Search results

1. Running without a flash drive?

Hi, so I recently made a game on my older computer with VX Ace, and I compressed the file (with RTP) and put it on a flash drive. I moved the project to my newer computer since it has better performance and the game's complete. However, everything downloads/converts fine, but as soon as I remove...
  2. Save mechanic

Ah, thank you! I'll be sure to do that. Thanks for the quick replies!
  3. Save mechanic

The three files below are the entire event page. I'd also like to mention I'm trying to use the same save system in multiple other events, so I was trying to make it fairly generic. Hopefully this information is enough to work with.
  4. Save mechanic

Thank you for your quick reply. Here's a screenshot of the save choices branch (the contents above and below the picture don't matter): I would also like to note that I added "file loaded" to see if the save would resume after the choice, but it didn't work.
  5. Save mechanic

So, what I'm trying to accomplish is a save system in the game. After a major scene occurs, the player gets an option of "Save", "Quit", and "Continue". Continue does nothing, of course. Save saves the game, and the player has the option of returning to the main menu. My issue is that once the...
  6. Conditional Branch being bypassed

Sorry for the late reply. I was being stupid and ended up figuring it out. I set the timer to parallel in a different event and used a switch with a conditional branch instead of a timer with a conditional branch, so it's all good. I actually like this result better. Thanks for you help, though!
  7. Conditional Branch being bypassed

Forgive me if this doesn't make sense, I'm relatively new here and have a complex issue. Currently I'm trying to make a timed event where after the timer goes off, an autorun section begins and the event tells the player how they did in the time given. However, I also want the player to be able...
  8. Boat Tileset Issues

Nevermind! I actually discovered that there's an option in the event creator called "change vehicle graphic". I just tested it out and it works like a charm! I was just wondering, though.... How do I get the graphic to reset on land? So basically I'm gonna copy and paste a bunch of the image...
  9. Boat Tileset Issues

Thank you so much for the quick reply! And I think I know what you're saying: I need to make an event with the empty boat graphic so once the player gets on it, they can move around on the actual boat in a different area? And when you say "parallel event" are you referring to the Parallel...
  10. Boat Tileset Issues

Hey there! Recently, I've been trying to develop a game with RPG Maker VX Ace. I wanted to use the boat as a gameplay mechanic -- this way the player is able to sail around an island in-game. The problem is that I want to edit the tileset so it looks like the player is in the boat when the...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new intro Logo for my videos.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YKJordan