Search results

1. cuby

Moving pictures in other ways

thanks andar, the movement i'm looking for is, how would you say it, parabolic? big natural curves? kes thanks for this -- i hadn't considered having it be an event, but that makes sense. the problem i think is that a dragonfly might indeed move a bit differently from a broadly-curving...
  2. cuby

Moving pictures in other ways

Hi! Is there any way to move pictures other than in a straight line, zooming, or rotating? I'd love to create a more complex movement pattern (such as just a buzzing fly), but I'm not sure what other options there might be out there that aren't obvious. Certainly open to a plugin but always...
  3. cuby

How to add an enemy mid battle behind existing enemy and have it move

So I've tested out the script call for moving the enemy, and I'm afraid I can't get it to work. I'm using the following conditions to test: So when the main enemy (1) is at half health, enemy 2 should move down. There are two enemies on the screen, which I suppose are considered sprites 1...
  4. cuby

Wow this is amazing that this script call exists, I would not have guessed. I will give it a try -- in the meantime, is there a way to add the enemy mid-battle behind the existing enemy? That way I could use this script call to move the new enemy out from behind. Thank you so much @coyotecraft !
  5. cuby

Specific thing I'm trying to do but not having luck. I'd like to have an enemy appear mid-battle (easy), but I'd like to have it appear behind the existing enemy, and emerge from behind like it was hiding there the entire time. Might anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? Thank you...
  6. cuby

Large Choices

Hi Hime, there's a very interesting, repeatable bug that breaks this wonderful plugin. If an event has a large choice, the most recent show_text the player has seen can not be in the "middle" position of the screen. If it is, when the large choices are shown, only the top group of choices will...
  7. cuby

After Equip, remain in menu

Thanks for this ... I've done some testing and isolated the problem. If that means this post needs to be moved to plugin support that's fine but I don't think that is necessary here, I think this can be solved with script calls -- still need help though :LZSgrin: I'm using a very simple but...
  8. cuby

After Equip, remain in menu

Hi all, After equipping an armor, the menu totally backs out all the way and closes, which is really disruptive to game flow. I have to think that tons of other people have encountered and solved this, but I can't find any mentions of it (since I think it's a weird thing to find the right...
  9. cuby

Picture rotate while moving -- like old-timey newsreel

thank you eliaquim! it does all work! i just need to work out how to stop the rotation exactly when i want it but that's what testing is for. many thanks, grateful for your help -- you've helped me several times already and i'm happy for the help yet again :) EDIT: for the record, here is the...
  10. cuby

Picture rotate while moving -- like old-timey newsreel

Just a quick question to see if I can do this with stock eventing -- I'd love to have a newspaper headline simultaneously rotate while moving (enlarging). I know I can do either one independently but I haven't had much luck with the image starting small, then rotating and enlarging until it...
  11. cuby

Randomizing system sound effects

So before I post a new thread in the plugin request forum, I wanted to confirm whether or not anyone following here had access to the Lecode Random Audio (and necessary parent) plugin. Their plugins seem to be behind an access request wall, and despite attempts to reach them, I haven't been able...
  12. cuby

This is an almost insanely perfect find, thank you! The creator requires to request access to the file but if that goes through this ought to be solved -- will report back ASAP!
  13. cuby

I'm a big fan of randomizing things, so I was wondering if it were possible to perhaps use a script call to get MV to choose between a random set of SE's to use for, let's say, save game. I know this feels like a plugin requesty sort of thing but every now and then someone comes up with a...
  14. cuby

Problem with Player Touch events

It really IS odd! I tested it real quick with msg windows, and no it doesn't reproduce the problem. But go ahead and try it yourself! If a player touch event triggers a common event with a sound effect, it will play several times. It would seem to be a bug -- like the engine isn't handling...
  15. cuby

Thanks ShadowDragon just this simple wait at the end of the event solves everything. I actually can get the wait down to a small number which doesn't affect gameplay at all. Just the simple humble wait solves so many problems! Solved :) Thank you so much!! Though I'm still weirdly curious about...
  16. cuby

I've encountered an interesting issue with player touch events that I've been banging my head against: I have a room with multiple identical NPC's, and I want them to play a SE from a set of several SE's when touched. So currently I have them all running a common event when touched. This...
  17. cuby

Basic question about using || in script calls

I totally get it now, thank you very much for explaining it so clearly. The array you suggested is very obviously the optimal solution, since I actually have lots and lots of values to check against, and this is surely the most efficient. Let me just run a quick test of it, though as with...
  18. cuby

Thanks, this worked!! :LZSgrin: :LZSgrin:
  19. cuby

Hi all, very quick question. I have a conditional branch that is checking on the value of a variable. The variable is is a text string, and I am checking this string to see if it says a certain thing before proceeding. However, I'm having some issues with this and since I'm a newbie in this...
  20. cuby

RMMV Numeric variable displaying with comma in Yanfly Save Core

SOLVED. @caethyril when can we all throw you a party? You make life easier for the rest of us :LZSgrin::LZSgrin::LZSgrin: Thank you!!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SpaceBot wrote on DoctorMolotov's profile.
I miss you :kaocry:
I have game ideas, but none of them would fit the theme for IGMC. XD
Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
my_birthday1205