Search results

1. wilpuri

Can I play the game I made after the RPG marker free trial has expired?

I wasn’t sure if the question was about continuing to work on the unfinished game or just playing the unfinished game.
  2. wilpuri

Different dialogues for different characters

Variables are nothing alone, you have to connect them to something. In MV it’s under ”Control Variables”. You can find a lot of options what the variable is. And then you can have conditions what happens if the variable (ie. party size) is some number or over/under it. It’s the same or similar...
  3. wilpuri

Can I play the game I made after the RPG marker free trial has expired?

I believe that if you buy the license you can continue the project you started with the trial.
  4. wilpuri

RMXP Inn Need (IGMC 2022)

Nice polished art. Looks relaxing. Won’t be trying because I only have Mac, but good luck with the game!
  5. wilpuri

For solo developers, how do you make a game?

This is good advice. After two unfinished projects I am now making a third one, that is now actually close to a finish line. My problem has always been too big projects too soon… including the current one, but Covid-19 helped me by giving a lot of extra time to work on the game. This game is...
  6. wilpuri

Parallax foreground objects

Fellow devs! I remember seeing a plugin and a tutorial how to have parallax scrolling foreground on a map, but now I can’t find it. I don’t mean the parallax mapping, but a way to have objects like trees to be closer to viewer and when you move they scroll at different speed. My maps are made...
  7. wilpuri

For solo developers, how do you make a game?

The one thing everyone can do is tell a story. We are all storytellers. Other skills needed you have to learn. I practiced with three different engines and decided to do this first game with RPG Maker. Graphics was a natural step for me because I enjoy drawing. Learning to do pixel art is a...
  8. wilpuri

RPG Maker Games: The Stigma, And How To Avoid It

I believe that was my post and it was genuine interest and I’ve had helpful responses from you and others.
  9. wilpuri

I think the script avoidance is just higher with RPG Maker users. When I tried Game Maker I started using code from the beginning, but now with two years of progress in my game with RM MV I still haven’t touched scripting and I see alot of help requests ”without scripting”. There is something...
  10. wilpuri

RMMZ Fatal Runtime - Glitch Horror

Looks great! I like the visual style. Maybe I’ll try this if you release Mac or web version.
  11. wilpuri

I can understand that. My pet peeve is the default graphics and I am too harsh to people who use them. I think most people should not use them, but I have to admit some people can make them work.
  12. wilpuri

Tamina, you have some good ideas, but the attitude is annoying. Just hitting everyone down like you are above them gets old fast. EDIT: and I understand communicating in writing is difficult. English is not my first language so I may come across as rude. But just saying things on popular games...
  13. wilpuri

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Beautiful! I hope you can finish that project. Even this single image has an eerie vibe!
  14. wilpuri

This is interesting. I think the lesson here is to know what you are making. There should not be combat in DE just because people like combat. But devs should remember that if you are making a game that doesn’t have the popular mechanics it can result in a lack of interest. DE by the way is...
  15. wilpuri

I think the battle system like everything should serve the game. If you are making a dungeon crawler or otherwise battle heavy game you are in trouble without plugins and scripts. If you are making game like Stardew Valley or something then it might be an overkill to make the battles to be mini...
  16. wilpuri

I have to ask are you yourself making games with this tool? For me it feels that this is not the tool for more strategic turn based combat where you move around in the environment have elevations, ranges etc. Someone can do it with this, but most likely it’s easier with Unity, Godot or maybe...
  17. wilpuri

Divinity: Original Sin would be my goal if I had the skills, but I’m solo devving on RPG Maker so there’s still few steps. :D Repetitive simplistic battles can easily turn a player away from the game. I think I agree that if the focus of the game is fighting, then the vanilla tools are pretty...
  18. wilpuri

I don’t have any traditional random encounters (few surprise ambushes) so maybe I’m dodging this. Hmm… not sure if I understand this. Is it usual that the battle system asks this? I have the escape there just one of the things you can do besides attacking, using skill or using item. EDIT...
  19. wilpuri

D&D Style/Type RPG Maker Games?

This was very good advice! I have also been thinking what to call the attributes and this gave me ideas!
  20. wilpuri

Out of curiosity what do you consider to be the ”basic battle system” people dislike? I have no battle plugins, but I’ve changed the numbers (everything is a lot lower than in samples), there is no magic it’s willpower and it has different effects (something between stamina and sanity meter)...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you are a fan of TRPGs like Fire Emblem, take a moment to help me by filling out this:

Camping inside a hidden cave.
LzSHByh.jpg
I don’t believe in astrology. I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.
senary_concept_art.png
The concept art for the sprite of Senary, a major character in my upcoming (as-of-yet-unnamed) project. She is known as the Timelord because she can "stop time" by making eye contact with a person; Paralyzing them for a short period of time through a type of hypnosis. Tell me what you think about her. I'm thinking of changing the color of her coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123aagg