Search results

1. Shaddow

Skills for Classes in Database not Transfering Over to Game

Is Potion set as a skill and not magic? I ran into that issue a few times too, since this character can only use magic, any 'skills' will not show up for her.  This may be unrelated, since it is only this character, but maybe a step towards a solution.
  2. Shaddow

How to make recruitable party member's level scale?

under 'control variable' there is an option called 'game data' within that there is a section called 'actor' and then you set it equal to that actors level. So basically within an event you choose Control Variable -> Game Data -> Actor -> Level. Then when you add the party member you choose...
  3. Shaddow

How to make recruitable party member's level scale?

Variables. The simple solution is to just make a variable that matches the party leaders level, then when you put the new member on, set it's level to match that variable.
  4. Shaddow

Pinata

Pinata
  5. Shaddow

Loafer

I do not know what you mean, everything I am saying is exactly what I mean to say.
  6. Shaddow

This forum is making me want to loaf around.

This forum is making me want to loaf around.
  7. Shaddow

Respawning Resources Trouble

@BonnieLass - I did not have any trouble extracting it or playing it once extracted. I also had a few others try it and there was no trouble. I wish I could give some more help, what is happening when you try to open it once extracted? Are you attempting to play it or open it as a project...
  8. Shaddow

MV over VXace?

I am also still using Ace, but I downloaded the trial of MV to see what I liked differently. I really like the cross platform as well as the mouse support. The resolution and integrated SV battle system are also a plus for me. I want to get MV but as of yet can't bring myself to pay that price...
  9. Shaddow

Respawning Resources Trouble

I made a playable tutorial that covers this, it has a day time system and a farming system that is based on variables and days. It may cover what you want. http://www.mediafire.com/download/c8syli9w95a6yso/Lighting_Tutorial.rar
  10. Shaddow

They really don't care. Developers that do this know that they'll have die hard fans that will...

They really don't care. Developers that do this know that they'll have die hard fans that will pay, as well as the idle rich who just buy everything anyway. Not to mention that in a thing like Roblox, they will have a whole new generation of 'fans' in a few years, so what does it matter if they...
  11. Shaddow

Sylvant (Demo v1.2 now out!)

Demo downloaded, I'm interested. The story seems somewhat generic from what I read but the characters look very like-able and the art is amazing. I might actually be in love. I will be watching this, it looks like it has a lot of potential. Edit: Okay just started but I've noticed something...
  12. Shaddow

Jump to Label constant activation

If the event is based on party size of 2 or higher, and it does not matter who is in the party. The simplest method would be to set a variable = to party size. If that variable is two or higher, you can enter; else display the message. You might just be making this overly difficult...or I am...
  13. Shaddow

Advanced Help with my Move Route/conditional branch

That is a great idea. I usually try to make my own things 'original' but that seems foolish when I'm doing things I have no skill with lol. I will check out some of these others and see if I can get some ideas or see how it was done. Thanks again Shaz.
  14. Shaddow

It has been a while since I made any sprites, but had to step away from learning code for a bit...

It has been a while since I made any sprites, but had to step away from learning code for a bit, so making the main character of my new game. It feels good.
  15. Shaddow

I considered that angle, the problem I run into at that point is the attack of the enemy. I am making the enemies attack when they are in certain X and Y vs the player, so if I make it trigger on action button, I am unsure how to proceed with the enemy's attack as well.
  16. Shaddow

Sorry didn't catch that, I am making it a parallel process, so it is always running but will only trigger once you meet the requirements. This is the event so far: Just keep in mind this is only a sample so I can test what I have as I go, so it is not complete.
  17. Shaddow

Well basically what I am trying for is a Zelda like action system. You strike the enemy, they take damage and get knocked back, if it doesn't kill them. I started using the script because I could not find a conditional branch trigger with events that checked for enemy location to be next to the...
  18. Shaddow

The () would be a good start, I didn't even think of that. I have the move routes in the common event, I was hoping that the call common event action would basically have the move route set when I made the force move happen. The reason I am doing this in a script instead of a move route was...
  19. Shaddow

Okay, Now that Shaz has kindly gotten me to understand the basics of Move Route, I am finding that what I am doing is pretty inefficient and causing a few bugs. I am hoping someone could take a look at what I am doing here and help me out. Within the event itself I have this script if...
  20. Shaddow

Creating a Move Route with a Script command

I think the global option may work for me. I'm going to give that a shot. I'd show you what I am working with, but that would be really off topic, so I will work with this global and see what can be done.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been away for awhile, but here's some new free music. This one is kind of weird or experimental and not sure how I'd classify it. But, hopefully someone will find it useful!

I'm working with Excel today, and I just hate VBA so much. It's like the designers said "How can we make a programming language that works as obtusely and inefficiently as possible?"
Beep-Beep-Motha-facka.gif

Just finished and uploaded the delivery truck base/sprite sheet. I've been steadily replacing the default assets with early modern alternatives. The air-ship for a biplane, horse-drawn wagon for a delivery truck, and next a sailboat for a steam-powered passenger liner (think of the SS Olympic and RMS Titanic).
I caught a shiny magikarp on pokemonGO today AND finally saw Detective Pikachu and it was so cute and I'm still so hype AHHHHH!!!
one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trex1930