Search results

1. XinChao

New Idea to construct new programming language for newbie (N+)

As you know I am a newbie in programming as I progress learning, I find many things do not make sense often cause confusion for me. So, here I will save all what cause confusions in the programming language that could have done better to avoid. I save this so someday If I am  capable of create a...
  2. XinChao

Looking for utilities does enemies and actors stat calculation.

I'm looking for utilities or program does calculation of enemies and actors  damage...etc. Example, utilities where you put the Actors stat Weapon stat Skill stat ...etc. And then put in Enemy stat ...etc. Then do the calculation to see how much (actor stats + weapon + cast skill) does...
  3. XinChao

Can anyone explain this method.

def make_command_list end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Add Command # name : Command name # symbol : Corresponding symbol # enabled : Activation state flag # ext : Arbitrary extended data...
  4. XinChao

Database guide

Im looking database guide which explain database feature such as param, rate, damage formula etc.
  5. XinChao

Scripters vs Artists

I just take a look at the forum and the number of posts in scripting sub forum double the posts in resources. In sort of artists?
  6. XinChao

What would you like your main character be?

Male = Smart, cunning, pure heart, dumb, weak often require additional helps, very strong as warrior leader...etc? Female = Smart, naive, slow, weak, strong...etc?
  7. XinChao

Learn skills.

Ok, I am trying to write a script where actor learn skill from the item. For example, you got the book and you want to learn by read that book.  I know you can do that by add learn skill or by call a common event. What I can't do is how to make the item can only be consumed specific to the...
  8. XinChao

How do I turn green background to transparency.

Trying to delete the green background, quick way.
  9. XinChao

Cut scene sprite animation.

Looking for a script that let me make sprite swinging a sword during cut scene. Look at Falcao ABS where sprites can do several actions without having to make many sprites sheets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQaQbgmFa4 I am looking for is NOT a battle engine but script you can make sprite...
  10. XinChao

How do I move text box by scripting?

Im wondering.
  11. XinChao

Anyone knows how to type Vietnamese in RMVXace

Does anyone knows?
  12. XinChao

Small project recruiting for writer.

I'm working on small project and looking for writer. Below are screenshots. If you're interested, contact me.
  13. XinChao

Chest Item Popup

There is this script, iItem Popup by Nicke I can't get it to work. Anyone is using the script and got it working? http://pastebin.com/hrRHXxxm
  14. XinChao

What do you like to do the most when making your games?

What I like to do; Mapping (I like mapping) Eventing (I like the most, however, It became tedious when you have to test the events over and over) Scritping (learning how to script) Design characters and title screen (not a good pixel artist but I enjoyed to spent hours to make custom...
  15. XinChao

Class and Method

Ok, here is the code which is very confuse to me. So, you have the class Die. Inside the class you have method roll. Then you create an array with two Die class as values. Then you use each method and do loop to print out the the values. Which confuse me is when you create and empty class...
  16. XinChao

Type of Loops what they do?

For some reasons, I still not so clear with each type of loops. There are more than one type of loops and they all seem can perform the same thing. What I don't understand is the distinctive of each type?
  17. XinChao

Bug; Crash when eventing

I am using the Ace trial version. Ace kept crashing every time I tried to edit the existing event. Sometimes, the event commands do not appear in event sheet.
  18. XinChao

Learning Ruby with RGSS

Wonder if there is a site or a book that teaches Ruby with RGSS. It would be an interested way to learn Ruby.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update on the Unity thing: I had to redo all my map graphics for Unity because the originals were from XP, but it actually looks so much better now in Unity, so I genuinely might make the switch.
Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yamilonewolf