Search results

1. Tai_MT

@lianderson Look man, I've won every single fight I've ever been in by at least 3 blocks. LET'S GO!

@lianderson Look man, I've won every single fight I've ever been in by at least 3 blocks. LET'S GO!
  2. Tai_MT

How to easily start a fight with almost anyone on the planet: "I don't agree with your point of...

How to easily start a fight with almost anyone on the planet: "I don't agree with your point of view because..."
  3. Tai_MT

How to learn a certain programming aspect/thing/topic well/deeply?

I don't really know anything about programming except how to "generally" read the raw text dump of most of the languages (basically, I just sort of see what things say and look like they're referring to and make inferences. I have no idea what I'm doing, but can somehow decently accurately read...
  4. Tai_MT

I've never really seen the difference between 30 and 60, to be honest. As long as there's no...

I've never really seen the difference between 30 and 60, to be honest. As long as there's no "stutter", I really can't tell. But, when it "slows" from the standard speed, you can tell and it is rough to look at.
  5. Tai_MT

Owch. Sounds like my PC when I try to run Satisfactory. Runs at a buttery 30 fps... until...

Owch. Sounds like my PC when I try to run Satisfactory. Runs at a buttery 30 fps... until combat. Then, suddenly, it drops to around 10 fps. I can't imagine that with RPG Maker... You need a new laptop my man.
  6. Tai_MT

Thanks RPG Maker Community

Not sure if you've had the fun experience of this yet, since you're new... But, just wait until you figure out that some of the simple things that you're learning... translate into doing very complex and unique things within the engine. Then, the gears start turning, the possibilities start...
  7. Tai_MT

Still kickin'. Not sure I remember you, but welcome back!

Still kickin'. Not sure I remember you, but welcome back!
  8. Tai_MT

Yes it was! The longest I've ever owned one (aside from my original Hewlett Packard with...

Yes it was! The longest I've ever owned one (aside from my original Hewlett Packard with Windows 3.1 installed on it) and the amount of usage I got out of it was pretty good (only being unable to run Satisfactory, Planetside 2, and Ark: Survival Evolved) on it to any degree of playability. 10...
  9. Tai_MT

Even more fun when they use "accounts" instead of "players". They stop citing the statistic...

Even more fun when they use "accounts" instead of "players". They stop citing the statistic when accounts have a monthly fee... and people who quit playing... cancel their accounts so they no longer play (*coughWorldofWarcraftcough*).
  10. Tai_MT

Welp, it's been more than 10 years with this PC and now the internal fan died and I've got "heat...

Welp, it's been more than 10 years with this PC and now the internal fan died and I've got "heat damage". It's been a good run, probably time I finally upgraded again. Looking forward to backing up my project to transfer it to a new PC.
  11. Tai_MT

A profile update basically turned into a "topic" and we've got a "character limit". So... lots...

A profile update basically turned into a "topic" and we've got a "character limit". So... lots of comments.
  12. Tai_MT

Then, you get weird outliers like this one: [MEDIA] A song I would never have enjoyed... if I...

Then, you get weird outliers like this one: A song I would never have enjoyed... if I hadn't played Mass Effect, which gave the song context for me to enjoy it.
  13. Tai_MT

Whereas a review like, "I enjoy this kind of music and it made me feel X" is more useful...

Whereas a review like, "I enjoy this kind of music and it made me feel X" is more useful. Especially when coupled with the tracks associated with that emotion. It doesn't "hype" the game up in any way, nor detract from it (in most cases, anyway).
  14. Tai_MT

I find them to be worthless because of the subjective nature of them. Going back to the music...

I find them to be worthless because of the subjective nature of them. Going back to the music you gave me. You said, "these will get stuck in your head" and were very happy to share them with me. But, they didn't get stuck in my head. I found them to be "background music I would mute". So a...
  15. Tai_MT

To elaborate, I appreciate someone like Ross Scott who "wears his biases on his sleeve" when it...

To elaborate, I appreciate someone like Ross Scott who "wears his biases on his sleeve" when it comes to his "reviewing" of the music in a game. When other reviewers don't really do the same, it's much harder to know if I will "enjoy" the soundtrack or not. More often... it tends to be "not"...
  16. Tai_MT

Oh, I'm not saying it isn't valuable to know the biases of the reviewer. Reviewer loves Heavy...

Oh, I'm not saying it isn't valuable to know the biases of the reviewer. Reviewer loves Heavy Metal music, so the soundtrack made the game feel better to them. I don't care for Heavy Metal, so it wouldn't do anything for me. But, reviews don't couch aesthetics in terms of personal bias and...
  17. Tai_MT

@Trihan Well yes, all reviews are subjective personal opinions. Which is why "the game does X"...

@Trihan Well yes, all reviews are subjective personal opinions. Which is why "the game does X" tends to be more valuable than "the game made me feel Y". The end user can decide if something is able to be tolerated or enjoyed more easily that way. Harder to do that with music and aesthetics.
  18. Tai_MT

@Trihan Anyway, the music you posted. I'm likely emotionally divorced from this music. It...

@Trihan Anyway, the music you posted. I'm likely emotionally divorced from this music. It sounds a lot like "forgettable background music" I would likely mute. There's probably greater context, but it's not catchy to me. I think I've just heard too much music that sounds like this, so it's...
  19. Tai_MT

@Trihan After all, everyone's tastes in aesthetics is entirely different and subjective. Music...

@Trihan After all, everyone's tastes in aesthetics is entirely different and subjective. Music you found emotional and enjoyable, I may not. Therefore, the scene may not impact me as much. I may find the music itself to be "not appropriate" for the scene as a result. So, I find it...
  20. Tai_MT

@Trihan Subjective things only hold value to the individual and not the masses. That's sort of...

@Trihan Subjective things only hold value to the individual and not the masses. That's sort of the reason why most reviews "work". Reviewers say, "The game does X" and the individual can decide if that's a "dealbreaker" or not. But, if a reviewer says, "this piece of music was so emotional"...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I created my own website for stuff I make. :D
Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Title Screen 100% Finished

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnqw98e