Search results

1. ZackNH

MV - What is "[1111/122448:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()"?

I'm bumping again because it's been 12 days without a response to my newest question. I have a feeling this might be the final dead-end in my futile attempt to get this flipping program to work again.
  2. ZackNH

MV - What is "[1111/122448:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()"?

At this point I don't expect anything to come of this, but I decided to check Event Viewer to see what pops up when I launch MV, and this is what the error says: Faulting application name: RPGMV.exe, version: 1.6.2.0, time stamp: 0x5c4a8ced Faulting module name: RPGMV.exe, version: 1.6.2.0...
  3. ZackNH

Since it's been a week without a reply I thought I'd ask again about what a Qt engine is and how I can find out if it's the problem.
  4. ZackNH

I've never heard of a Qt engine. Is there a way to check if this is the problem?
  5. ZackNH

I don't know if this might be related (I'm grasping at straws here) but Source Filmmaker also doesn't work anymore. Is there some aspect of Windows 10 that affects both MV and SFM? I've had Win10 for years but there were never any problems until recent updates this year. I've read that Windows...
  6. ZackNH

I just tried switching the languages for MV, and it still didn't launch.
  7. ZackNH

One last thing I tried was booting in Safe Mode because I hadn't thought to try that yet and I figured I might as well. Didn't expect anything, and didn't get anything. MV still won't launch. It seems I've exhausted every possible solution short of dumping everything onto an external hard drive...
  8. ZackNH

So, what IS the problem? I still don't know the cause of the file path error I keep getting, and right now that seems like the only clue I have to go off. I tried downloading some of the free DLC just so I can have access to the DLC management window, but MV won't launch regardless of if the DLC...
  9. ZackNH

I think this is it: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Driver Provider: NVIDIA Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher I downloaded the newest NVIDIA update yesterday, if that matters.
  10. ZackNH

I never bought any DLC, but there are files in the dlc folder. Opening the Properties page on Steam, there is no DLC window like there is for other games/programs that I do have DLC for, so I can't disable anything. I took the files out of the dlc folder manually, but it didn't help. I also...
  11. ZackNH

Back in July I made a post about how after almost 850 hours of using MV (on Steam, Windows 10) it suddenly stopped launching. I eventually became so disheartened that I stopped trying to fix it. Recently I discovered the debug.log file and how these warnings pop-up every time I try to launch MV...
  12. ZackNH

Can't open MV at all anymore

I was inspired by this thread (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/mv-wont-open.101123/) from 2018 to check my drivers to see if any had actually been deleted. I don't know what any of these are or what they do, but after checking all of them in Device Manager, these are the...
  13. ZackNH

I tried downloading 4.8 but it told me it's already on the computer, which is weird because I didn't see it installed, but whatever I guess I was looking in the wrong place or I missed it somehow. I can't try the non-Steam version of MV because I already used the 20-day free trial (before I...
  14. ZackNH

I think I have framework 4.0, at least that's the highest version I found in Registry Editor. The Apps & Features page of Settings says I have over 20 C++ files going as far back as 2005 (which is weird because this computer is only a few years old). Two of them say "2015 - 2019" and I can't...
  15. ZackNH

It did say that there was an update, but after downloading it and then sitting through the PC reboot, MV still won't start.
  16. ZackNH

The only thing I've downloaded was Halo 3 because that just come out on Steam. I checked the updates page on the Settings, and it won't let me load older versions. It claims that I last updated over 10 days ago, but it was yesterday. It's possible that the previous version was deleted by...
  17. ZackNH

Maybe I worded my post poorly because you seem to be under the impression that I JUST got Windows 10. I've had Windows 10 for 5 years, my current computer came built with it and has never even had Windows 7 on it, and I've used MV for 848 hours with no issues. It's this specific version update...
  18. ZackNH

There was a Windows 10 update yesterday, and now MV won't open. It shows the splash screen like normal but when it disappears the actual program doesn't start and Steam says it's no longer running. The update didn't affect VX Ace or any other programs/games I have, just MV. WHAT I TRIED: 1...
  19. ZackNH

Special death animations?

I tried both of the things you suggested, and both caused actors to return to their idle animation when they died. There must be some conflict with another pluggin. I'll try messing with the load order later, see if I can figure out what the problem is.
  20. ZackNH

Special death animations?

I know I can edit the sprite sheet to change the death pose, but what I mean is that when a Side View Actor dies there will be some special animation like bursting into smoke and disappearing or turning into dust. If I edit the sprite sheet it'll loop the 3 frames, and that's not what I want. A...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Going to try my luck with Rust programming language. C++ is just way too gosh darn frustrating.
Phew. Finally fixed all of the tileset and event issues in this demo. And now, it's time to release another, finished game. Stay tuned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiresu