Search results

1. lumenacht

enemy automatically escapes when state is applied?

this is my setup. it seems like my problem. i think i've fixed it? tried turning it off and on again and messing with the core engine settings. i think what was wrong was that i had the battle system parameter on the plugin set to default instead of TPB wait, which is the battle system i'm...
  2. lumenacht

well. good news and bad news. good news is i finally figured out the source(the visustella core engine plugin), bad news i have no idea what about it broke this specific thing so. unless anyone knows which setting on this plugin could do that i have an entirely different problem than i thought i...
  3. lumenacht

The battle log says it's been applied.
  4. lumenacht

Does not appear to do anything.
  5. lumenacht

I want to have it so that when a certain state is applied to an enemy, they automatically escape from battle(in game there's a "calm" status, i want it so that when the state is applied the enemy "calms down" and the fight ends). The way I've tried to do this is by using the "state" condition...
  6. lumenacht

certain merchants can only be sold certain types of items?

Works now! Thanks so much.
  7. lumenacht

setting it up like this just greys out every item including weapons, what am i doing wrong?
  8. lumenacht

i'll keep an eye out for it then. i'd ask for a free copy for giving you the idea but i'm not sure how you'd get it to me
  9. lumenacht

cool! itd be nice if you could drop a link here when you finish it then.
  10. lumenacht

i want to have it so that merchants that only sell X type of item can only by sold X type of item in return, ie equipment vendor can only be sold equipment, item vendor can only be sold items.
  11. lumenacht

RMMZ how to make battle effects a gif instead of particle effects?

working perfectly now! hazard of buying rpgmaker a ways back and then not getting around to using it until now is that i was super behind on updates. thanks for all the help!
  12. lumenacht

that sounds exactly like what i'm looking for, but i'm not sure what you mean by new animation slot? right clicking on the slots in the database just brings up the options to copy/clear/find.
  13. lumenacht

i want to have a skill animation that is a simple picture being drawn over the enemy, which i have a gif of. ideally i'd just be able to choose my gif and play it as the effect, but since rpgmaker mz only accepts efkefc files and(i think???) those have to be particle effects i'm at a dead end...
  14. lumenacht

how to give item multiple names?

In this case I was going to use it as a characterization moment, one member of the party speaks fluent Spanish while the rest do not, so I was going to have him be the only one able to understand the shopkeeper. I did run into the exact problem you are talking about when trying to name a...
  15. lumenacht

That makes sense. I want the merchant's "personal" dialogue to be at least mostly in Spanish, but if it's going to be very difficult to implement then I probably don't have the experience to do it without accidentally crashing the game or something, lol. How about having the actual transactions...
  16. lumenacht

I want to have a shop where the merchant speaks Spanish, so everything you can buy from or sell to her has a Spanish name, but when the item is in your inventory it has an English name. Is there an easy way to do this?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Unfortunately, while trying to run an app I needed (curse you, Adobe!), my laptop blacked out, so my data got wiped when I got it repaired. Stuff like facesets are saved in my drive, but my sprites now only exist as screenshots I've taken in the past :kaocry:To be fair, I'm a little relieved, since I've been feeling unsatisfied with the visual style of the character sprites, and I guess I can now revamp them?

after lot's of edits to Mike's attacks (to make it seamless with movement, no EX versions, cost 1-ups), I finally got combo skills to work. had to do a lot moving tho to get the combo list to appear where it is lol. that actually took longer than setting up the moves.
What's kind of amazing is I've been in a developmental rut for the LONGEST time but putting a music mix on of video game soundtracks and specifically hearing the VX Ace music come up and it's nostalgia of me being excited to make my first game has REALLY got me going again!
Finally finished my tiefling!
F222514F-9F32-4B97-88C3-664E8A2134C3.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siantknight1120