Search results

1. SaburoX

[Ace] Multiple hit damage formulas?

Sorry about that. I wasn't sure what damage formulas fell under the banner of. That sounds like it could work. Thanks a lot!
  2. SaburoX

[Ace] Multiple hit damage formulas?

Hopefully I'm asking this in the right place: Let's say I have a skill like Double Attack, where the user attacks an enemy twice. Is there way to write a damage formula so that the hits do different amounts of damage? Like, for example, the second attack would be for double damage or be a...
  3. SaburoX

RMMV Region Event Triggers (GRB) Type Error

Okay so out of curiosity I wanted to see if the erase event command would cause anything to break and in the process I discovered something else strange. I make a fresh project, add three events and the plugin, the plugin plays. I then delete two of the events, save the project, and test it...
  4. SaburoX

That's sounding like it's definitely on the right track. I ran some more tests and it will load properly if there's at least one event on the map. It doesn't even have to be an event that calls the plugin. However if there are no events on the map, or there's a gap in the event list sequentially...
  5. SaburoX

Right, sorry. First off here are the plugin manager and console output error: Now, as for the other points: 1. There don't appear to be any parameters to set up in this plugin. The instructions say how to set up an event to make use of its effects but there's nothing I can modify in the...
  6. SaburoX

Hi. I'm trying to get this Region Event Triggers plugin working but on startup I'm confronted with an error that reads: TypeError Cannot read property 'pages' of null I thought it might be a conflict with another plugin in my project, but I tried turning everything else off and even put it in a...
  7. SaburoX

NPC Dialogue Shop

I worded my post poorly. What I mean is that when the variable equals 0 it looks for id 1, rather than 1 = 1. mjshi does point this out but it's something I overlooked so it's possible someone else might have this problem.
  8. SaburoX

NPC Dialogue Shop

I tried this plugin out for the first time today and had this problem. What caused it for me was the variable was looking for a shop I had not defined. It's a little counter intuitive but to call the first shop as defined by the plugin, the variable has to be set to 0 (rather than 1 as I had...
  9. SaburoX

RMMV Cross Engine, Altimit Movement, and Pick up and Throw compatibility?

I've been tinkering with Restart's Cross Engine (Itself a combination of Moghunter's Chrono Engine and Altimit Movement). The package includes Moghunter's Pick up and Throw plugin which, as the name implies, allows you to pick up and throw events, but there seems to be a conflict with Altimit...
  10. SaburoX

Damage Formula for Actor Only? [Solved]

That works. Thanks a lot.
  11. SaburoX

Is there a way to abbreviate that? It doesn't fit in the formula field as is. Also, Is "isActor" a valid ruby eval? I can't seem to find it elsewhere in the VX Ace code but googling the term sends me to MV/MZ parts of the forum.
  12. SaburoX

I want to set it up so that an actor (actor 3) draws from their MAT rather than ATK for their normal attack. I figured the formula that works for this is: a.id == 3 ? a.mat * 4 - b.def * 2 : a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 My question is this: Am I correct in thinking think that this formula, as...
  13. SaburoX

EX Parameter Growth Effect

I figured out a solution that'll solve it for me, so I figured I'd share it. Since I was already using Hime's Feature Conditions, I really just need the one state for each EX Parameter I want buffed, and then that state has multiple iterations of the parameter growth that will stack, and are...
  14. SaburoX

I had considered using Neon Black's passive skill script, but wouldn't I have to create multiple states for small increment increases?
  15. SaburoX

By default, VX Ace allows you to create skills or items with an effect that grows one of the eight "Basic" parameters (atk, def, mat, etc.) So my question is this: Is there any script that allows for items or skills to permanently grow the EX (or SP) parameters? I've looked and can't find...
  16. SaburoX

[VXACE] How do I check troop composition?

A script I'm using gives features conditions based on script formulas, and I want to make a condition that only applies when the enemy troop contains a specific enemy or enemies. I thought it might be something like '$game_troop.include?[x]' but I want to make sure I have it right.
  17. SaburoX

Forcing a conditional miss.

I'm sorry. I really should have linked it. This is the sideview I'm using. I didn't think it was relevant as it actually doesn't reference item_hit at all.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 3rd quarter annual Drifty jam! I'm always so impressed with the games people make! This time our winner dominated both categories!
jamWinners2.png
That feeling when you have an out-of-bounds error and an ai enemy exploits it to kill you
i'm getting better and i think im going to work on my magical girl game while I wait to get some stuff for my horror game. i hope you guys are having a good day
Kept making a new frame for any change I did so ended up with a gif XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoctorDeathtrap