Search results

1. tumsterfest

Editing a Walking Sprite

Resource Type: EDIT of walking sprite Maker Format: MV or MZ Art Style: RTP-ish Description: For my game's character Saylor, I tried mishmashing free assets to match the concept art, then filled in blanks from there. There are two issues: In the middle rows, the leg closest to the camera...
  2. tumsterfest

TV Rear Hair (Top 3 Rows)

Resource Type: Sprite Part Maker Format: MV or MZ Art Style: RTP, Basically Description: Hello, I'm looking for a rear hair generator piece, just above shoulder-length, for the top three rows of a TV spritesheet. A longer version of this hairstyle is here, and I subsequently used it for my...
  3. tumsterfest

TRADE Avery's Reverie - Battles, Plugins, Animation, etc. - Flexible Arrangements

Engine: RPG Maker MZ (If you have strong interest in committing to this project but don't have MZ, I'm open to providing it for you.) Synopsis (See Games in Development thread for full details.) Story: Tired of doing chores "literally" all the time (and literally tired from staying up past...
  4. tumsterfest

RMMZ What Plugins Exist (& Play Nicely Together) for These Battle Ideas?

Hello (and sorry if this is the wrong thread)! I'm looking to further customize my battle system. Currently it uses virtually no plugins except for the free MZ VisuStella ones, an "alternative skill costs" notetag, and passive states for equipment by Fomar. I have a basic idea of the popular...
  5. tumsterfest

Shadow Pen Doesn't Display During Playtesting

Hi, I'm noticing that any shadows I place during in-editor mapping are not showing up during playtesting. Based on past threads, I've tried: Disabling all plugins Unchecking "Disable Tile Shadows" in the VisuStella Core Engine plugin Making sure all top-left tiles on a tile sheet are set to...
  6. tumsterfest

RMMZ Avery's Reverie

7. tumsterfest

Spritesheet selection box too small, even with $ and proper dimensions.

Hi, I'm trying to use animated lava bubbles, but when I go to create the event the selection box is too small to get the whole frame. I know there are a million topics out there on this issue, and they've all been a matter of: Not putting "$" in front of the file name, or The spritesheet not...
  8. tumsterfest

Last few maps won't process event battles

Hi, I've used event battles for 95% of my battles so far, with no issues. All of a sudden, on my last few maps, my event battles aren't processing. I've tried switching them to Player Touch vs. Event Touch; neither works. I've tried copying and pasting event battles from other maps that I'm...
  9. tumsterfest

After the boss fight -- what now? (Beginner--ish question)

I am trying to make my story progress after my game's first boss battle. This storyline event will occur on the same map as the player was on before the boss fight. To make the cutscene initiate AFTER the fight, I made it only happen on the condition that you possess a weapon that's earned by...
  10. tumsterfest

Damage formulas producing 0 damage

Hi, I'm having trouble figuring out why a few attacks of mine aren't causing damage: First one: a.hp + atk - b.def * 2 Second one: a.mat * 5.5 - tp - b.mdf I'm pretty decent at math, so it's definitely not an issue with that. My suspicion is that my issue has something to do with including...
  11. tumsterfest

Skills and States Core Plugin (I Think) Issue

Hi, I just added the suite of Yanfly MZ plugins to my MZ plugin folder. However, I got this error message when I loaded the game to test: I removed all the Yanfly plugins and started readding them one by one to see which one triggered the error, and it ended up being the Skills and States...
  12. tumsterfest

Toolbar not working

Am I the only one who doesn't get any menu prompts when they click on the toolbar options up top? I also don't see anything when I click on MAP001 in the map tree. I restarted both MZ and my computer, but neither worked. I'm guessing this is some weird issue with display setting? I don't have...
  13. tumsterfest

Question From New Idiot Re: Importing Resources

Hi, I'm new to RPG Maker MV (literally have not played an RPG Maker since the PS1 game). I downloaded all of these sweet free DLC resources to expand my options for character creation and BGM. While I can use the BGM just fine, I can't use any of the character stuff. After 90 minutes of...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.
More words of wisdom: Trying to make everyone happy will just make you miserable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cypherian