedFoxGaming

What would be the best way for me to add additional stat parameters to my actors? Mainly, I want to add Strength, Vitality, Intelligence and Wisdom. I also want to edit the level up system to not use the parameter tables, but to add a random value pulled from a min, max range for each stat in...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

stock analyst lady
Well, since I'm in lockdown, I guess it's finally time to get serious into rpgmaking... almost 20 years later.
Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FIL