Search results

1. Crispy-Ghee

Art feedback

Just to add on a little bit! Here are also some notes, mostly on making the drawing feel like it has a little more form:  Try to think of things in terms of 3D shapes and it'll add a lot more depth to your drawing. This was a super quick sketch (studio's closing for the night, had to do...
  2. Crispy-Ghee

Crispy Art

Thanks so much!  I actually really like doing both. I love drawing characters in a really cartoony style (maybe because my day job requires me to paint a lot of realistic stuff, or paint other peoples designs), but I also really enjoy painting. I'm getting way more into painting backgrounds...
  3. Crispy-Ghee

Been working furiously on a game for a game jam that's due early tomorrow, and I have a good...

Been working furiously on a game for a game jam that's due early tomorrow, and I have a good chunk to finish. Forgot entirely that I had an appointment to get a wisdom tooth out, and now I'm worrying that I'll be too out of it to do my work tonight.  Welp. Maybe I'll work through the pain. 
  4. Crispy-Ghee

Crispy Art

Thanks for the really kind words you guys! I appreciate it :) Thanks! I like details that tell little stories. They're my favorite things to add when I'm doing a big illustration. Here's a dump of stuff. I've been really busy these past few weeks (working on non-RPG Maker games haha) so...
  5. Crispy-Ghee

ObsidianTrance Arte

Lovely stuff! I really like the woman's face in the first piece in particular. Very soft. I can definitely see the Amano in it. 
  6. Crispy-Ghee

How could I make a anime?

Have you ever animated before? 
  7. Crispy-Ghee

An RPG Maker eZine: "Advanced RPG Maker"

Excellent resource and some nice reads in these issues! Good job, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this; thanks for putting the time in. 
  8. Crispy-Ghee

How could I make a anime?

I think that it's really cool that you have aspirations--that's how people learn to do things, regardless of their project's success.  An actual anime, even a very short one in the gravity falls example above, take a LOT of time to do. That clip up there was storyboarded, rough animated, the...
  9. Crispy-Ghee

Fun with Colors

Ah, I think i'm seeing it a little bit better after some squinting. That's actually a shoulder--it wasn't easy for me to tell at first glance, thanks for the help there. I can't always assume things by looking at them haha 
  10. Crispy-Ghee

Thanks so much for the interest!! The avatar is actually from a graphic novel I'm working on...

Thanks so much for the interest!! The avatar is actually from a graphic novel I'm working on, but the cover image is a piece of concept art (maybe cut scene art) for the game, yes.  I don't have anything really showable right now because I want to make sure I can get the fight system working...
  11. Crispy-Ghee

Thanks! I'm keeping it basic turn-based and making sure to introduce the concepts slowly to the...

Thanks! I'm keeping it basic turn-based and making sure to introduce the concepts slowly to the players. ((The only real difference here is the introduction of dual tech-type skills, as well as the introduction of certain skills and buffs dependent on 1) the characters in your party, and 2)...
  12. Crispy-Ghee

Designing the battle system and quest trees for my game. Flying by the seat of my pants. The...

Designing the battle system and quest trees for my game. Flying by the seat of my pants. The breeze is exhilarating.
  13. Crispy-Ghee

Create Relationship System with Variables

This is so relevant to what I'm doing right now! Thanks so much for posting this, it really cuts down on some time I would've spent trying to concept some thoughts out. I'll definitely try this out today. 
  14. Crispy-Ghee

May Goals & Progress Thread

@jaypee Congrats on finishing your first minigame project! Getting things from start to finish is always hard work. And as for your comment, Well, everyone should be commended for making a game in their spare time, I just wanted to call out the people who have exams and final projects that they...
  15. Crispy-Ghee

Composers & Musicians! What would you like to learn?

I think something interesting to look into would be sort of the building blocks of making a good looping theme. Things like world map themes that would presumably play for extended periods while someone is playing a game. I feel like there's a real art behind that kind of stuff and if there are...
  16. Crispy-Ghee

Crispy Art

@Juliastorybored Ah, thank you! I love doing characters >0< Being able to do fun characters is why I want to make an RPG  @shushcat Thanks so much!  Nothing much this week--I've been really busy writing :S I have some sketches but I haven't scanned anything in yet.  For now have some...
  17. Crispy-Ghee

Fun with Colors

I'm willing to try to help you out here! My only question is that I have some confusion over what's happening in the area behind the neck--I inked over your initial lines for some clarity, but I don't want to do anything you don't want back here:  And this is to be a bust portrait, yes? ...
  18. Crispy-Ghee

May Goals & Progress Thread

I'm really amazed at the amount of people who are still in school who still work hard to make their games. It's really inspiring to me, you guys rock. I barely made it through college alive, I can't imagine trying to do that and focusing on a creative endeavor at the same time.  It's halfway...
  19. Crispy-Ghee

Crispy Art

Concept stuff and a turnaround for my webcomic Desendi. 
  20. Crispy-Ghee

console.log() is the best script!

Thanks for the info! This is going to be super useful in really getting to understand the RPG Maker engine code. This is great

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My hand hurts from holding the pen for so many hours none stop...:kaocry:
Froggo32 wrote on Soulrender's profile.
I have to ask, who's on your pfp? The character really reminds me of Edgeworth from Ace Attorney lol. I'm really curious.

I'm trying to port L10nMV.js into XP, may probably (because this is my toy project in hobby) coming to XP, VX, VXA.

Learn more about L10nMV.js : https://github.com/Creta5164/L10nMV.js
L10nMV.js forum post : https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...r-game-without-modifying-your-project.120813/
Here's a gif of the reflection. Ace has some pretty cool sprite effects.
cYtUgp8.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaos_Prince87