Search results

1. SimProse

Do all MV variables initialise as "zero"?

Traditionally in Javascript, its similar to other languages in that it depends on what type the variables is initialized with. "Numbers" initialize with 0 and 'Strings' initialize with null unless they're assigned with a default value at creation time.
  2. SimProse

RPG Maker MZ v1.2.0 Update

Latest version of MZ, no screen tearing on my system either. Works fine.
  3. SimProse

Does MZ share previous engine's issue of sometimes corrupting loaded projects after crashing?

Does MZ share previous engine's issue of sometimes corrupting loaded projects after crashing?
  4. SimProse

RPG Maker MV White Screen NOTHING WORKS!!

MV tends to rather picky about having recent drivers installed, so if its an older one, that could be the reason, based on previous posts about the 'white screen' issue. For some people, grabbing this .DLL and putting it in the folder with MV fixed it...
  5. SimProse

RPG Maker MV White Screen NOTHING WORKS!!

Did you update the driver on your graphics card? That fixed it for many people previously.
  6. SimProse

" Accursed creator! Why did you form a monster so hideous that even you turned from me in...

" Accursed creator! Why did you form a monster so hideous that even you turned from me in disgust? God, in pity, made man beautiful and alluring, after his own image; but my form is a filthy type of yours, more horrid even from the very resemblance!" How about that? Oh, sorry. That's from...
  7. SimProse

Random Item Prefixes & Suffixes

Does this work with MZ? or has anyone tried it?
  8. SimProse

How to Publish an RPG Maker Game on Steam

Yes, you do need to provide tax info to Valve, as far as I know. I'm in the US, so it doesn't require a business if you just use your full name as a sole proprietor. Might be different in the UK.
  9. SimProse

How to Publish an RPG Maker Game on Steam

Just a small correction: "This fee is not refundable, but will be recoupable in the payment made after your product has at least $1,000.00 Adjusted Gross Revenue for Steam Store and in-app purchases." It's 1 thousand, not 10 thousand. :D
  10. SimProse

Caethyril's MZ Plugins

Here's my plugin list. Does not seem to work still. Hmm...once I turn off the VisuStella Core plugin, it works fine. That's something many people will use, so you might want to check on that.
  11. SimProse

Caethyril's MZ Plugins

I'm trying your custom title screen plugin, adding a Quit Game command using another plugin. I put in 4 commands without scrolling, and it seems to ignore it, and still only displays 3 commands in the box at once and needing to scroll. Using LunaTechs Quit2Desktop plugin if that matters.
  12. SimProse

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

This is HUGE actually, and should allow it to be ported to XBox One using UWP without needing to include the .m4a files (previously the .OGG didn't work for this purpose). Now if only I could figure out how to enable the XBox Live stuff using the HTML5 export feature...
  13. SimProse

Is it worth exploring Mac / iOS deployment?

I ported a few of my RPG games to Mac to publish on Steam, and... eh. Maybe 5-7% of my sales are Mac. It wasn't too much trouble, but probably a waste of time overall.
  14. SimProse

Have you actually sold ANY substantial amount of games on Google Play? I imagine its so...

Have you actually sold ANY substantial amount of games on Google Play? I imagine its so congested that anything more than a few sales wouldn't be possible without a lot of advertising.
  15. SimProse

Yes, sadly...'Breakin 2' actually uses that dorky subtitle. It made little sense then... or now.

Yes, sadly...'Breakin 2' actually uses that dorky subtitle. It made little sense then... or now.
  16. SimProse

YEP Item Core - "Skip" Use-Scene

I do the same in all my games; no need to confirm every time a player uses something. Saves clicks/button presses for sure. I use this version of Yanfly's Item Core (it's 1.26) and I have it fixed so that the extra confirmation thing has been eliminated. Hope it helps you...
  17. SimProse

Enabling steam coupon for published games

Very minimal from my experience so far (with 10 games on Steam). Hardly anyone uses them, they end up getting traded most of the time.
  18. SimProse

I never run out of ideas for plugins! I have around 60 ideas or so at any one time. Just need a...

I never run out of ideas for plugins! I have around 60 ideas or so at any one time. Just need a programmer to do them (I know a little JS, but probably not enough for this stuff).
  19. SimProse

How to access %APPDATA%?

How do I do this with 1.5.2 of MV? The lines don't read the same way, and my deployed game will not save at all, giving me those EPERM errors. The current lines: StorageManager.localFileDirectoryPath = function() { var path = require('path'); var base =...
  20. SimProse

The Paladin joins the fight!

Welcome! I bid you good fortune and yes, this place is an oasis for those wishing to learn the secrets of RPG Maker. May your journey be a bright one. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

its_a_random_world.jpg
Well after half a year of health problems (that aren't as bad as before), and playing with UE4 & 5... I realized I should finish this project before working on something else. So I decided to upgrade my randomizer. And really just focus on compromising wherever I can to finish the project sooner rather than later. :kaoswt:
hmmm. an art of mine was removed from reddit, for a reason not even listed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macos