Search results

1. Donutdude

Timed Button Input

I believe I figured out the basics on Ace, thanks to your help. I've attached my event page and will attempt to replicate it in MV. Please let me know if this looks accurate. It seems to be working just as I'd like it to. I have a separate event which sets Var 1 and Var 2 to zero. Var 1 being...
  2. Donutdude

Timed Button Input

I must be misunderstanding something here. I've attached my event page. I don't possess a ">=" button, only the "=" or the ">" ones, separately. Strangely enough, simply upon talking to the event it adds five points to the variable as opposed to one which I ordered it to. I have another event...
  3. Donutdude

Timed Button Input

Thank you for your answer! Oddly enough, I tried your method of eventing without much success. For example, say I have the button input be the 'left' button, if the character is already speaking with an event and pushing any other button, the event will fail. Also, I'm unable to set a time...
  4. Donutdude

Creating On-Screen Buttons

Intriguing. Well, all's well that ends well I suppose! Thank you so much for the help! That's two of my three problems down. One more and I'll be ready to really delve into this project! Thank you again! This thread can be marked down as answered! 
  5. Donutdude

The map size is 17x13 tiles. I believe I may have encountered the solution. When I went to the GitHub page where the plugin was posted as text, I merely went ahead and copied the text and pasted it in Notepad++ then saved that as a .js file. Even with the correct name, it was not enough...
  6. Donutdude

Timed Button Input

Hey everyone! So for my current project, I'm substituting any sort of battle system for one that instead depends on the player inputting the correct button at the correct time in order to create conditional branches which would stem from their response. For example, the down arrow flashes on...
  7. Donutdude

This appears to be an awesome plugin and I appreciate you sharing it. If you don't mind, you seem to be well familiar with the script and I was wondering if I could pick your brain about it a little more. For some reason, the buttons still aren't showing up. I saw your posts in the thread and...
  8. Donutdude

Thank you for your response! I tried out that plugin, but for some reason, the buttons aren't showing up. Also, would you happen to know if the locations of the buttons can be changed? For example, instead of hovering about the character's head, can I put them all in the corner of the screen?
  9. Donutdude

Timed Button Input plugin

Hey everyone! So for my current project, I'm substituting any sort of battle system for one that instead depends on the player inputting the correct button at the correct time in order to create conditional branches which would stem from their response. For example, the down arrow flashes on...
  10. Donutdude

Hey everyone! So my question is this: I would like to be able to create on-screen buttons which I could press with the mouse in order to interact within the game. For example, instead of pressing escape to open the menu, I'd like to push an on-screen button which would do that instead. I...
  11. Donutdude

RMMV Assistance

Thanks for your answer! The little snippet of code you gave me worked like a charm. I'll take your advice and open two other threads for my other questions. Much appreciated!
  12. Donutdude

RMMV Assistance

Hey everyone, So I had a couple of questions regarding RPG Maker MV: First and foremost, I would like a way to disable the point-and-click mouse movement capability that comes standard in RMMV. I'd still like to be able to use the mouse for selecting choices and whatnot, but I'm not a fan...
  13. Donutdude

Using MV Tiles on Ace?

Thank you for your response! For me, it was never really so much about the MV tiles themselves as it was about the size and amount of quality I could use. Oh well though, I'm sure I'll find another way to make it work without changing the editor. I just thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas to...
  14. Donutdude

Using MV Tiles on Ace?

Thank you for your response! Would you be able to direct me to one such thread which states how to go from MV to Ace please? I've found plenty of the opposite, but so far haven't found one that explains what I need. EDIT: On second thought, I'm not sure if this would be a solution. The Ace...
  15. Donutdude

Using MV Tiles on Ace?

Hey all! I was wondering how to go about using MV tiles on an Ace project. I just vastly prefer the style of MV characters and tiles over that of Ace, however I prefer the Ace system over that of MV.  The Character sets are no problem as they can match Ace just fine. But the tiles are...
  16. Donutdude

Minor Issue with Modern Algebra's Message Options

Hi everyone! I'm having a small problem with Modern Algebra's Message Options script. I'm attempting to use the Message Size and Position option of having the message box appear over the event. I have fit_window_to_message set as true. And I use the the message commands: \et[x] in order to...
  17. Donutdude

Problem with displaying Diagonal Sprites

Never mind all! I figured it out.
  18. Donutdude

Unfortunately the XAS ABS diagonal movement does not seem to work correctly. For example, it doesn't always show the correct directional sprite for the direction I'm moving. Thank you so very much for the help though Sunset. Does anyone else know a way to fix this error?:
  19. Donutdude

Thanks Sunset! I'm able to start the game now, however when I try to swing the weapon, it gives me the same error as above.  :|
  20. Donutdude

Hi Sunset, I tried as you recommended: Disabling DASH_SYSTEM and PLAYER_DIAGONAL_MOVEMENT; and also placed Victor's Base Module and the Diagonal Movement script above the XAS ABS scripts, but I can't start the game without an error which says:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I watched this youtube video of this reporter that went to a Flat Earth Conference. And there was just a whole lot of stupid in one room.
What?! You want 2 more hours of a playthrough? Well you got it! Come hang out with us while we dive even deeper into the awesome game Kindred Novel by BirdBunch! :LZSjoy:
Well, shoot. I didn't mean for the title screen to be there in my previous post.
Can everyone here just forget about that until I'm actually ready to formally announce it?
No idea what do do with this space, nor how to fill it even if I did xD
smg.PNG
Making progress. And simplifying.
jV7qfoy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scary_Lemon