Search results

1. RMMV Dragonbones Display index issue (Kelyep DB, and Olivia Dragonbones Event Pictures)

Hello! I'm having an issue where my dragonbones animation is working properly in the editor, but when I import it into my game the blinking eye animations dont work. I believe that I have isolated it to the fact that I am using the display index within the animation to change the "Eyelid" mesh...
  2. Best inventory screen?

I'm looking for some inspiration for a good inventory screen. Does anyone know (or better yet can share a screenshot) of an rpgmaker game that made a really slick, cool, functional or creative inventory screen? Thanks!
  3. RMMV add skills to status menu?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place! Please advise and I will move it... Does anyone know how I can add the skills page to the status menu? I can access the skills menu from the main menu, but I can't figure out a way to add it as a submenu of the status menu. This is a bummer...
  4. advantage of eventing over javascript?

General question: Is there any advantage to using common events over javascript functions? I don't mean that to be snarky at all, my coding background is in VBA with Microsoft products (which I think is somewhat analagous to RPGMaker and Javascript). By default I try to use built in...
  5. first person weapon animation

I am evolving my combat system and wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to implement a first person weapon animation. I'm using first person combat in MV and I have all of the Yanfly plugins. What I'm looking for is this: *Player attacks with a weapon and you get an animation (3 - 9...
  6. RMMV Am I misunderstanding javascript/variables?

I have some code in a custom plugin where I place a bunch of arrays in $gameVariables but my code seems to replace all of the variables with the last array instead of placing them in sequentially. Pseudo code: -make a temp array with a bunch of 0's in it -make a variable (intVariableID) with...
  7. Reference specific sprite index

The default sprites seem to 4 directions (Up, down, left, right) with 3 different steps. This is pretty inefficient for door/chest animations though because we are essentially reproducing the same image 3 times for each "direction". Then when we do the door animations we just turn the stepping...
  8. RMMV Yanfly Quest Journal Title colors (batch assign all Titles to a color?)

Hopefully this is a quick fix... Trying to get all of my Journal titles to be black (color 15), but they are showing up as white unless I mark each individual title with the color code. Is there a way to batch all of the Journal titles as black? I have included "\c[15]" in my Type Text format...
  9. Game Development Podcasts?

Hi all, One of the things that I really like doing in my pseudo-spare-time (driving, washing dishes, etc) is listening to Game Development podcasts. Occasionally I get good advice and ideas for working on my game, but if nothing else it just helps to keep me focused on my project and remind...
  10. Sprite Animation Critique Please

Hi, I'm trying to add in some custom sprites and could really use some constructive criticism. I made this by modifying some existing sprite generators and the animation just looks really bad in my opinion. Specifically, I'm trying to make the character look like he's walking but instead it...
  11. Change/Move/Resize Default Message Box (Position, Size) in MV

I'm trying to do something that I think should be relatively simple: change the default Message Box's position and size (the x, y location and length/width). I have the YEP and Galv message plugins but those don't seem to offer an option to change the default message box position or adjust...
  12. "Confusion" Skill -> "Distarcted" State Help!

Hi, This seems like it should be really easy but I'm having trouble with it despite watching all of the video tutorials and google searches I can muster. I'm trying to have an enemy uses a skill "Confusion" that puts the player in a "Distracted" state, and the state should make the player...
  13. Dynamic Enemy Battler Names (from Variables)

Hi RPG Maker community. Does anyone know if you can make an enemy name "dynamic"? In other words, I would like to name an enemy from a variable, so I would have variable 51 be "JimBob" and then I would name enemy battler "\v[51]". This actually works when it says the enemy attacks "JimBob...
  14. Animated Blinking Eyes for Front-View Battler? swapping battler image with parallel event during battle

I'm using a front-view Battle system and trying to get my enemy sprites to blink their eyes every so often when they are idle. I'm open to using a plugin (have most of the Yanfly ones) if that can work but so far I haven't found out how to do it. Here's what I'm doing so far: In a battle event...
  15. Remove Blinking Damage Effect in Battle

Hi All, I'm trying to remove the blinking/shaking effect from the enemy's sprite when it receives damage (in Front View Battle) but cannot figure it out. Been searching in the forums here and on Google with no luck. I have the Yanfly Battle Engine Core, Action Sequences and Animated Sideview...
  16. Movement Route Scripting Tips

These might be super basic, but they helped me out a lot so I wanted to offer them here in case it was helpful to others. The first tip I got from @caethyril which is that if you are going to use scripts in a movement route, you can put them all in a single script entry in the movement route...
  17. Dynamic Event Pictures by Movement Route

Hi, So I have some NPCs (events) with dynamic pictures based on a variable. I have the picture set to blank in the event itself, but then the movement route sets the picture on each event page with this script: $gameMap.event(this._eventId).setImage('maids', $gameVariables.value(481)); This...
  18. Movement route script problem-pls help!

Hi, I have an RPG Maker MV game with an event "Maid" character who at a certain time walks toward the exit and fades out (leaves). For some reason, the event moves to the exit properly, but the switch won't activate. I have the exact same code on another event and it works properly. Any help...
  19. RMMV display variables within variables

Hi All, I'm trying to generate text for dialogue in a script that includes NPC names stores as variables, but when I set a message to a text variable that includes a variable reference, the program just prints the variable reference name, rather than the content. So for example: I want this =...
  20. making repeatable event enter map through one door and exit another

i'm trying to make an NPC appear as if they leave one door, walk to another door and exit. While the event/NPC is moving, I would like the PC to be able to interact with the event with the action button. I set this up using switches and can get this to work once, but when I reset the switches...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Enig and Riley.png
Each area of my game acts sort of like a level of sorts. These 3 are the bosses of the first area. Called Team Outcast, there's Riley, Mary Mars McQueen (Triple M), and Enig. A trio of wanna be super heroes.
hQopibt.gif

Now with animated hair~
This could be useful...
I made a menu option that pulls a (accurate) version of the world map from my game instead of having a "traditional" world map. How did I do?

1656552400614.png

..Every time after I edit it and repost it I find a new tiny error I made. :kaodes:
1656550526125.png
Town Design is the best part of an RPG. Well, that and dungeon design

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evanjocobs