Search results

1. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

I already have it solved for DTB, but it requires a Yanfly plugin (Battle Status Window) to work. What you suggest basically means that people toward the bottom of the character list cannot select dualtechs, which I considered an undesirable outcome. I was looking for a solution that didn't...
  2. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

Among my concerns in the true DTB: - Either only the characters at the TOP of the lineup can activate dualtechs, or characters at the bottom of the lineup will "stomp" the commands you already gave the people at the top of the lineup. - If you take the "stomping" solution, then that issue...
  3. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

No, I've considered it, and the DTB is not a good choice of battle system for turn-linked dualtechs. The Battle Status Window changes the battle system just enough to make it feasible, and even then I wound up tweaking it further (having the Dualtech plugin slightly changes how the BSW DBT works.)
  4. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

I don't presently have MZ. If I get MZ in the future, there's a good chance. I don't plan to look at every single plugin that exists to check that it's compatible and add compatibility - just too many out there! - but perhaps if I understood the problem better I could give it a try.
  5. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

... I thought I did. I must have been thinking of another plugin's topic.
  6. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

I hate doing it, but I was warned about linking to my shop - even in my own topics - in the past and now I'm just trying to avoid more of that.
  7. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

I've been ordered not to link to it because of advertising rules or something. But... well, I'm not exactly denying what studwb22 suggests.
  8. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

It IS available. Just not here any more.
  9. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

Strange, skill names should work. Well, unless you have more than one skill with the exact same name; that might throw the plugin off. Well, as long as you got it working by ID number...
  10. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

And there's nothing I can do about it without more information than that. Just by looking at what the error is and where it occurred, my best guess would be that there's a dualtech trying to refer to a component skill that does not actually exist, but with just the one screenshot that's really...
  11. HeroicJay

Jay's Battle VA Manager (voice acting), with Yanfly Action Sequence compatibility, version 1.0

I answered that question elsewhere and didn't realize it had popped up here too. And my answer is the same: I might consider adding a level-up tag in the future, but the others were intended to be covered by Action Sequences.
  12. HeroicJay

Jay's Variable Mix BGM Manager Version 1.0.2

Strictly speaking, I don't support this plugin so much as its successor (which I have been instructed not to link directly to on this forum, as it's not a free plugin.) For reference, the name of the successor plugin is "Soundtrack Manager". You're still allowed to use the Variable Mix BGM...
  13. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

I would recommend either setting the dualtech as a component to itself (with a 50 TP cost) or using different components (they can be hidden from the player.) There is no functionality currently in place to override skill costs for the sake of the dualtech (and it is unlikely to happen; skill...
  14. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

While it's something, that's still not enough information. Describe for me how the dualtechs for Homer are set up and which character used it when this bug happened? And if you get errors, what is the error? Due to the way code works, it's possible that the error is actually somewhere else but...
  15. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

OTB? Anyway, it should be compatible with ALL battle systems that use the same skill system as the default, though I can't vouch for every single one. However, linked turns are only compatible with SOME battle systems, all of them by Yanfly - linked turns cannot even be used by the default...
  16. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

Please provide some more information. What battle system are you using? Which version of the plugin do you have?
  17. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

I'm continuing this in a private conversation. I only have one idea what might have caused it at this point - and it's a long shot.
  18. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

Ah, that's what I'm testing with. Sorry, I could replicate your problem by deliberately passing a "null" (read: nonexistent) skill into drawNonDualSkillCost, confirming my original hunch about what's happening... but I have no clue as to why it's getting a bad skill from where I'm sitting. Is...
  19. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

I don't need all the "SceneManager" lines and the stuff between them, but better too much than too little. I'm still stumped, but I can poke at it some more. A thought did occur to me: what version of YEP_SkillCore do you have? I didn't even consider before now that the issue could be in there...
  20. HeroicJay

Jay's Dual Tech system

Hm, I don't see anything like that in 2.0. I can't remember if I have any 1.1 copies lying around, but I'll poke around my files. EDIT: I do, and no repro in 1.1 either. Can you bring up the debugger and get the full call stack? Debugger is on F8 (if you're playing in Debug mode). Just bring it...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl
Have you ever been in such a luck streak you felt fear something was wrong?
I'm going to be adding in combat animations, revamping the UI and putting in a new cutscene this week, so this is your last chance to play the MC:RIS demo in its original form! Say you were there since the beginning! https://qos.itch.io/infinite-sadness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c100note