Search results

1. JahwsUF

The StatusMenuCore (v 1.1.1)

You add them in with the plugin's parameter settings.  I have a bunch of tutorial-style information in the initial topic; be sure to read through that. In the main menu or the status menu?  If it's on the status menu, and you're using large portraits, the system is set to not show that...
  2. JahwsUF

New Game Event

I'm definitely still planning to support it... I just haven't seen posts on the topic, so I guess all's fine in that direction for now? At first, that's what I tried to do... and then I realized it wouldn't work.  Unless there's something I'm missing, when the player is first loaded onto...
  3. JahwsUF

New Game Event

The first thing I note there - your error is launching from within a plugin called MBS_SmoothScroll, and it's also passed through MBS_MapZoom.  It may well be due to some interesting interaction between 'em. It appears that those plugins are assuming something about the game's use of maps...
  4. JahwsUF

New Game Event

I've tested it in a project with quite a number of them - it ought be compatible with them, though I haven't tested 'em all. Also, could you do me a favor?  When your game crashes, before closing it, hit the "F8" key and copy the red text that appears for me if you can - that might provide...
  5. JahwsUF

New Game Event

Ah, thanks.  I just tested your event in a project of mine but had no issue from it - the only problem I found was a black screen after it finished, which was fixed by removing the "Fadeout Screen" commands at your event's end. Just in case this might help, try it out again with this...
  6. JahwsUF

New Game Event

Any chance you could copy the event text for me, so I can be sure to replicate the problem?
  7. JahwsUF

New Game Event

What are the contents of the event you're trying to run?  Keep in mind that not all game objects are available at the start of the game; for example, the map isn't loaded yet when the event is launched.
  8. JahwsUF

Plugin parameter storage

Does anyone know where the system stores the options you specify for a plugin?  I've tried a few times to back up the state of my game before making sweeping changes to debug plugins I've developed, but the values actually changed permanently! Granted, I didn't backup the whole game folder...
  9. JahwsUF

; really required after each method?

As someone who's predominantly a C++ and Java developer, I feel you.  If you think that feels wrong, it feels even worse when you overwrite a built-in method with your own version.  (That's incredibly against proper design principles in industry languages.)  It also feels incredibly wrong...
  10. JahwsUF

Recommended way to load note-tags?

I've done this as well, partly because of having read Yanfly's code to learn how to write my own plugins. The majority of game data is loaded when your game boots up.  Not all of it does, though...  should you have note tags on maps or on map-based events, those are only loaded when you...
  11. JahwsUF

#1 - Make sure that the "Page ID" option in the plugin's settings is different between the two versions of the page. #2 - You should have a separate actual copy of the plugin on the hard drive to be imported. #3 - Make sure the window class defined in the plugin copy has a slightly different...
  12. JahwsUF

[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

[/SPOILER] Taking a look at this, I'm left with one question.  Is it possible to have this disabled by default, but enabled when a character in the battle party has a special trait or state?  (Kind of like Libra from FFXII.)
  13. JahwsUF

StatusMenuCore v 1.1.0 1.1.1 is now live! I've given it quite a fair bit of testing, but it's possible I may have missed something in my desire to be done for the night and in my excitement to unveil the new version and its features.  Since 1.1.0's launch, I discovered one bug in the portrait...
  14. JahwsUF

Hey, I'm starting to look at this issue now, but this leaves me with a question.  Does your game also have leveling?  Should I also remove leveling information?  This affects how I'd implement formatting behaviors. .. eh, whatever.  I'll go ahead and make that an option too, 'cause why not...
  15. JahwsUF

Took me a bit to look back at this... I did look at this problem as I was developing the plugin, but I'm actually not sure where (and even if) that data resides in the system.  All the parameters (or ex-, or sp- parameters) seemed oriented toward an Actor's ability to inflict the state, not...
  16. JahwsUF

Nothing as of yet; my plugin-authoring energy has been directed toward a pet project for my own game that's looking pretty extensive and complex.  (Short version - I'm figuring out how to support Harvest Moon style content.)  I do have this in mind, but it's not presently my highest priority.
  17. JahwsUF

So, you're interested in changing what I've termed a "portrait" within the plugin - the full-body image of the Actor?  The way you've spoken about this has had me pretty confused, since the "portraits" didn't seem to be actually used anywhere within the base RPG Maker resources, hence there'd...
  18. JahwsUF

The "profile switch" is a swap on the character's backstory - on the profile text for the character.  It doesn't perform an image swap.  I know I've seen other plugins posted that are much more suited for what you want to do. Here's one example of a plugin I found that might interest you: ...
  19. JahwsUF

New Game Event

The main reason I'm concerned about that is that upon a new game's start, you have no chance to have previously set a switch for autorun.  Then again, this plugin can take care of that, so I guess it's not truly necessary anymore.  Good point!
  20. JahwsUF

New Game Event

New Game Event - v 1.0.0 by JahwsUF You know how lots of games start off with a cutscene or an intro sequence?  Maybe you get to customize the game a little bit right off the bat, like choosing your main character's game?  Wouldn't it be nice to do that in RPG Maker?  I thought so, and set out...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.
More words of wisdom: Trying to make everyone happy will just make you miserable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangkysv388org