Search results

1. Onomotopoeia

Shaz, extermination of pests, I believe...

Shaz, extermination of pests, I believe...
  2. Onomotopoeia

32x32, 16x16, 48x48, How will they all work together in the new RPG Making environment?

I actually checked with a sample doodle; it makes far, far, far, FAR less digital artifacting, if any, from shrinking a large pic rather than stretching a small one. If I ever get into making pixel tiles, battlers, and face sets, I'm sure I'd almost always prefer to go large and then shrink to fit.
  3. Onomotopoeia

I have this too. My cat Samantha just wants to take over my lap ... when I allow her. Maybe I've...

I have this too. My cat Samantha just wants to take over my lap ... when I allow her. Maybe I've just got that special massage technique....
  4. Onomotopoeia

32x32, 16x16, 48x48, How will they all work together in the new RPG Making environment?

^ True, that. (I had suspected all along, it's how pro-tilers like Ayene-chan do their tilesets, as well...)
  5. Onomotopoeia

Building a GOOD desktop!

Back in the 'day, I mean the late 80s to early 90s, I was getting mail-order catalogs for electronics parts because I had it in mind to build a 80286-based PC. Those magazine retailers like Jameco and others were my go-to for looking up cases and components. Nowadays, due to the prominence of...
  6. Onomotopoeia

Meanwhile, back at @GrandmaDeb's original post....~ I see one potential issue of the OP that wasn't perhaps answered or even discussed. That of mixing tileable sizes within a project. From my perspective and in my own development of a game engine and editor, I see the potential result of the...
  7. Onomotopoeia

Ugh. That moment when family isn't arguing directly, but instead grumble about each other's...

Ugh. That moment when family isn't arguing directly, but instead grumble about each other's problems....
  8. Onomotopoeia

A little late for this, but ... isn't it always better to find bugs than not? This is what...

A little late for this, but ... isn't it always better to find bugs than not? This is what testers or testing is for?
  9. Onomotopoeia

A link in an email? Safely ignorable. Unlike my sister, who in her case was getting the...

A link in an email? Safely ignorable. Unlike my sister, who in her case was getting the "Microsoft phone call" every couple days....
  10. Onomotopoeia

... In the case of an RM game, it would be like first deciding what the final boss is, then...

... In the case of an RM game, it would be like first deciding what the final boss is, then deciding which lieutenants, minions, and support characters this opponent would have, for our adventuring heroes to fight through. Might not always work out as such; but I'm of the mind that battle...
  11. Onomotopoeia

All things considered, on "final battle flow", we could take a page from writers of...

All things considered, on "final battle flow", we could take a page from writers of episodic/serialized television, books, and movies. In other words, "start with the ending, and reverse-engineer how to get there through the story."
  12. Onomotopoeia

A character generator? Sounds interesting...

A character generator? Sounds interesting...
  13. Onomotopoeia

... translation, please?

... translation, please?
  14. Onomotopoeia

What's the fastest ship in sci-fi history ;-)

:distrust:  ... :O   Maybe that's what powers those things... lol  
  15. Onomotopoeia

What's the fastest ship in sci-fi history ;-)

Theoretically, the question is flawed. Any media (books, comics, movies, television, tabletop/roleplay) that contains science-fiction and especially spaceships, usually have their own conventions and canon. Rather, I should say that one sci-fi author or director will have their own ideas about...
  16. Onomotopoeia

One way to start is to collect some representative art in that style, maybe some life...

One way to start is to collect some representative art in that style, maybe some life photography of abs, et cetera. Then, merely "draw what you see".
  17. Onomotopoeia

Ah, that's an interesting take, a "reversal of expectations" story. But in my case, I kinda...

Ah, that's an interesting take, a "reversal of expectations" story. But in my case, I kinda already "saw" the plot as a mini-movie in my mind (I have a *very* active and potent imagination) and more-or-less intend that the overlord went "evil" due to specific situations when younger.
  18. Onomotopoeia

No worries; I'm sure nobody thought you meant that, here.... (But on the former part, I'd...

No worries; I'm sure nobody thought you meant that, here.... (But on the former part, I'd rather "Hollywood" just disappear...)
  19. Onomotopoeia

And the *one* thing I would say in behalf of "no talent hacks" is, at least they _*are*_ trying....

And the *one* thing I would say in behalf of "no talent hacks" is, at least they _*are*_ trying....
  20. Onomotopoeia

By which I mean to say, some people internalize the external situations of life, and somehow it...

By which I mean to say, some people internalize the external situations of life, and somehow it gets translated into "I'm not good enough" or "I just can't do it" -- when in reality, it often may boil down to "Just try, you may be surprised"....

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

IGMC is back everyone!
Fun challenge: Guess the name of this enemy!
Watchman.png
Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FADENT