Search results

1. maliyana

RMMV Getting Yanfly's Limited Skill Use to Allow Unlimited Use for Unique Battlers

I'm using Yanfly's Limited Skill Uses plugin and wanted to know how to allow individual actors/enemies to have unlimited use of a specific skill (ie. Skill Fire Blaster is limited to a few uses for every actor and enemy, except actor Jimbo, who can use it as many times as he wants.)
  2. maliyana

RMMV How to Draw Icons on Yanfly's Visual HP Gauges?

The short of it is that my game has specific types of enemies and I would like their health bars from Yanfly's script to append the appropriate icons underneath it. Here's a (very) rough mockup of what I'm going for:
  3. maliyana

RMMV Fully customizable Battle Status Menu that works well with Custom Gauges

I'm trying to find at least two plugins that can do what I want for battle statuses: A battle status plugin that allows to completely change every aspect of the window. Essentially, I should be able to change the bars' placement and size, remove displayed text and values, etc. The other...
  4. maliyana

RMMV Using Yanfly's Second Chance Trick with HP Degeneration (ie. Poison)

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Second_Chance_(MV_Plugin_Tips_%26_Tricks) In my game, I have "Knockout by Slip Damage" turned on, but also I have a state that prevents big attacks from lowering a characters HP below 75%, 50%, 25% and 1 point. However, if a character is inflicted with a Status...
  5. maliyana

RMMV Yanfly's Map Select Skill does literally nothing

I just cannot get this plugin to work. I've even tried it on a new file. I select a spell, which is supposed to trigger a common event that makes rain appear. Nothing. I've tried changing the scope multiple times, from ally to enemy to none. No difference.
  6. maliyana

RMMV Issues with Yanfly's Counter Control

I'm having two problems with this plugin. My setup is to have a party member use a skill that gives them a state, which allows them to evade and counter a single attack. The first problem is when an enemy attacks the party member, the player evades and counters, as expected. However, the enemy...
  7. maliyana

RMMV Himeworks Equip Slots Core Error when characters have differing slots

I'm using Himeworks Equip Slots Core and Yanfly's Level Up Growth Effects. I have a custom leveling effect that adds a slot after each level up, placed in each actor's notes: <Custom Level Up Effect> if (actor.level <= 41) { actor.addEquipSlot(5) } </Custom Level Up Effect> Starting a new...
  8. maliyana

RMMV Chrono Cross style skills

So I want to be able to make a skill system in my game similar to that of Chrono Cross' skill system. In summation, in Chrono Cross, characters have spells called elements. They can find these elements as if they are items and equip them to any character they so chose. In battle, each element...
  9. maliyana

RMMV CTB style battle system with icons based on number of turns

I'm looking for a CTB battle system plugin that shows the battler icons based on who gets the next turn, but also shows the same battler's icon multiple time when appropriate. For example, if an actor and enemy have the same speed, the icons will show: actor-enemy-actor-enemy However, if the...
  10. maliyana

RMMV Pokemon's Attract Move

Basically, I'm looking for a plugin that will make a character untargettable if they use the Attract skill on a character of the opposite gender. I've got the genders as states, so that isn't an issue. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Attract_(move)
  11. maliyana

Threads of Fate style stat increase

In the PS1 game Threads of Fate, your character does not level up, but rather gains max HP from taking damage, and max MP from using magic. I'm not sure what the exact formula is, but I believe if you take accumulative damage equivalent to >60% of your max health, your max HP increases by 1...
  12. maliyana

Moghunter's Menu Background is not displaying background in main menu

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-menu-background/ If I enter any of my sub-menus(items, status, options, etc.), the background is visible, but for whatever reason, the main "Scene_Menu" doesn't show the background. I've tried disabling most of my other plugins with no results.
  13. maliyana

Adding additional windows to Yanfly's Common Event Menu

Title says it all. Specifically, I want to make a common event menu that uses the 4 windows provided by the plugin AND show three additional windows that display various variables. I am aware that the provided windows can display the variables, but for aesthetic reasons, I want them on separate...
  14. maliyana

Using Yanfly's Party Switch as a turn

Simply put, I want to make it so that when the player switches out a party member for another, that party member would have used up their turn. For example, I swap out Billy for Karen, Karen would have to wait till after the enemy attacks to make a move. The plugin...
  15. maliyana

Placing Battlers on the Left Side?

I'm using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core in RMMV, and can't figure out how to swap the positions of the enemy troops and the actors. I was able to move the actors to the left of the screen, but I couldn't get them to face toward the right. Any suggestions? EDIT: Here is Yanfly's script...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update on the Unity thing: I had to redo all my map graphics for Unity because the originals were from XP, but it actually looks so much better now in Unity, so I genuinely might make the switch.
Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asinthew