Search results

1. lordvalinar

Animated Faces (Standalone)

EDIT: I apologize.. it appears I did not update the MV version for that. I'll try to amend it and get it re-uploaded asap I think battle has its own method of handling messages (I think I remember something like that before "Scene_Battle.prototype.update" or something like that) - which was...
  2. lordvalinar

Economic Trinity

Yeah sorry LvMZ_Factions.js is a bit more simplified and only works for those "in party" (1 = party leader, 2 = 2nd actor, etc). Although Technically you can use a script call to bypass the plugin command's parameters (replace the actorIDs with the actual ones you're using though): // this is...
  3. lordvalinar

Friendship-Romance System (FRS)

Alright so in order to do this (the first part between Actor 2 and 3), you'll need to do it as a script call. const actor2 = $gameActors.actor(2); // ActorID of 2 (example) const actor3 = $gameActors.actor(3); // ActorID of 3 (example) actor2.loseFriendship(3, 5); // actor2 likes actor3 less...
  4. lordvalinar

Just to confirm, This Aleena is an event (ID: 1), and Reid's actorId is also 1? If so, the issue might be on the plugin's end and I can look into it. Just want to make sure first the settings in the plugin command were correct :) @Magenta-Fantasies Where are you calling the plugin command from...
  5. lordvalinar

Economic Trinity

There aren't any current plans to update these at the moment. Plus it'd just be easier to unequip the item than edit the plugin to accommodate that.. Sorry.
  6. lordvalinar

The plugin is designed to integrate the Relations scene with the main menu. Just make sure you have the plugin parameter set to the party leader, open up the menu in-game, and go to Relations.
  7. lordvalinar

The issue in that would be the value of "hex". What do you have in fc1, fc2, rc1, rc2 parameters? They require a hex code (ie. #ff0000, #000000, #ffffff, etc)
  8. lordvalinar

RMMZ Help With Camera Movement

EDIT: So I think I am making progress... I have modified the updateScroll(Game_Player) method to now where it is smoothly sliding rather than locked/following the player. So now trying to figure how to get it to slide in front of the player instead of trailing behind. Currently looking into...
  9. lordvalinar

Yeah I found that too, looked into it. The camera trails behind the player, but it could be a start in the right direction. Also I must say you have an interesting way to alias methods.. I usually go with something like: const gamePlayer_update = Game_Player.prototype.update...
  10. lordvalinar

EDIT: center method is not working as intended :\ How to explain it.. when moving where the "centered" point would scroll the map, it scrolls keeping centered +/- 1 (X,Y) as intended but then it sticks there when moving back up or over, etc. I'm going to try going back to my original idea...
  11. lordvalinar

So I'm delving into a new section of the RM code that I haven't worked with yet - the display/camera positioning and I would like some help in trying to understand it. Specifically: What I Want: For the 'camera' to move in front of the player while moving (+1 tile, +2 tiles if dashing) and...
  12. lordvalinar

RMMZ How to change the follower count in MZ?

Well problem with what you posted here though is that you added a 3rd actor. Every array starts with 0. So "this._data[0]" is the first follower (not the party leader). The "i" inside "Game_Follower(i)" is the member index (0 = party leader, 1 = 1st follower, 2 = 2nd follower, etc). So yes if...
  13. lordvalinar

RMMZ How to change the follower count in MZ?

EDIT2: I have made a quick plugin that should do the trick. You can control the limit with a variable. Whenever you set the variable to anything > 0, the limit will kick in. Setting it back to 0 should revert it to normal settings (see attachment) EDIT: I suppose you could also use a script...
  14. lordvalinar

RMMV Assign Member Party Level to Variable

EDIT2:- Actually $gameParty.highestLevel() gets all members, not just current party.. so good to know for future :) EDIT: Glad it could help :) I stand corrected... (on the "last edit").. turns out Game_Party() has a function already that retrieves the highest level. // The script call let...
  15. lordvalinar

RMMV Assign Member Party Level to Variable

// For current party only // -> To use all members replace "battleMembers()" with "members()" const levels = $gameParty.battleMembers().map(e => e.level); // Average Level let newLevel = levels.reduce((a,b) => a + b, 0) / levels.length; // Lowest Level let newLevel = Math.min(...levels); //...
  16. lordvalinar

Lets talk RM3 PS2

Makes you really appreciate the people who made the newer iterations of RPG Maker....
  17. lordvalinar

RMMZ How To(?): Play Animation by XY Coordinates

EDIT2: Looks like they just created new/temporary events at the location they wanted before calling the animation request O.o I mean... I guess I could do that (would make it a dependent plugin though, and I try to avoid that that unless its' specifically an add-on) but it would work at...
  18. lordvalinar

As awesome as that is, doesn't really help in this scenario. I'm trying to learn how to do it :P And VisuMZ code are obfuscated/minified, so I can't take a peek either.
  19. lordvalinar

I know for MV, there were plugins that could play the animation based on XY coordinates (could even play them in battle), but since MZ uses Effekseer - and I tried looking at that code but that goes all the way back in js/libs/effekseer.min.js and I can't figure out how to use that knowledge to...
  20. lordvalinar

Lets talk RM3 PS2

I started working with RM2 again in this past few months. Took a few tutorials posted via GameFaqs or YT tutorials, and of course Trial & Error, but I finally got some cutscenes and things made. Starting area has a StarGate-like portal (or did, I changed the shape now) with the water-like...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(
Check out my side project! It's a survival dungeon crawler! https://voidmoon-studio.itch.io/depths-of-delmora
RushLog wrote on HarlekinLehl's profile.
how do you attach those images to your posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayvay