Search results

1. RMMV Is there any command that can check what face is currently applied on an actor?

So in my game, I was looking at changing actor faces with states. I found this forum that gave me the command using yanfly's buffs and states core to change the face for the actor when states are applied. One of my actors ages throughout the game so I plan on using the change actor images...
  2. RMMV Using Yanfly's buffs and states core and animated sv characters to change the sprite of an enemy when affected by a state.

Yup for the most part. The one weird issue is that for 1 frame it shows the entire sprite sheet for the enemy and after that frame it is using the changed sprite.
  3. RMMV How do I change the opacity of the battle log window at the start of the battle?

Ok I'm currently dying laughing rn because I fixed the typo and then I realized one of my attacks that made the window appear didn't make it appear anymore and then I thought "what if the C is actually what makes it show up?" So I tried it... and for some reason all of my skills that use it work...
  4. RMMV Using Yanfly's buffs and states core and animated sv characters to change the sprite of an enemy when affected by a state.

After a little more research I found out that yanfly already added a new property for checking the sv sprites. I found that on this forum. After a little bit of extra scripting onto the example they gave I've got a pretty solid way to change the sv sprites for enemies. Now my giant mess of notes...
  5. RMMV How do I change the opacity of the battle log window at the start of the battle?

I got the plugin from this forum: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/target-name-in-battle-log.138279/#post-1199938 This is the js I have in my version:
  6. RMMV Using Yanfly's buffs and states core and animated sv characters to change the sprite of an enemy when affected by a state.

So I wanted to make it so that when an enemy is affected with a state, their sprite would change. I would use the sideview sprites to animate the enemy but I want that sprite to change to a different one when the state is applied. I used the buffs and states core to change the actor faces when...
  7. RMMV How do I change the opacity of the battle log window at the start of the battle?

So I wanted my battle log to look more like a window so I looked around and found a "half solution" I guess which basically makes the window appear once something is written in it by going into the rpg_windows.js file and changing the opacity to 255. What I want is the window to appear...
  8. RMMV The removeState command is undefined using Shaz's State Add/Remove Commands plugin.

Yeah that ended up working. I tried doing that earlier but without the "user." part of the command and it wouldn't work. Thanks! That was an easier fix than I made it out to be.
  9. RMMV The removeState command is undefined using Shaz's State Add/Remove Commands plugin.

2 more reasons I thought could be affecting this would be the fact that state 5 isn't currently in effect so maybe I need to have the command check if that state is applied, or maybe my plugins are ordered incorrectly.
  10. RMMV The removeState command is undefined using Shaz's State Add/Remove Commands plugin.

So idk if I'm being a complete idiot right now or what but if I use the "onadd: removeState(5)" command trying to remove the 5th state when a state is being applied everytime that state is applied it gives an error saying that "removeState is undefined". Like I said, I'm probably being stupid...
  11. RMMV Can I make a skill use %2 to show the target's name in the message?

So after a bit more testing, I discovered that when one of my enemies was using an attack that targeted multiple people it gave me the error again. I also changed the opacity of battle log window in the rpg_windows.js folder but the plugin also seems to change that back to the default 0. Anyone...
  12. RMMV Can I make a skill use %2 to show the target's name in the message?

Yup that worked. I think I tried putting it above plugins just trying to make my plugin list look nicer. Thx!
  13. RMMV Can I make a skill use %2 to show the target's name in the message?

I was trying to find something that would allow me to use some sort of variable to show a the name of the target of a skill. I found this, which worked for a bit but once I started adding more plugins from other things it stopped working and gave a similar error that CardWielder received at the...
  14. RMMV Is there any way to align the battle log to the center?

I wanted to make a little edit to my battle log so the text would align to the center rather than the left. I wanted to see if there was something I could do to make that happen. The only 2 plugins I could see possibly being an issue with anything else would be SRDude's Battle Log Upgrade and...
  15. RMMV Is there any way to have name input processing affect multiple actors?

Thx so much! The character is meant to age through the game but I was thinking about changing classes so they would have different skills throughout the game so I think I will go with the changing class/actor images. Thx for the other advice as well.
  16. RMMV Is there any way to have name input processing affect multiple actors?

Hey I was just wondering if there was any way I could make a name input processing command that would change 4 different actors to have that name in game (Actors: 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004). I'm fairly new to RPG Maker so idk if there's a simple answer for that. If there happens to be no way to do...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Going live in 10 for Rise of the Third Power! Come and join me for ridiculous and inconsistent character voices, banter, the drinking of Irn Bru, the eating of cookies and wine gums, and possibly a dog! Twitch
holymothergames.png
Teen Rousalie! by @hyenakat
Having sweet eight hours dedicated ONLY to devving, so what do I do? :kaoswt:

SIX HOURS: Watch Resident Evil boss fight videos
TWO HOURS: Dev

All things come from God tho, sooo... procrastination = divine!:kaoluv: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I officially declare today "test play day." I'm going to waste the whole day playing video games, which isn't a shock to anybody, but hopefully today I'll play my own and figure out what still needs fixin's.
Empty Bottles and Health Extenders are now a thing.
Also the Sling-Shot does damage to enemies now, but not a lot and you won't get gold from killing them that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EpiAureum