Search results

1. Astfgl66

Shield and Break system (Octopath traveler)

My plugin does not currently offer that option. I have mostly stopped programming, so I am unlikely to add it in the foreseeable future, sorry.
  2. Astfgl66

Quick Time Events (R2 26/11)

Yeah, it's just like I thought You have put a wrong datatype into the parameters. This plugins draws icon from your iconset to use as a way to display QTE inputs. You're going to have to make or find icons for arrows and buttons you'd like to use, put them into your iconset and then reference...
  3. Astfgl66

Please send me a screenshot of your plugin parameters. It seems to be crashing when trying to eval your icon array parameter so something fishy must be going on in there. I'm still looking into the action sequence crashing. It doesn't look good for now, as it seems to be an interaction between...
  4. Astfgl66

Yes it means somewhere something is trying to call the variable up instead of the string "up". As this does not happen in my test project (that's only yanfly's suite and my qte plugin) it's most likely one of two things: A: You've written an incorrect script call and forgotten quotation marks...
  5. Astfgl66

As for your first problem, I have confirmed that success and failure detection within my plugin are OK. The conditionnal statement works fine too. Here's what I used. <setup action> eval: $gameMap.QTE(["normal"],300,["ok","up","down","left"],true) if ($gameMap.getQTEResult() === "failure")...
  6. Astfgl66

Same reply as above, I can't help you with just that description. Send a copy of your action sequence and a screenshot of the skill at the very least.
  7. Astfgl66

Well, this is kinda hard to debug with only that description. My guess is something is most likely wrong in your action sequence. Either you don't get the result properly or you have improper action sequence break conditions when a QTE fails.
  8. Astfgl66

Try outputting your QTE result using the alert command or console.log to see if it's your action sequence that's faulty or the QTE logic. Use Eval: alert($gameMap.getQTEResult()) I might remember the result call wrong it's been a long time since I used this plugin.
  9. Astfgl66

There is a way to resize the window but the icons are taken from the standard iconset and can't be scaled up. Only way would be to use bigger icons on your whole project.
  10. Astfgl66

Well, you could try copying the missing function into the plugin file, paste it at the end and see if it would work? I have no plan to port any of my plugins to mz anytime soon so you'll have to figure things out by your own, sorry.
  11. Astfgl66

Your plugin is most likely not named correctly. Check the instructions in the first post for the proper name
  12. Astfgl66

Animated busts and picture based animations.

This plugin makes animations by showing pre drawn pictures at high speed. If you have a frame by frame drawn animation of anything this plugin will be able to display it. It does not make the pictures by itself, and for complex animations you're probably better off using an animation program...
  13. Astfgl66

Favorite Game Type?

Over time and as I get busier I've switched from rpgs to roguelites and mobas (lol specifically) I do not have the time anymore to spend 50/80h on an epic story based rpg, and enjoy spending the same time in 30min sessions instead.
  14. Astfgl66

RMMZ Are VisuStella's MZ Plugins encrypted?

It's not a gold standard, but due to the notoriety of YEP and their userbase, it will be taken as such in my opinion. I don't think looking at someone else's code taking note of the logic underneath, and then adapting things for your own work is plagiarizing. It would be like if you told me...
  15. Astfgl66

I can't really believe we're arguing against learning from other people's code. If you're a new programmer having just learned the language and getting into rpgmaker, you're going to look at the program you're working on as reference obviously, but then you'll also look if someone else has done...
  16. Astfgl66

I am quite saddened by this. I used to take a look at how Yanfly made their plugins a lot and I learned so much from doing so. It seems we can't have nice things because of people stealing code. Understandable, but very sad.
  17. Astfgl66

Shield and Break system (Octopath traveler)

First help file section: Set max shield notetags: *Order for max shield calculation: *actor, class, equipment, passive states, states then floored *Notetags: <mSh: >, Ex: <mSh: num += 5> [... ] *Enemies are the same except you remove class and equipment calculations
  18. Astfgl66

What do you plan to do with RPG Maker MZ?

I'm probably going to port some of my plugins initially. Then I'll wait a bit for updates and plugins from other creators before deciding if I should actually make a game.
  19. Astfgl66

Let's speak about VisuStella term of service as Plugins developpers

You could probably hack something by parsing their function into a string, editing the string to add your new code and then evaling the thing. I'm already having nightmares thinking about that. Edit: So just to recap, in order to not have to go through them. 1. You parse their function into a...
  20. Astfgl66

Let's speak about VisuStella term of service as Plugins developpers

So the issue I missed is copying part of methods you cannot alias in order to make them work for your plugin because the logic couldn't work otherwise? Have you tried contacting them to see what their stance on this point is ? If so what was their answer ? I agree that, if you take it as is, it...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After a little test with the parallax mapping, found it lags like a cat on a leash. Instead of the original idea to parallax map the entirety of the ship, I guess I'll settle for editing the tilesets. Probably should have done that first. :kaosigh:
So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG
I'm Really proud of how my game over screen looks!
UldJFr1.png
I felt inspired by a piece of art I saw. So I made this.

Wanderer Doge.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luxheo