Search results

1. EatYourBeetS

Spawning event with a parallel process/move route

Hello everyone! I wanted to add to my game some enemies who can shoot projectiles. To do this I have created a database map with all the different kind of bullets stored as events, then I copy them to the current map with this method: The main problem is that I can't call it within a parallel...
  2. EatYourBeetS

How to increase max system stack?

Hi! In one of my games I need to check an area within dynamic borders and add it to a table, I'm using a recursive method: It works well enough until the area to check exceeds a certain value, in that case a SystemStackError is raised, I'm sure that this method is not repeated infinitely, so...
  3. EatYourBeetS

EatYourBeetS Jump Script

EatYourBeetS Jump Script v 1.0.3 Introduction This script allow you to jump any time by pressing a button, you can set Jump Button, Jump Se, and delay between jumps, as well as regions and terrain tag which are always "unjumpable" however the script already recognize most of the impassable...
  4. EatYourBeetS

Check skill/item target during scene_battle

Hi everyone, how can I access the target of a skill during Scene_Battle? I'm modifying Yanfly Visual Battlers(https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/visual-battlers/), I wanted for the actor to step forward only if the target is an enemy, and remaining still while guarding...
  5. EatYourBeetS

PickPocket script

Hi everyone, I thought about a mechanics I added some time ago to my game, a pickpocketing system, it was really ugly, lots of lines of setup for each event, so I decided to turn it into a script, I changed this into this: I am pretty satisfied with the result, so I thought I'd...
  6. EatYourBeetS

Help with scene manager call

Hello everybody! I created this method to be called from the damage formula of one item The damage formula passes target, minimum value, maximum value and item id. It all works quite good until the Wait part, it neither waits for an input nor returns to scene item, if I removed  the while...
  7. EatYourBeetS

Making miss deal (a little) damage

Hello! While playtesting my game I noticed my attacks missed a lot of times, even with just 5% chance to miss, I think a streak of bad luck, which is strangely likely to happen, would probably anger the player. I'd like to have every missing attack deal a certain amount of damage for example...
  8. EatYourBeetS

Increasing weather effect

Hi everyone! Can you please tell me how does the weather effect work? Snow in particular, I tried increasing the power in the default script: #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Set Weather Intensity...
  9. EatYourBeetS

Use of copyrighted material

Hello! I've searched a lot, but I haven't found anything clear enough about it yet, can I use a copyrighted song in one of my game sequences (Provided that I'll give credit and the game will be completely non commercial)?
  10. EatYourBeetS

Face for a character

Hello everybody! Could anyone please make me a face for this character?   Here's a "reference", if it can be of any help: I am not able to create a full helm from scratch while making it look cool enough  >_> , any help is greatly appreciated  :)
  11. EatYourBeetS

Adding stats to actors

Hello everyone!  I would want to add some extra stats (mhp2, mmp2, atk2, def2, mat2, mdf2, agi2, luk2), each  bound to an actor id, so that I could call them with $game_actors[actor_id].atk2 .  These stats would then be changed only using map events, so I just need to declare them (I think)...
  12. EatYourBeetS

[Ace] Stealing from NPCs

Hi there! This is my first post, I'm pretty sure I chose the right section, if not, I'm really sorry. I managed to create a script which lets the main character steal gold or items from NPCs, This is the common event: so I would only assign each NPC an "attention level" value, and then call...
  13. EatYourBeetS

Well met!

Hello everyone, my nick is EatYourBeetS, I'm Italian, I've bought rpg maker about 2 weeks ago, and I am having fun with it. :) I'm looking forward to improve my code and event scripting (I'm a bit used to C++ language, but Ruby is completely new to me :(  ), so I used this forum as reference...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Map025.png

The second settlement you'll visit in my newest game. The small village of Teytal.
sketch 4 an opening cinematic in my gameeee >:]
Untitled_Artwork_16.jpg
oh god how do I add pictures on here it keeps saying i need a link <--( suddenly forgot how technology works )
avery wip.png

"i have to work in like 5 hours ... let's start the main character's face set"
--me, an adult for the past 20 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rehnstillnight