Search results

1. [SOLVED] Getting tripped up...

Well holy crap, that worked! I had the event in the tile he couldn't move to, so that it would be triggered by the player. Since the player could move into/through it, it didn't occur to me that other NPCs couldn't. Thanks!
  2. [SOLVED] Getting tripped up...

I want to give the Player Character an option to "trip" an NPC. The way I figured it is I make the Actor move aside, move the other character down, play a "walk" animation to make the PC look like they're sticking their foot out, then replace the 2nd characters' graphic with a "fallen down"...
  3. Set Movement -> Change Image not accounting for 1x3 sprites?

Ahh, so, if I wanted to use the second or third character, I'd just change direction. That's... Both brilliant and lazy. Why can't we have damaged characters facing all directions? Ah well. Thanks for clarifying that!
  4. State that wears off when character attacks

If you mean like the Hide state, you can put "Remove state: Hide" in all your Attacks. Though I don't know if that would negate any kind of sneak attack extra damage as you would no longer be hidden once the attack goes off. This assumes that this would target the actor and not the bad guy, in...
  5. Set Movement -> Change Image not accounting for 1x3 sprites?

So I'm using the sequence above to show a character being pushed down, so I wanted to use a "damaged" sprite. When I went to use "Change Image", the selection box was 3 x 3, even though each "damaged" character only inhabits a 1 x 3 area. And as I'm sure you're all aware, the "damaged"...
  6. Issue with interupting a movement route.

So, I made a separate event, which I had to make self-terminate because it soft-locked on the first step (a noise, that got REALLY annoying!)... but now it doesn't turn itself back on when I leave and re-enter. So, here's some screenies: EDIT: attaching original event as well, with the movement...
  7. Issue with interupting a movement route.

Just needing to change the dialogue, as he's a quest-giver. So, you know, the basic "Here's my problem will you help? "Y/N" "Okay thanks"; Next page "Did you take care of the problem yet"; last page "Thanks for taking care of that". Really basic stuff. So basically, instead of using the...
  8. Issue with interupting a movement route.

So, while gathering screenshots for @Andar , I kinda figured out the problem. The NPC has branching dialogue and multiple pages. So when a new page starts, it starts the route from that location! ...Crap. I feel like I'm gonna need a plugin to make him move between set coordinates instead of...
  9. Issue with interupting a movement route.

So, I have two NPCs on different maps, each with a similar route (just a basic back and forth with some pauses to look around). One of them, if I get in his way, he stops, and once I'm out of his way, he resumes his route and goes where he's supposed to. Works great! The OTHER NPC though, if I...
  10. (Bugs and rants) Just wanted to voice some dissatisfaction =(

Thanks for the reply! I'll check the event viewer next time I get a crash. I can't say for certain it's MZ doing it, but it just happened to be what I was using. One thing I didn't mention was that the steam overlay ("Press Shift tab to bring up Steam") likes to appear EVERYWHERE, even on tiny...
  11. (Bugs and rants) Just wanted to voice some dissatisfaction =(

So, I dove into using the MV trial a couple months ago... and it was semi-enjoyable. Enough so that, when I saw MZ, the latest version, on sale on Steam a week or so ago, I was like "Okay, cool, I'll buy it, cuz, why not?" (yeah, all the RPGMakers were on sale, but mweh) Boy, I wish I'd've...
  12. Getting some distance...

Ah! I was trying to cram everything onto one page; didn't occur to me to use a self-switch and make a second page anywhere! I did the built-in tutorial and have messed around a bit here and there (this whole thing with blowing up a boulder is just that, messing around), but I'll split it into...
  13. Getting some distance...

So I've set up an event where the player sets a bomb to remove a boulder to open a path to access a side-area. I've got the timing and special effects down pretty well. I thought it would be fun to give the player 3 seconds to run and hide so that the exploding boulder doesn't damage them...
  14. Help with Stealth/Sneak Attack mechanic.

So, I'm ALMOST there with this, but figured I needed help with polish. I've successfully implemented a Stealth mechanic in battle. The Actor becomes translucent (thanks to Mokusei Penguin), and gains a passive buff to Evasion, Critical Hit %, Attack, and a significantly lowered target rate. I...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Spent all day writing code, only for it to result in an endless loop...sigh.:kaosigh:
So um what is the deal with rpgmakerofficial.com ,why are there two rpg maker websites now? Is it any different from the current one rpgmakerweb.com??
ScreenShot_7_1_2022_11_41_55.png
When the Panic gauge is full, Mike will turn into Omar in a state of actual panic. his move list changes and until the meter depletes completely, he'll be able make use of this alter ego.
So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!
Sometimes I am amazed at how relentless spam bots are. I would clear the que and then see 800~5k more depending on their mood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MercyTales