Search results

1. Magenta-Fantasies

Direct or Indirect Player Choices in a Branching Storyline?

I am creating a game with two branching storylines that branch into three smaller storylines each. Currently, I am debating how players will progress from one storyline to another. At a certain point in the game, roughly a quarter of the way through, the storyline splits. Direct choice: Players...
  2. Magenta-Fantasies

RMMZ I need help with a (possible) JavaScript glitch

I just found nz-prism's Actor Pictures plugin, and aside from my complaint here, I am delighted with it. Not only is it free, but it has most of the functionality for displaying character portraits that I miss from Visual Novel Maker. Supposedly it can even do animations, but I am at my wit's...
  3. Magenta-Fantasies

Favorite Foods/Healing Items Affecting Characters Differently

Since many of the healing items in my game are food-based, I was wondering if there is a way to make some items affect certain characters more than others. For example, Character A’s favorite food is meat (meat heals him 50% extra), he likes fruits (fruits heal him 25% extra), is neutral to...
  4. Magenta-Fantasies

Authoress and Illustrator Diving into Game Design

Hello everyone! I'm Magenta Fantasies. I've actively shared my art and stories with the world online for well over a decade and I work full-time as a graphic designer. I'm a lifelong gamer and in recent years have become interested in game theory and game design. While I’m fairly new to game...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Unfortunately, while trying to run an app I needed (curse you, Adobe!), my laptop blacked out, so my data got wiped when I got it repaired. Stuff like facesets are saved in my drive, but my sprites now only exist as screenshots I've taken in the past :kaocry:To be fair, I'm a little relieved, since I've been feeling unsatisfied with the visual style of the character sprites, and I guess I can now revamp them?

after lot's of edits to Mike's attacks (to make it seamless with movement, no EX versions, cost 1-ups), I finally got combo skills to work. had to do a lot moving tho to get the combo list to appear where it is lol. that actually took longer than setting up the moves.
What's kind of amazing is I've been in a developmental rut for the LONGEST time but putting a music mix on of video game soundtracks and specifically hearing the VX Ace music come up and it's nostalgia of me being excited to make my first game has REALLY got me going again!
Finally finished my tiefling!
F222514F-9F32-4B97-88C3-664E8A2134C3.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siantknight1120